Terrell Lewis & A’Shawn Robinson?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
Still don’t really understand the current situation with LB Terrell Lewis & DL A’Shawn Robinson. My understanding (What very little there is of that!) is that they will be able to added to the Rams active Roster in a few weeks or so??? But, Can anyone please tell me exactly why (Injury, Corona Virus, Personal Reasons, etc) they are not available right now and is there a pretty good chance that they WILL be ready to play and contribute in a few weeks or do you think it will be much longer before they actually come back? I really think the Rams Defense could definitely use both these players so my fingers are crossed that they will both make it back sometime this season!!!

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Both are injuries that pre-dated their time with the Rams and which came to light during medical exams done by the Rams physicians.

Robinson has a heart issue that they are working through. It apparently can be controlled with medication. He was placed on the IR designation which means he can return to the team after 6 weeks, but cant play until after 8 games.

Lewis they found some evidence of some sort of infection in his knee which they think is related to an old surgery. He was placed on the IR designation which would return him after just 3 games.

The rams haven't been particularly forthcoming about either. My info comes mostly from Jourdan Rodrigue on twitter and at the Athletic. Hope this helps.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Both are injuries that pre-dated their time with the Rams and which came to light during medical exams done by the Rams physicians.

Robinson has a heart issue that they are working through. It apparently can be controlled with medication. He was placed on the IR designation which means he can return to the team after 6 weeks, but cant play until after 8 games.

Lewis they found some evidence of some sort of infection in his knee which they think is related to an old surgery. He was placed on the IR designation which would return him after just 3 games.

The rams haven't been particularly forthcoming about either. My info comes mostly from Jourdan Rodrigue on twitter and at the Athletic. Hope this helps.

That is a Huge Help! Thanks for the Information!

Psycho_X

Legend
Robinson was due to him being worried about covid due to his heart issue. There isn’t anything actually keeping him from playing if he wants but instead of opting out for whole season the Rams redid contract to benefit him and allow him to come back at half way point if he decides the risk is worth it.

Lewis they were afraid he might have an infection but he did not which was good news. But he had lost some muscle mass due to atrophy from a cleanup procedure he had done on knee recently. So they wanted to do some rehab on it to get it back to where they think it should be at. They were hopeful he’d be back sooner than later but depends on rehab.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam

Sounds like the Rams & A’Shawn Robinson’s Agents came up with a very good plan for both parties! Just one very stupid question! Is the NFL OK with this deal or will they come back and accuse the Rams of trying to go around the rules? If my memory (Which, IS Terrible!) serves me correctly, the NFL is not always kind to the Rams!

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Sounds like the Rams & A’Shawn Robinson’s Agents came up with a very good plan for both parties! Just one very stupid question! Is the NFL OK with this deal or will they come back and accuse the Rams of trying to go around the rules? If my memory (Which, IS Terrible!) serves me correctly, the NFL is not always kind to the Rams!
They can't do shit because if ARobs heart condition. I think we're good.... I just wonder if ARob actually wants to play this year or wanted the extra 150k to think about it.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
They can't do shit because if ARobs heart condition. I think we're good.... I just wonder if ARob actually wants to play this year or wanted the extra 150k to think about it.

Well, I certainly hope he can and will play this season! He would be a HUGE (Literally!) to the Rams Defense especially against the run!!!

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
So after 8 weeks Robinson will have a great idea if convid-19 will be a real factor and if his comfort level is ok he will return. This deal is great for both parties. And I'm sure the NFL has signed off on this new deal.

oldnotdead

Legend
I still expect there could be a big roster turnover during the bye week. I would have reservations about Robinson's return this year. If he does he will be only a part-time player as I doubt he will be football shape. Why risk it unless the team is looking like a true SB contender which is why he left the door open.

His loss is a big one for the d-line as it puts them right back where they were in 2019. We have now seen more than a year of the swinging door. Isn't that enough? Do these coaches look at game film? Gaines is looking more and more like a 3T. It would be interesting if Staley went to using a double 3T alignment with Kiser and another ILB like Reeder over the A gaps. More conventionally Staley should play Gaines as a 1T with Kiser over the opposite A gap. Gaines gets better penetration than Sebas which could open the door for a blitz by Kiser. A double A gap threat would potentially stop that inside run game and really pressure the QB with AD wrecking havoc from his 3T position. Right now the OG blows Sebas off the LOS with the C taking out Kiser.

The Ram's depth chart doesn't reflect reality. Young played well and got 53% of the D snaps, as he was as usual pulled to bring in the nickel DB. This was my expectation prior to the season. I see Reeder as a place holder for either Moncrief or Rozboom until the bye week. I also see Hoecht and Williams as possible bye week active roster signings. A lot of the guys on this active roster won't be on the team in 2021 and I see that change over starting at the bye week. IMO they are using these 8 weeks as the OTA's and TC the rookies and new players didn't get this year. A lot of these PS guys IMO will be expected to fill those roster vacancies next year and as possibly as early as this year.

Hill's poor play last week simply doesn't justify his cap number. His limitations were exposed against the Boys good WRs. He has a minimal dead cap and his release will clear over $3M in space. If they play him again this week, he needs to finally step up. Staley has Long and Burgess who can also play CB, both with the speed lacking in Hill.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Well, I certainly hope he can and will play this season! He would be a HUGE (Literally!) to the Rams Defense especially against the run!!!

Yeah, I saw the Cowboys get a lot of traction running up the gut of the Rams defense last Sunday. I thought that if they had continued to pound Zek they could have taken over the game in the last quarter. Instead, they took on our secondary & lost it. Not smart IMO. I still see Sebastian Joseph-Day getting moved out of position too much on run downs & also saw the Cowboys running through the AD vacated DL hole.

Sounds like the Rams & A’Shawn Robinson’s Agent came up with a very good plan for both parties! Just one very stupid question! Is the NFL OK with this deal or will they come back and accuse the Rams of trying to go around the rules? If my memory (Which, IS Terrible!) serves me correctly, the NFL is not always kind to the Rams!
I like the Robinson new contract myself. NT Robinson was originally signed for the 2020/2021 seasons. Now he is under contract until 2023 as a UFA, same as Brockers who will have 12 seasons on his body.

If the Rams can find some luck & Robinson gets the Okay by the bye this DL end up being a serious force going into the playoffs. Of course, if the DL can remain healthy. Brockers have a history of being banged up @ the end of the seasons. I saw where 5 tech Copeland finally got some snaps with the defense for the first time too. I also think that Copeland can be a good back up as a run stopper.

I would think that Robinson, Fox & Brockers could really work over that 5 tech post giving Brockers more rest to ensure his health. Robinson joining in with SJ-D & Gaines @ NT would also provide some heft.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well with Ashawn you can't bat a thousand when you sign FAs. I don't expect him to do shit for us tbh, have for the most part written him off so if he does anything at all it will be a pleasant surprise.

With Lewis all I can say is it's not a surprise. And that pick reminded me a lot of a Jeff Fisher type selection. Big, physical freak athlete with insane upside who couldn't stay on the field and whose film was hit and miss too. Fish would have been real happy with that selection.

The strength of our defense is the back end IMO. And that's a good thing. Being able to limit passing game will for the most part keep scoring down.

Schematically I like what Staley was doing in game one. He's going to be a real nice addition to McVay but just like with Wade he's not ideally set up with the right pieces. He's going to need more talent at LB to get there to my eye at least.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm still unclear on Robinson tbh. Rams mentioned something a week or two back that made me think he wanted to opt out of the season due to COVID but they went this route so he'd get more money. But it's possible I misread that, and the Rams are not exactly clear on player statuses. They've gone full Belichick on that front lol.

Ram65

Legend
I thought the Rams found a heart condition when they did the camp physical on Robinson. It had was never reported that it had anything to do with Covid. Robinson was thinking of using the Covid rule to opt-out of the season. Instead, the Rams and Robinson's agent agreed on a lesser salary and still have the ability to come back after being placed on IR. If Robinson was afraid of getting Covid he wouldn't be at camp and meetings. What ever the heart condition is I guess they think there is a chance he could get it under control in the time limit to become actived from the IR lsit. As far as I know Robinson is now on a three year deal.

There still is a chance for Robisnon to come back this year.