"The Ankle"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
JIM THOMAS

Sam Bradford isn't walking with a limp. He seems to be moving around as good as ever on the practice field. Nonetheless, the Rams' quarterback told reporters following Saturday's practice at the Edward Jones Dome that his ankle still isn't 100-percent healthy.

"It's close," Bradford said. "I think it's as good as it's going to feel. It's something that we're managing right now. I've been able to take every snap so far without any setbacks and I think that's a positive sign."

Bradford suffered a severe high ankle sprain in Game 5 last season against Green Bay, and it sidelined him for most of the rest of the season.

Is he surprised that the ankle situation has lingered this long?

"Yeah, it is a little bit frustrating that it's somewhat there still," Bradford said. "I thought that with rest in the offseason, it would've been gone by now. But it's not. I've talked about it with Reg (trainer Reggie Scott). I understand what his plan is, and I think we're doing as good as we can right now in managing it."

Read More: http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football ... c3977.html

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I don't like the word " managing" when it comes to An injury at this point

IMO it should have been managed last year after there was little to gain but alas It was mismanaged

Anonymous

I wonder how long this will happen before people catch on.

We will get the complaints that Spags shouldna oughtna put a full workload on an injured Bradford, even with medical clearance.

But after a while someone will point out that if there actually IS a lingering problem (which there isn't)--then Fisher is already doing the exact same thing.

So if there is still a problem Fisher is doing the same thing Spags did. Full workload. If there isn't a problem then there's nothing to complain about.

In terms of just the simple fact of playing a medically clear but hurt qb, someone should check McNair's injury history before the double standard thing gets too far out of line. So far Bradford's injuries don't even amount to a footnote compared to McNair's.

Fisher's history with McNair (which includes an ankle injury)------>

From A Look Back at the Career of Steve McNair

Jul 4, 2009

http://www.titansonline.com/news/ar...e-mcnair/7bafa73a-0a67-4b0b-847d-c74e278737fb

Described by head coach Jeff Fisher as the "toughest player I have ever coached," McNair’s tenure has been one marked by grit and a seemingly impenetrable tolerance for pain. Despite an inordinate number of injuries, only Brett Favre and Peyton Manning started more NFL games than McNair from the time he became a full-time starter in 1997 through the end of the 2006 season (160 by Favre and Manning; 141 by McNair). In February 2004, USA Today ranked McNair number three in their list of "The 10 Toughest Athletes in Sports," behind only Favre and the NBA’s Allen Iverson.

McNair missed just five games after undergoing disc surgery in 1999 and was voted by his teammates as the Ed Block Courage Award winner. In 2000, he played in every game despite suffering a severely bruised sternum in Week 2 and subsequently earned his first Pro Bowl berth. The following offseason, doctors needed 15 gallons of water to flush out a right shoulder infection that caused a month full of pain "like no other," as he described it to a reporter for The Tennessean. He overcame more right shoulder difficulties in 2001 to complete a 3,000-yard season despite at times not being able to reach his left shoulder with his right hand. In December 2002, three separate injuries – turf toe, strained ribs and a sore back prevented him from participating in any practice during the month, yet he led the team to a perfect 5-0 record and was named AFC Offensive Player of the Month. He garnered even more honors in 2003 after fighting right calf and left ankle injuries in the final six weeks of the regular season and in the playoffs. In February 2004, he underwent surgery to remove a cracked bone spur in his left ankle that hampered him since December 2003.

Titans' McNair Healing Ankle Sprain

Associated Press News Archive Dec. 10, 1999

http://www.apnewsarchive.com/1999/T...le-Sprain/id-27ea060a3f59918fc243e63eaa664266

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) _ Tennessee Titans quarterback Steve McNair will be wearing a boot on his left foot for at least five days to heal a sprained ankle.

But coach Jeff Fisher said Friday that he isn't close to benching McNair for backup Neil O'Donnell.

McNair also is suffering from turf toe on the same foot that was stepped on last week in a 41-14 loss at Baltimore