Tank Younger

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I have a vague memory of a book I read in grade school, 1965ish, that included this Rams great with two or three other players.

I think Doak Walker was one of the other players.

Anyone have a lead on how to find it? Internet searches haven’t been helpful.

nighttrain

Legend
I have a vague memory of a book I read in grade school, 1965ish, that included this Rams great with two or three other players.

I think Doak Walker was one of the other players.

Anyone have a lead on how to find it? Internet searches haven’t been helpful.
from wiki
Rams+Bull Elephant Backfield
The "Bull Elephant" backfield were the American football running backs of the 1950s Los Angeles Rams. The Three Running Backs consisted of Dick Hoerner, Paul "Tank" Younger and "Deacon" Dan Towler. This line helped name the 1951 Rams as the fourth best offense in the history of the NFL and the number one best offense in the history of the NFL for the 1950 Rams by Sports Central.[1]

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

551staaa

Unsubstantiated Reality
You may be thinking of a book titled "Great Teams of the NFL". One of the chapters was on the 1951 Los Angeles Rams.

551staaa

Unsubstantiated Reality
Correction, it was "Championship Teams of the NFL". I found a copy listed on eBay.
51n+OuFj6ZL.jpg