The Athletic mock draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Limey

Rookie
Has no trades but does all 7 rounds at

2 (52) Higgins WR Clemson
2 (57) Wilson OT Georgia
3 (84) Robertson CB Louisiana Tech
3 (104) Harrison LB Ohio State
4 (126) Garvin Edge Miami, FL
6 (199) Kindley G Georgia
7 (234) Jackson WR Syracuse

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wilson there at 57 would be crazy good luck he could move to LG and start day 1 or stay at RT and move Evans in to guard and free up Havenstein for a trade. Not sure I go CB that high but nice draft. Not being a subscriber I gotta guess there's a RB we could have taken there to fit better.

Petrowsky

Rookie
Name
Petrowsky
Has no trades but does all 7 rounds at

2 (52) Higgins WR Clemson
2 (57) Wilson OT Georgia
3 (84) Robertson CB Louisiana Tech
3 (104) Harrison LB Ohio State
4 (126) Garvin Edge Miami, FL
6 (199) Kindley G Georgia
7 (234) Jackson WR Syracuse
I definitely like the Higgins pick. I would rather upgrade LB before CB, but I guess that just depends on how the draft comes together.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Get Moss at #84 & this draft would be a slam dunk.
Ya we need a C, but if we get more talented at LG, that might compensate.
a decent K in round 7 would be nice too. But otherwise this is a decent draft.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
No RBs? We don't need a wr what is the value of trading Cooks when he had a down year and could easily bounce back and we are taking a massive cap hit the answer is we are fine at WR. The goal should be to free up one more pick who can start on the line or at ilb or edge not wr.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This draft is kind of nuts tbh. They score Higgins which would be a coup at 52. But then take an OT who's a bit plodding in his movement in Wilson. We don't need another RT. Granted, I am sure some think Wilson could be a LT but I'm not one of them.

The round 3 picks are fine by me, but not taking a RB is worrisome. Seems like a really good haul though overall.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That would be a hell of a draft.

This draft is kind of nuts tbh. They score Higgins which would be a coup at 52. But then take an OT who's a bit plodding in his movement in Wilson. We don't need another RT. Granted, I am sure some think Wilson could be a LT but I'm not one of them.

The round 3 picks are fine by me, but not taking a RB is worrisome. Seems like a really good haul though overall.

I think we'd be taking Wilson to play OG. He's a mountain of a man with serious power. He's raw technically, but if he develops he could easily be a homerun.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wilson there at 57 would be crazy good luck he could move to LG and start day 1 or stay at RT and move Evans in to guard and free up Havenstein for a trade. Not sure I go CB that high but nice draft. Not being a subscriber I gotta guess there's a RB we could have taken there to fit better.

Zack Moss went with the last pick in the third round.

Ram65

Legend
I'm with everyone else about a RB, Either third-round pick could get Moss. That Wilson is humongous.

Don't know if Higgins will be around at 52 but, think Rams need a guy like him.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No RBs? We don't need a wr what is the value of trading Cooks when he had a down year and could easily bounce back and we are taking a massive cap hit the answer is we are fine at WR. The goal should be to free up one more pick who can start on the line or at ilb or edge not wr.

And this is why I seriously doubt we draft a WR in the 2nd round. And I personally don't even think we will draft one in the 3rd.

Whether we roll with Malcolm Brown or draft someone, it's very likely we use two RBs frequently - after that we have 3 WRs and 2 TEs - that's 7 skill guys who will all see a ton of playing time. Obviously injuries can happen, so I wouldn't be opposed to WR - but McSnead have generally focused on certain positions at certain parts of the draft - I see RB/LB/OL as the focus on day 2 and WR/S/CB for day 3, with some potential overlap for S and OL.

I don't really want a WR drafted that high. No matter who it is they're not jumping Reynolds and if we're basically going to redshirt a WR, i trust McVay to have success with a 3rd/4th rounder