Tavon Austin

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Also, that play where Clemens overthrew him, Austin was ridiculously quick getting away from the attempted press coverage, the CB never even got his hands on him. Watching T.Y. Hilton on Sunday, Austin definitely has the potential to be that kind of receiver. Trying to force him into the Amendola/Welker role is a mistake when he has the speed to get downfield that those guys could only dream of.

Agreed. Austin can play anywhere in the formation. I wish they wouldn't pigeonhole him to the slot. IMO, he's playing better than Chris Givens.

And yea, I noticed that too. He burnt McCourty on that play. McCourty is a good CB. Another play when the CB tried to press Austin and Austin turned him around with his quickness.

Something else I've noticed, Austin is using subtle fakes and route stems to bait CBs into opening their hips up the wrong way before making his breaks. That's advanced route running. It's quite rare to see a rookie have the sort of grasp and ability as a route runner to be able to do that. That's what "savvy" veterans do.

I'll continue to stand by this pick. On film, Austin's game looks great. It's going to translate to stats eventually. This kid is going to be a seriously good player if he's given the chance.