Tennessee A Mess!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
A very passionate fan base that is now running amok, I can't imagine who would take the job, but it was not fair bringing up the Penn State garbage on Greg Schiano, they just did not want him because he was a defensive coach and this fan base is dilusional. Hopefully they can find somebody to turn around this mess, but the fans need to understand just who they are right now...BTW they get all high & mighty with the thought of hiring Schiano, but I'm willing to bet the house, they would welcome Bobby Petrino with open arms.

Sources: Tennessee backs out of Greg Schiano hiring after campus protests

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...nteers-no-longer-hire-greg-schiano-head-coach

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Those Vols fans are idiots. They convinced themselves that they were going to pull one of Gruden (some claimed Chris Petersen), and then they threw a temper tantrum when reality set in. This isn't about Penn State. This is about their delusions of grandeur. They think they're a blue blood who deserve the best coach available. In reality, nobody good wants to coach there because the program is a mess and the fans are batshit insane.

The Gators have some crappy fans, but the Vols make us look like sane people.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Gators have some crappy fans, but the Vols make us look like sane people.

Been to Tennessee many times and have taken in several Volunteer games...WOW! It's just a different world. Not sure what direction they go in now...I was reading that Gruden stuff and even tried to pipe in on some of their sites and twitter with the attempt of letting them know Gruden was not leaving for like the 7th best job in the SEC and was lucky to survive the onslaught.

IMO, Neal Brown of Troy would be the right man for the job here, it's a major step up for Brown and I like his makeup and the Vols fans will be fine with an offensive coach on the rise, that beat more high profile SEC teams then their last Head Coach.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
So glad that Mizzou has a good coach in Odom. Tennessee fans are nuts. Only bad thing I can think about with Schiano is his disaster at the NFL level, but he's a very good college coach.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I don’t understand how they convinced themselves they would get Gruden on board. He has turned down much better coaching offers to stay in the booth. I would say had a less than 1% chance of making that happen.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
FWIW's it appears that the Volunteers are going to focus on one of their own in Tee Martin current Offensive Coordinator of USC, who does not call the plays as an OC and has never been a Head Coach...

Duke Head Coach and former Tennessee assistant David Cutcliffe turned them down too, Matt Campbell was also extended by Iowa State (Great Move by the Cyclones) so again it appears with everyone seeing how dysfunctional things are, they are staying away.

On Tee Martin although a great story, this could end up just like Jon Embree (former Ram) did at Colorado and Embree had far more coaching experience then Martin. Not even sure what type of staff Martin could put together, but within 3 years I expect Tennessee will have a new athletic director and most likely a whole new administration, that will instruct their fan base, "We will pick the next Head Football Coach."

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They ought to throw $$ at Mike Leach. He's done all he can do with Wash state and has the ego to deal with Rocky Top.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
They ought to throw $$ at Mike Leach. He's done all he can do with Wash state and has the ego to deal with Rocky Top.

They have to be very careful with the next hire because of going after Schiano with the Character Assignations...I do agree Leach would be a good fit, but when it's all said and done, if not Jeff Brohm from Purdue, who IMO, would be an excellent hire, I believe it will one of their own in Tee Martin, which will check all the boxes for Volunteer fans until things go South.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I can't imagine who would take the job, but it was not fair bringing up the Penn State garbage on Greg Schiano
Not so sure den.....I mean....it wasn't proven, but if he was watching some of those things happen...that's kinda sick...

My mama was born in Nashville, Tenn. but raised in Mobile, Ala......Always loved the colors....Tenn....like the players....never understood how that RB wasn't drafted....really liked their DE...the one at....is that Philly? Liked their DB's....

Plenty of good young coaches around....just as good, if not better than Schiano...I'd go look in FCS...

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not so sure den.....I mean....it wasn't proven, but if he was watching some of those things happen...that's kinda sick...
That's what makes this whole thing so disgusting.
He wasnt implicated, mentioned or even interviewed during the whole investigation. The fact his name is being attached to this now is deplorable.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They have to be very careful with the next hire because of going after Schiano with the Character Assignations...I do agree Leach would be a good fit, but when it's all said and done, if not Jeff Brohm from Purdue, who IMO, would be an excellent hire, I believe it will one of their own in Tee Martin, which will check all the boxes for Volunteer fans until things go South.
I am so disgusted at what they did to Schiano I hope that whoever coaches that team, never wins a game

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
This just keeps getting better & better, John Currie Tennessee's Athletic Director had negotiated a contract with Purdue Head Coach Jeff Brohm, which would have been a great rebound IMO, however, when Tennessee's Chancellor reviewed the contract, she amended the deal for less, in which, Brohm graciously rejected and stayed on at Purdue. That report has been denied, but was reported first by Clay Travis on Out kick the coverage on Fox and Travis is an alum of Tennessee.

You can't make this stuff up, now the Volunteers turned their attention to NC State HC Dave Doeren who's career record at NC State is 33-30. NC State has come back with an extension and Doeren is deciding today on which offer to accept...Outrageous! It would be hilarious if Doeren stayed in Raleigh and the Volunteers were left high & dry again.

That would round up the week of backing out on Schiano and damaging his reputation, then Mike Gundy flirting with the Volunteers once again, only to turn them down for the second time...Then the Brohm debacle if a contract was actually agreed to or not and now Doeren who is vacillating on whether to stay or go, however, his record at NC State is 33-30 whereas they scoffed at Schiano's success at Rutgers, who had not seen a bowl game since 1980 before Schiano took them to several during his tenure because at Rutgers Schiano was 68-67.

Just amazing as I guess I'm just caught up in this because I cannot believe how humorous it has become. I don't like what they did to Schiano and maybe he would have not been a good hire, but they now appear to be running in all directions without a Head Coach. If Doeren does turn them down, they will have no recourse, but to hire Tee Martin and hope the former QB can breathe some life back into the program.

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
. If Doeren does turn them down, they will have no recourse, but to hire Tee Martin and hope the former QB can breathe some life back into the program.
If Tee Martin would then turn them down, it would be the greatest thing ever.
Wish they would call Brian Kelly and "steal" him away from Notre Dame....

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
If Tee Martin would then turn them down, it would be the greatest thing ever.
Wish they would call Brian Kelly and "steal" him away from Notre Dame....

I think you're a tad hard on Kelly, let's not forget how bad Notre Dame was before he got there, in which, the Irish had fired Tyronne Willingham and hired Charlie Weis, then after a 6-2 start gave Weis a 10 year extension, only to fire Weis a couple of years later. BTW the Irish just finished off paying Weis's buyout in 2016.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think you're a tad hard on Kelly, let's not forget how bad Notre Dame was before he got there, in which, the Irish had fired Tyronne Willingham and hired Charlie Weis, then after a 6-2 start gave Weis a 10 year extension, only to fire Weis a couple of years later. BTW the Irish just finished off paying Weis's buyout in 2016.
Cant stand Kelly and had they not fired Ty, they wouldnt have hit rock bottom....
Got what they deserved though. They fired Ty so they could chase Urban Meyer. Ty had the program headed in the right direction and deserved better!
Kelly is what he is. Will beat up on the lesser programs but cant handle big, strong teams. 8 years of undisciplined offensive football. They will never win big while he's there. Never

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
They will never win big while he's there. Never

Well, in fairness he did guide them to a National Championship Game and that was more than others.....Maybe they will hire Jeff Brohm in a couple of years or maybe if Texas A&M hires Jimbo Fisher, the Seminoles hire Kelly and then you will get your wish.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Tee Martin will be the Next Head Football Coach at the University of Tennessee or maybe he becomes "Coach in Waiting" under 67 year old Phillip Fulmer as the Volunteers go Back to the Future.
tee-martin.jpg

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, in fairness he did guide them to a National Championship Game and that was more than others.....Maybe they will hire Jeff Brohm in a couple of years or maybe if Texas A&M hires Jimbo Fisher, the Seminoles hire Kelly and then you will get your wish.
That team was a joke though. Love my Irish but they should have lost 2-3 games but got bailed out by bad calls. And then Alabama blew their doors off.
I don’t think Kelly leaves unless he gets a pro gig