Teddy Bridgewater has gotten glowing reports from OTAs/Jets open to trading him

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
To me this is just too much hype for Teddy. Great, he had a good first week, great, he is physically sound now, maybe. My problem is that Teddy should look better than Darnold at this point, for sure, and McCown has been a career backup for a reason. Teddy is not going to get a legit chance to be a starter in NJ. If he continues to look real good, then the hype train will work, they can trade him to a team that suffers a devastating loss.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...-teddy-bridgewater-trade-20180808-story.html#

Jets open to trading Teddy Bridgewater for right price
By MANISH MEHTA

Teddy Bridgewater’s audition for prospective employers will begin in earnest in the Jets preseason opener Friday night, prompting inquiring minds to wonder whether it’s only a matter of time before the former first-round pick is traded.

The Jets don’t quite have an embarrassment of riches at the game’s most pivotal position, but they do have flexibility thanks to Bridgewater, who has designs on being an NFL starter after a grievous knee injury two summers ago nearly derailed his promising career.

There’s no real trade market for Bridgewater, who will get a heavy workload in the preseason opener against the Falcons on Friday, until he proves to teams that his surgically repaired knee can hold up to contact. Although he has shown no ill effects in practices from an injury that sidelined him for all but nine snaps in the past two seasons, the red no-contact jersey comes off Friday night.

There are too many variables to definitively know Bridgewater’s immediate future, but the Jets are amenable to moving the former Vikings quarterback in the right circumstance, according to sources.

The team will weigh the benefits of keeping a one-year rental versus acquiring an asset that could help them in the future (draft pick) or right now (player).

The Jets agreed to terms one one-year deals with Josh McCown and Teddy Bridgewater this offseason, but the 25-year-old Bridgewater potentially holds real trade value over the 17-year-old veteran.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Teddy's knee holds up, somebody will get themselves a good QB. The Jets should wait and see if a starting QB goes down in the preseason.

fearsomefour

Legend
If Teddy's knee holds up, somebody will get themselves a good QB. The Jets should wait and see if a starting QB goes down in the preseason.
He was a good solid B- to B QB before he went down.
I wanted the Rams to draft him when he came out.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He was a good solid B- to B QB before he went down.
I wanted the Rams to draft him when he came out.

Yea, and he was only 2 years into his career. I think he could be a B+/A- QB. I look at a team like Miami and wonder why you wouldn't bring him in to compete with Tannehill.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yea, and he was only 2 years into his career. I think he could be a B+/A- QB. I look at a team like Miami and wonder why you wouldn't bring him in to compete with Tannehill.
Well, if you like to live dangerously by depending on a brittle QB, Teddy Bridgewater is your man (as a starter). He might be really good for a year or two, or he might go down for year walking across the field in pre-season. I'd take him over Mannion as our back up, in a heartbeat.....

fearsomefour

Legend
What when they could sign a guy like Cutler?
Anyway, Teddy was one of those guys that only sort of looked the part athletically, didn't have the cleanest motion or anything....but the ball jumped out of his hand. Threw a beautiful, effortless looking pass.
Hopefully he stays healthy.

…..

Legend
Because in Miami....ever since Chad Pennington, Matt Moore, and Chad Henne, that's where prospective great QB's go to be mediocre.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, if you like to live dangerously by depending on a brittle QB, Teddy Bridgewater is your man (as a starter). He might be really good for a year or two, or he might go down for year walking across the field in pre-season. I'd take him over Mannion as our back up, in a heartbeat.....

Matt Stafford was once a "brittle QB." Bridgewater stayed relatively healthy in college and through his first two years in the NFL. He suffered an incredible severe injury under fluky circumstances.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Matt Stafford was once a "brittle QB." Bridgewater stayed relatively healthy in college and through his first two years in the NFL. He suffered an incredible severe injury under fluky circumstances.
He hasn't proven himself yet (Bridgewater), and new QB's are coming every year.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
If a starter goes down and that team is either thin at back up or just doesn't have confidence over an extended period then TB has a chance to be traded. I don't see any amount of hype helping Teddy get a trade before a team has a key injury. GM's aren't that gullible....are they! "see the browns"

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He hasn't proven himself yet (Bridgewater), and new QB's are coming every year.

New QBs are busting every year. I'm very happy we have Goff, but if I were a QB needy team, I'd be after Bridgewater once I confirmed that he could play.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
Well, I watched him play a lot in Minnesota and I am not impressed. Neither are my in-laws who are Vikings fans. Too many check downs, holds the ball too long at times, not as elusive as you think he could be. My wife is also trying to sell a used mattress, good luck to both her and the Jets.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Hopefully he's traded to one of our Divisional opponents. He was an exciting college QB, but he's fools gold on the NFL football field.

Maybe the Arizona deadbirds will reach for him around week 2... God knows they'll be in need of some warm bodies in the QB room by then.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, I watched him play a lot in Minnesota and I am not impressed. Neither are my in-laws who are Vikings fans. Too many check downs, holds the ball too long at times, not as elusive as you think he could be. My wife is also trying to sell a used mattress, good luck to both her and the Jets.

Look at what McVay did for Goff. Teddy is a E-P or WCO QB. Instead, he was stuck playing in Norv's vertically oriented Air Coryell system. Teddy was a cerebral QB with great accuracy in the short to intermediate range who had some arm strength limitations. The fact that he played solid football as a first and second year QB in a ill-fitting system speaks volumes about him.

IMO, if he can stay healthy, he has the ability to be a QB comparable to Alex Smith, maybe more. Drew Brees had many of the same limitations and a worse start to his career. However, the reality of Teddy's injury is that he may never be the same QB again. He may never stay on the field for an extended period of time. Still, I'm excited to see him play this year because he's a tremendous person.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I never thought Bridgewater had the arm or physique to compete in the NFL. Weak arms are behind the 8ball when it comes to matching firepower.

@jrry32 saying he could be an Alex Smith is an insult. Alex was throwing the deep ball last year. PFF rated him the best deep ball passer in 2017. Teddy can only dream about having the arm strength and deep accuracy Smith displayed.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I never thought Bridgewater had the arm or physique to compete in the NFL. Weak arms are behind the 8ball when it comes to matching firepower.

@jrry32 saying he could be an Alex Smith is an insult. Alex was throwing the deep ball last year. PFF rated him the best deep ball passer in 2017. Teddy can only dream about having the arm strength and deep accuracy Smith displayed.

Alex has always had a weak arm. One year doesn't erase a career of cautious play. Tyreke Hill was also a big reason why his deep ball was so effective. And let's not forget that basically the entire sporting world had written Alex Smith off prior to Harbaugh. Simply put, I think you are dead wrong.

In fact, Andy Reid drafted Mahomes because he was tired of Alex's limitations and cautious play.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Teddy's back!

I really hope that kid gets a chance to start somewhere.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Teddy's back!

I really hope that kid gets a chance to start somewhere.

I just watched him play. He looks good! I hate to say it, but RG3 looked good in both games too. They both look like, at least, competent backups, to potential, decent starters