The 2020 NFL draft, postpone or no?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Delay the draft?

• Yes, its the right thing to do

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • No, I'm stuck in the house with my wife/family and need sports of some type!!

Votes: 34 91.9%

• Total voters

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As of right now, its still on.
What say you?
I get why the execs/front office guys want the delay, little eval, minimal interviews, threat of covid19 on the player/team
But I also need to see some sort of sport...
What say you?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I say NO it won't be cancelled and it's the right thing to do! (missing option three)

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i'm curious, why would delaying the draft be the right thing to do?

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Draft could be done (if necessary) entirely by remote videoconferencing, right? Am I missing something?

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
I don't get it, having the draft will not tread on any Covid-19 issues and if you postpone you have major issues that follow just like with anything getting pushed back.

If the general managers are complaining that they don't have enough time to make selections then: "You suck at it anyway so why not try something new?"

I would love to see a round by round draft success percentage for the NFL and then compare it to this years. (why do I have a feeling it will stay the same).

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
They can work the communications. It would be a shame to postpone any sports (or music or entertainment) option which actually can still go forward without any health threat (which would be the only valid reason to cancel).

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
100% don’t cancel it. As far as we are concerned, we didn’t even have staff at some of the main drafting avenues, so we better be ready. If not, someone should be fired.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If they got most of the prep work in... they have a lot of the normal data.

So yeah, do it. Try to keep on schedule as long as you can in hope of a normal season in 2020.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It’s not about communications. There hasn’t been private workouts, face to face interviews, and there won’t be.
but more importantly, as @flv pointed out, the trajectory of the virus is still trending up. Way up. Potential draftees and team reps are still potentially in harms way of covid19.
pushing it back a month doesn’t hurt anything. Other than taking away our opportunity to have an event to watch.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It’s not about communications. There hasn’t been private workouts, face to face interviews, and there won’t be.
but more importantly, as @flv pointed out, the trajectory of the virus is still trending up. Way up. Potential draftees and team reps are still potentially in harms way of covid19.
pushing it back a month doesn’t hurt anything. Other than taking away our opportunity to have an event to watch.

they're not allowed to visit teams. they can talk to teams as many times as they want through skype, or something. not sure what everyone uses these days. there's no danger to anyone.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
they're not allowed to visit teams. they can talk to teams as many times as they want through skype, or something. not sure what everyone uses these days. there's no danger to anyone.

Right, no private team workouts.
Its not about danger to anyone, its about not being able to prepare. Its a big disadvantage to not be able to workout and interview in a face to face situation. All the teams are in the same boat of course, but the homework teams are doing regarding those top picks includes much more guess work
Good year to not have a 1st round pick, not as much of an investment

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

they have a captive audience. they're not gonna pass up that chance.

40,000 americans die every year from gun violence. no draft was ever postponed. why is this different?

as people recover from the virus they will be able to go back into the workforce without fear of catching it again.

the lockdown will start to take effect after a couple of weeks. but not in the number of deaths each day, that's probably two weeks away from peaking.