TEs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
Probably the toughest position translate. This is a highly regarded class. I'm done with Kendricks, but aware with limited resources he'll probably be back. Regardless what TEs do you like?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Dude at VT....#7
Jake Butt
OJ Howard
Like that Everett up there/\

No chance we grab a TE....Higbee & Hemingway & Harkey for 2017

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's not a draft pick. He'd take a trade, but I really like Crockett Gillmore from Baltimore.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
My boy Fumagalli just had himself a nice Cotton Bowl, despite dropping a perfect ball for a TD, he more than made up for it later and caught 6 of 7 targets. His stat-line feels off base with how dominant he felt in that game.

Plus, there's the novelty of having a pass catcher who only has nine fingers.

Gonna be a few years though...

Last edited:

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
The kid out of Miami David Njoku declared. Guy is an absolute freak, I'd love to have him

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
He's not a draft pick. He'd take a trade, but I really like Crockett Gillmore from Baltimore.

Ive liked this guy too everytime he gets a chance to play for the Ravens. Problem is BAL is loaded with TE talent especially when Williams and Watson(if he doesnt retire) comes back. He might be gettable with a later round pick. Another guy who might be cheap is Gavin Escobar from the Cowboys who I liked coming out of college but really hasnt gotten much of a chance in DAL playing behind iron man Witten. Same thing happened to Martellus Bennett. Id be all for Gillmore though to pair with Higbee. For anyone who hasnt seen Gillmore much:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy1tyFqvUUA

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGVd8Lkqrj4

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRBnbAn8kGM

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPgdlTkQiqY

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ive liked this guy too everytime he gets a chance to play for the Ravens. Problem is BAL is loaded with TE talent especially when Williams and Watson(if he doesnt retire) comes back. He might be gettable with a later round pick. Another guy who might be cheap is Gavin Escobar from the Cowboys who I liked coming out of college but really hasnt gotten much of a chance in DAL playing behind iron man Witten. Same thing happened to Martellus Bennett. Id be all for Gillmore though to pair with Higbee.

Yep, they're loaded at TE, and Gillmore is going into his contract year. They finally got Pitta back from injury, and he caught 86 passes this year. They have Maxx Williams, who they drafted in the 2nd round the year after Gillmore, coming back from injury. It makes sense to trade Gillmore. I think he could be a steal.

He reminds me a lot of Zach Miller from Oakland (and Seattle). He's a pretty average athlete, but he's a strong, physical, big-bodied guy who catches the ball well and is an exceptional blocker. He's had some durability issues to this point, but I'd certainly take the risk on him for a late round pick.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
By the way, this guy declared for the NFL Draft:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saGiRB85Cno

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl9hcyWd5P8

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYKJp6ehwis

He played football at Texas Southern as a freshman and caught 11 TDs. He got kicked off the football team before this year for a violation of team rules as a sophomore. He was a top 5 WR in his recruiting class but couldn't academically qualify at Miami and Texas A&M. He played two years of basketball at Texas Southern and averaged around 13 points, 11 rebounds, and 2 blocks per game for his career. He grabbed 26 rebounds this year against Louisville, one of the best teams in college basketball.

From what I've seen, he's around 6'7" 240 with a massive wingspan (measured in at 6'11.5" five years ago). He definitely has some character concerns, but he's an interesting guy to keep tabs on. His name is Derrick Griffin.

P.S. Just in case y'all were wondering, the guy he caught the TD on in the Army All American Bowl is Jalen Ramsey.

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
That guy is intriguing as a late round or undrafted flier. His measurables and athleticism make him worth the risk. One of these guys will eventually be the next Antonio Gates. I like the fact he actually produced in college football (and was a blue chip recruit in highschool FB) as some of the "Next Antonio Gates" guys were just strictly basketball players with little football experience ala Fendi Onobun etc. If he blows up his combine/work out this guy could really rise up draft boards. Nice find jrry.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Higbee will be a revelation next year I think. TEs just don't start hot, too much responsibility and adjustment to the pro game. But year two look out, and we got a good one in Tyler. Kendricks is fine as a backup. For me it's a position I'd avoid for the most part barring a guy you can't pass up on falling to you in which case you take that BPA.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I still like Temarrick Hemingway as a future backup to Higbee. I'm really down on Kendricks. The drops were inexcusable.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like what we have and want to see what another year does for Higbee

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
2 of the best played last night. Didn't know Clemson's TE was that good of a receiver.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I am on the Higbee train as well, I think he can do well for us next year under competent offensive coaching.

For Hemmingway I have hope, he's got a ton of athletic ability.

I would be ok with the Rams saving $4 million (with no dead money) by cutting Lance Kendrops.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
After drafting Higbee & Hemingway last season, i'd prefer going after a young vet to replace a CAP cut Kendricks. My choice as a fairly inexpensive free agent replacement is Indy's Jack Doyle.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I do not see where a TE/H-back types would be high on the 2017 Rams needs.... This past season our OC erased Cory Harkey out of our offense. Our OC went exclusively with Kendricks & the rookie Higbee. The play of our Rams TE's in 2016 was seriously underwhelming. With 3 second yr types in Higbee, Hemmingway & Bryce Williams provides our new HC & OC with some very young talent to build on. Cory Harkey will be entering his 6th season. Lance Kendricks will be entering his 7th season. As a whole these 5 TE's should provide the new HC & OC with enough talent to utilized in 2017. Lance Kendricks might be on the chopping block in a few months but until one of the other 4 can beat Lance out I don't see it.