Texans cut projected FS starter Chris Clemons

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PolarBear

Rookie
Texans cut projected FS starter Chris Clemons
5383.jpg

Texans released FS Chris Clemons.

The move is a big surprise after Houston gave Clemons $450,000 guaranteed in March. As Reshad Jones will open the season on suspension for the Dolphins, Miami might want to look into bringing Clemons back. The Texans' free safety job will likely now go to Kendrick Lewis, a longtime Romeo Crennel favorite.
Source: Aaron Wilson on Twitter
Aug 31 - 4:21 PM
Could be a possible signing for better secondary depth

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Hard to believe this guy couldn't beat out Cody Davis...

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
This makes no sense. I was pounding to sign the guy for a while, and I still think he'd be worth it to bring in. Just a solid solid player overall.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Really wanted this guy as a cheap FA. Wonder what the issue is. Crennel favoring "his" player? Injury? Under preforming?

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Crennel has a habit of going after "his guys". He did that a lot in KC as well.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Looks like they are going to bring vet safety Danieal Manning back to their team. So bringing back one of their former players to replace Clemons.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Looks like they are going to bring vet safety Danieal Manning back to their team. So bringing back one of their former players to replace Clemons.

You would think they would try to keep Clemons though for good depth then and cut somebody like Shiloh Keo.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
I would want to give Chris Clemons a look. How much would it cost to give Clemons a tryout. Do we have to cut somebody.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Never understood the love for a safety that only had 4 INTs and 2 forced fumbles in 5 NFL seasons. Rams need someone that get/force some turnovers.

Alan

Legend
scifiman looking at a high probability:
And someone did it on your post too. May be just a mistake but there could be a troll.

I'd hate to jump to those conclusions. I once hit the inappropriate button by mistake myself. I didn't know I did it until it was pointed out to me by another poster. Still, it is suspicious isn't it.

Last edited:

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
I hope the Rams make some cap space. There seems to be a decent amount of talent becoming available that could help this team out.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd be all for the Rams taking a look but I'm not sure we have the cap flexibility too. Clemons is a solid football player. Not flashy but solid.

…..

Legend
Not a ballhawk, but can get to the ball and make a tackle. I'm not clamoring for the first name that comes along but I am desperately concerned about the back half of our defense.

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
I'd be all for the Rams taking a look but I'm not sure we have the cap flexibility too. Clemons is a solid football player. Not flashy but solid.

I agree. Man I never liked RC as a coach or a DC. oVERRATED,