The 70's Were A Magic Decade

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I just remembered a couple of others while I was driving home. These might be more relatable than most of my others...

Half of a canned pear with a glob of mayo in the hole and a piece of a slice of that American processed cheese on top.

Chipped beef and gravy on toast for breakfast. You military guys know it as Shit On A Shingle. I love that Shit!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
My Mom made beef stroganoff and chicken n dumplings back then. Neither were a favorite of mine.

Back then I loved chilli and rice, rice balls with a small bite of meat in the center, fresh poke, smoked marlin, octopus (caught by me), and Li Hing Mui dried plums and shave ice.

Tang was my favorite drink. They used to advertise to us kids that the astronauts drank it in space. I loved the taste. Kool-aid was always in a pitcher in the fridge too.
Man. Never could get the whole chicken n dumplings thing. Slimy dough balls. Bleach!

But I loved me some Tang back in the day. Unfortunately, my mom didn't believe in sugary drinks so even when we had Kool aid it was sour as fuck. The 76 station next door to our house always gave out the little packets of orange and grape Kool aid and my mom would make it with half the sugar and twice the water. I only got real Kool aid when I had it at friends' houses.

My mom was a great cook but not with anything sugary.

And don't get me started on instant milk.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I just remembered a couple of others while I was driving home. These might be more relatable than most of my others...

Half of a canned pear with a glob of mayo in the hole and a piece of a slice of that American processed cheese on top.

Chipped beef and gravy on toast for breakfast. You military guys know it as Shit On A Shingle. I love that Shit!
Gross!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Not sure when it actually started but my grandmother used to make a jello salad that had sour cream and mayo mixed with Lemon jello, that canned fruit salad crap, and pecans. To this day, it is a staple at family get together s and is a standing joke for me and my brother. It is disgusting to us but it always seems SOMEONE has to make it. We always laugh and say, "oh goody. TuTu's jello salad.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Not sure when it actually started but my grandmother used to make a jello salad that had sour cream and mayo mixed with Lemon jello, that canned fruit salad crap, and pecans. To this day, it is a staple at family get together s and is a standing joke for me and my brother. It is disgusting to us but it always seems SOMEONE has to make it. We always laugh and say, "oh goody. TuTu's jello salad.

It was an Ambrosia thing. That shit was gross to me.

Sounds like your Grandmother was doing her best to improve on Ambrosia.

That's like doing your best to make chicken salad out of chicken shit.