Suuuhhhhh

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

bonehead.

keeps showing why the rams made the right choice with bradford.

how can the dirtiest player in the league help a struggling team? won't be much help sitting on the couch.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Clearly they made the right choice. The guy's useless.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3CG9OVO1ng[/youtube]

bluecoconuts

Legend
Did you hear his explanation?

"And as I'm getting up I'm getting pushed, so I'm getting myself on balance and getting out of the situation. With that a lot of people are going to interpret that as.. Or create their own story lines for seeing what they want to interpret but I know what I did and the man upstairs knows what I did."

At least be a fucking man and admit you got carried away and did something stupid.

Sounds like a lot of talking heads are getting pissed about that as well, they said 2 games minimum and it should be more because he has a history, and Albert Haynesworth got 5 before he had a history, Bill Cowher said that he should be sat no matter what the league does because he's a poor reflection on Detroit and that he shouldn't be playing.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
bluecoconuts said:
Did you hear his explanation?

"And as I'm getting up I'm getting pushed, so I'm getting myself on balance and getting out of the situation. With that a lot of people are going to interpret that as.. Or create their own story lines for seeing what they want to interpret but I know what I did and the man upstairs knows what I did."

At least be a fucking man and admit you got carried away and did something stupid.
LOL. He knows these things are televised and recorded, right?

uhhhh...... right? :?!:

classicpony

Starter
Name
Jim
HE'zzzzzzz OUT OF HERE!!!!! Now the NFL need to grow some BIG HOCKEY PUCKS and finish his season for him.

D Suezzy is out of control, angry management classes for YEARS! Is what he could use. :nono:

steferfootball

Starter
The headslam should be suspension worthy. Not to mention the stomp.

Suh is overrated anyways. Now we just have some more visual evidence to see that he is dirty.

kurtfaulk said:

bonehead.

how can the dirtiest player in the league help a struggling team? won't be much help sitting on the couch.

I can see it now, Suh's behavior is Sam's fault. In college, Suh had to live with the realization that until Sam went down to injury, his team couldn't beat the Sooners. Sam was taken first in the draft while he was relegated to second. Sam's NFL contract was bigger even though he had no hesitation in stating he wanted more money than Sam was getting. At this point he is just another frustrated (however good) player. Then, on a Sunday in October of 2010, the Lions beat the Rams. But, more importantly, Suh's turning point as he finally "bests" Sam. He intercepts Sam's pass which ultimately leads to his grandiose conclusion that God has finally annointed him the greatest NFL player ever and beyond further reproach for any and all actions. Yep, totally Sam's fault.

Go Sam!!! Go Rams!!!

Anonymous

slinginsamfan said:
kurtfaulk said:

bonehead.

I can see it now, Suh's behavior is Sam's fault. In college, Suh had to live with the realization that until Sam went down to injury, his team couldn't beat the Sooners. Sam was taken first in the draft while he was relegated to second. Sam's NFL contract was bigger even though he had no hesitation in stating he wanted more money than Sam was getting. At this point he is just another frustrated (however good) player. Then, on a Sunday in October of 2010, the Lions beat the Rams. But, more importantly, Suh's turning point as he finally "bests" Sam. He intercepts Sam's pass which ultimately leads to his grandiose conclusion that God has finally annointed him the greatest NFL player ever and beyond further reproach for any and all actions. Yep, totally Sam's fault.

Go Sam!!! Go Rams!!!

I can't see what you see. But I can see that drafting a QB #1 OVERALL that you cannot protect isn't a good thing.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
squeaky wheel said:
I can't see what you see. But I can see that drafting a QB #1 OVERALL that you cannot protect isn't a good thing.
:slap!: Are you EVER going to acknowledge that he was protected last year?

Anonymous

X said:
squeaky wheel said:
:slap!: Are you EVER going to acknowledge that he was protected last year?

Hell no not to the extent YOU believe he was protected. Even with a dink and dunk offense to HELP HIS O-line he was driven out of the pocket , hurried and hit far too much. His legs saved him last season as well Shurmur having him roll out since he RARELY had enough time to go through his reads to throw. That's where Amendola came in too....as in running back to the LOS to allow SB to dump off. You act like the O line last year gave other teams fits. It didn't. This O line was never built around an anchor. It was always hope and second tier FA signings. Only decent prospect I've seen is Saffold and he's nowhere near pro bowl caliber. Perhaps some day but next year......we can hope.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
squeaky wheel said:
You act like the O line last year gave other teams fits. It didn't.
LOL. I do, huh? Amazing that you have the ability to take a simple statement (they protected him last year) and make it something else (last year the O-line gave other teams fits). Stick to the plan, Stan.

Bradford's sack percentage last year: 5.45%.

Amount of teams with a worse sack percentage in 2010: TWENTY.

The bottom line is, the Rams didn't draft Bradford with a sieve of an offense line in place. That just didn't happen, no matter how many times you claim it did. They put a lot of resources into that line TO protect him. A lot of those sacks last year were on Bradford, by the way. Know what though? EVERY rookie quarterback is responsible for his own sacks. Happens all the time. You don't have to take my word for it though. Bradford said it himself.

I don't remember you saying last year, that the Rams weren't protecting Bradford. You were complaining about the dink and dunk that WAS protecting him. So were a lot of people. Well, now we know that it wasn't a bad strategy considering we had virtually no wide-outs. Roll-outs were by design. Utilizing his strengths. That is SO not masking a deficiency on the line when it happens. That's an OC giving his QB half the field to survey, and limiting his reads while giving both him and the receiver time to connect.

THIS year, the offensive coordinator escapes criticism because he's the antithesis of dink and dunk. Why is that? And why is Bradford already at his previous year's sack totals with 6 games remaining? Here's a hint. Last year the offensive line, as a group, played 15 of 16 games together. This year? Not even close. Last year the offensive strategy was in place for 2 years and players were familiar with it. This year? Not even close. So, just skip last year and say the draft strategy was wrong. Because, ya know, that makes more sense.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Suh went too far. Bradford hasn't gone far enough. :boohoo:

Anonymous

X said:
squeaky wheel said:
You act like the O line last year gave other teams fits. It didn't.
LOL. I do, huh? Amazing that you have the ability to take a simple statement (they protected him last year) and make it something else (last year the O-line gave other teams fits). Stick to the plan, Stan.

Bradford's sack percentage last year: 5.45%.

Amount of teams with a worse sack percentage in 2010: TWENTY.

The bottom line is, the Rams didn't draft Bradford with a sieve of an offense line in place. That just didn't happen, no matter how many times you claim it did. They put a lot of resources into that line TO protect him. A lot of those sacks last year were on Bradford, by the way. Know what though? EVERY rookie quarterback is responsible for his own sacks. Happens all the time. You don't have to take my word for it though. Bradford said it himself.

I don't remember you saying last year, that the Rams weren't protecting Bradford. You were complaining about the dink and dunk that WAS protecting him. So were a lot of people. Well, now we know that it wasn't a bad strategy considering we had virtually no wide-outs. Roll-outs were by design. Utilizing his strengths. That is SO not masking a deficiency on the line when it happens. That's an OC giving his QB half the field to survey, and limiting his reads while giving both him and the receiver time to connect.

THIS year, the offensive coordinator escapes criticism because he's the antithesis of dink and dunk. Why is that? And why is Bradford already at his previous year's sack totals with 6 games remaining? Here's a hint. Last year the offensive line, as a group, played 15 of 16 games together. This year? Not even close. Last year the offensive strategy was in place for 2 years and players were familiar with it. This year? Not even close. So, just skip last year and say the draft strategy was wrong. Because, ya know, that makes more sense.

And you interject sack percentage as if it answers QB protection.....which it doesn't. Odd you won't address hits and and hurries with your stats! I have no problem blaming McD for a good amount of abuse SB has been subjected to as I never was in favor of McD in the first place. I thought the Rams shouldn't have allowed Shurmur to leave (I know unlikely since promotion) or have gotten a rock solid commitment from him NOT TO LEAVE for at least 2 years....or at a minimum get some freaking compensation of some kind (which wouldn't be enough!). Plus McD is hired as this genius that this Rams team embarrassed on the road last season! Shit even Martz simplified the offense for a rookie Bulger with a turnstile at RT!

Oh and all your reasons given for this years abysmal play at QB.....goes for Bulger at the end too. Notice how SB locks onto the receiver seemingly not even trying to go through his reads. He's flat out missing open WRs now. Look at him leaving the field after the foregone conclusion of another 3 and out. This keeps up and he's Bulger in the making. A unbelievably expensive (1st pick OVERALL) Bulger. A loss this team can't afford. Although 4 years into the process we finally get a bonafide #1 WR! :boing:

bluecoconuts

Legend
squeaky wheel said:
And you interject sack percentage as if it answers QB protection.....which it doesn't. Odd you won't address hits and and hurries with your stats! I have no problem blaming McD for a good amount of abuse SB has been subjected to as I never was in favor of McD in the first place. I thought the Rams shouldn't have allowed Shurmur to leave (I know unlikely since promotion) or have gotten a rock solid commitment from him NOT TO LEAVE for at least 2 years....or at a minimum get some freaking compensation of some kind (which wouldn't be enough!). Plus McD is hired as this genius that this Rams team embarrassed on the road last season! Shit even Martz simplified the offense for a rookie Bulger with a turnstile at RT!

Oh and all your reasons given for this years abysmal play at QB.....goes for Bulger at the end too. Notice how SB locks onto the receiver seemingly not even trying to go through his reads. He's flat out missing open WRs now. Look at him leaving the field after the foregone conclusion of another 3 and out. This keeps up and he's Bulger in the making. A unbelievably expensive (1st pick OVERALL) Bulger. A loss this team can't afford. Although 4 years into the process we finally get a bonafide #1 WR! :boing:

How are the Rams supposed to make Shurmur stay? He was offered a promotion, you can't expect him not to take that, who does that?

Also, Bulger was drafted in 2000, he sat on the bench for 2 years before making his first start. He was sacked 12 times in 7 games in 2002, and he was in an offense he had several years to learn, you can't really compare them in terms of knowing the offense for being comfortable. Even the talent around Bulger at that time was far superior, in terms of WR and RB.

Anonymous

bluecoconuts said:
squeaky wheel said:
And you interject sack percentage as if it answers QB protection.....which it doesn't. Odd you won't address hits and and hurries with your stats! I have no problem blaming McD for a good amount of abuse SB has been subjected to as I never was in favor of McD in the first place. I thought the Rams shouldn't have allowed Shurmur to leave (I know unlikely since promotion) or have gotten a rock solid commitment from him NOT TO LEAVE for at least 2 years....or at a minimum get some freaking compensation of some kind (which wouldn't be enough!). Plus McD is hired as this genius that this Rams team embarrassed on the road last season! shyte even Martz simplified the offense for a rookie Bulger with a turnstile at RT!

How are the Rams supposed to make Shurmur stay? He was offered a promotion, you can't expect him not to take that, who does that?

Also, Bulger was drafted in 2000, he sat on the bench for 2 years before making his first start. He was sacked 12 times in 7 games in 2002, and he was in an offense he had several years to learn, you can't really compare them in terms of knowing the offense for being comfortable. Even the talent around Bulger at that time was far superior, in terms of WR and RB.

Well it's called a CONTRACT. Plus I alluded the same in my post about promotion so I don't get your response. So be it.

Everything you said about Bulger is true.....but none of it addresses my post. I'm not calling SB Bulger. I say the same conditions exist NOW and SB is taking on some of the same bad habits Bulger was criticized for at the end. SB looked quite comfortable in Shurmur's offense and was progressing until the final few games last season. Then the OC is replaced with little time to prepare for a much more complicated offense. Like I said Martz SIMPLIFIED things for Bulger at first. Martz of all people....now this McD won't do likewise for SB with a considerably degraded offense and new offensive scheme?

bluecoconuts

Legend
squeaky wheel said:
bluecoconuts said:
squeaky wheel said:
And you interject sack percentage as if it answers QB protection.....which it doesn't. Odd you won't address hits and and hurries with your stats! I have no problem blaming McD for a good amount of abuse SB has been subjected to as I never was in favor of McD in the first place. I thought the Rams shouldn't have allowed Shurmur to leave (I know unlikely since promotion) or have gotten a rock solid commitment from him NOT TO LEAVE for at least 2 years....or at a minimum get some freaking compensation of some kind (which wouldn't be enough!). Plus McD is hired as this genius that this Rams team embarrassed on the road last season! shyte even Martz simplified the offense for a rookie Bulger with a turnstile at RT!

Well it's called a CONTRACT. Plus I alluded the same in my post about promotion so I don't get your response. So be it.

Everything you said about Bulger is true.....but none of it addresses my post. I'm not calling SB Bulger. I say the same conditions exist NOW and SB is taking on some of the same bad habits Bulger was criticized for at the end. SB looked quite comfortable in Shurmur's offense and was progressing until the final few games last season. Then the OC is replaced with little time to prepare for a much more complicated offense. Like I said Martz SIMPLIFIED things for Bulger at first. Martz of all people....now this McD won't do likewise for SB with a considerably degraded offense and new offensive scheme?

His contract was for two years, it was up and they would have had to resign him to a new contract but as soon as the season ended Cleveland came calling for him, it's not like the Rams let him go and then he got hired to be the HC in Cleveland, the season ended and he was hired away. The last game of the season, Seattle was January 2nd. He was interviewed by Cleveland on the 7th and hired on the 13th, it's not like the Rams had a big say in the matter.

McDaniels isn't a stupid coach, his offense might take a while, and needs some more stability, but that's part of the process. If we ever want Bradford to learn how to fly, he needs to be pushed from the nest. You can't just dumb it down all the time and hold his hand, if Bradford ever wants to be elite he'll need to learn how make those protection calls, read the defenses faster, and find his receivers open. A big part of our offense isn't the scheme as much as a lack of stability and receivers struggling. You can't give someone a 3rd grade math book and expect them to figure out Trig.

Anonymous

bluecoconuts said:
squeaky wheel said:
bluecoconuts said:
squeaky wheel said:

His contract was for two years, it was up and they would have had to resign him to a new contract but as soon as the season ended Cleveland came calling for him, it's not like the Rams let him go and then he got hired to be the HC in Cleveland, the season ended and he was hired away. The last game of the season, Seattle was January 2nd. He was interviewed by Cleveland on the 7th and hired on the 13th, it's not like the Rams had a big say in the matter.

McDaniels isn't a stupid coach, his offense might take a while, and needs some more stability, but that's part of the process. If we ever want Bradford to learn how to fly, he needs to be pushed from the nest. You can't just dumb it down all the time and hold his hand, if Bradford ever wants to be elite he'll need to learn how make those protection calls, read the defenses faster, and find his receivers open. A big part of our offense isn't the scheme as much as a lack of stability and receivers struggling. You can't give someone a 3rd grade math book and expect them to figure out Trig.

Well if it was up at the end of last season then the Rams were losing Shurmur once the walrus called. I didn't realize that. However our FO should have when assessing the labor contract and getting an OC more in tune with what was being built by Shurmur rather than McD starting everyone cold. I tend to disagree about the handing of SB.....I don't see the Rams having the luxury of f'ing around for years and getting an Alex Smith year....years hence.

Plus McD hasn't shown anything POSITIVE outside of the Patriots. Denver was a mess that he had a hand in. Last game was an eye opener for everyone....or it should have been. Our defense was prepared but our offense wasn't prepared with a plan that could have worked. Halftime adjustments.....of course, none of substance.

bluecoconuts

Legend
squeaky wheel said:
Well if it was up at the end of last season then the Rams were losing Shurmur once the walrus called. I didn't realize that. However our FO should have when assessing the labor contract and getting an OC more in tune with what was being built by Shurmur rather than McD starting everyone cold. I tend to disagree about the handing of SB.....I don't see the Rams having the luxury of f'ing around for years and getting an Alex Smith year....years hence.

Plus McD hasn't shown anything POSITIVE outside of the Patriots. Denver was a mess that he had a hand in. Last game was an eye opener for everyone....or it should have been. Our defense was prepared but our offense wasn't prepared with a plan that could have worked. Halftime adjustments.....of course, none of substance.

Spagnuolo said he talked to Bradford about going to a new offense, he went to one that gets the most out of QB's in the long run. It might be a struggle at first, but the result has been shown. Denver was a problem because of their defense, not their offense, their offense had Kyle Orton leading the NFL in yards, turning Lloyd into the best WR, and could hang 20-30 points on a team in a single quarter easily. That more shows that McDaniels wasn't ready for a full team yet, but he was able to handle an offense. I also think that's something positive outside of the Patriots.

I don't think getting a restrictive OC would be the best for Bradford either, sure in the short term it works out because he's handcuffed all the time, but if we want him to develop into a top tier QB, he's going to need to open it up. Last year everyone complained about the lack of downfield passes and attack, now people are complaining that we're trying too much. The team isn't going to learn how to throw deep passes with long developing routes if they never do it.

squeaky wheel said:
slinginsamfan said:
kurtfaulk said:

bonehead.

Go Sam!!! Go Rams!!!

You weren't actually meant to "see" it. Was just being snarky. On some boards seems like everything is Sam's fault. And, I'm not saying Sam's not struggling, but he can't do it all himself. This team, as it is now, is a situation Sam has never had to deal with. He's just a kid and I think he's trying his best to make it work each week, but I just get tired of hearing he was the wrong choice.
I really thought things were really going to start to click for the Rams when McD came in. The offense was similar to what Sam was running at Oklahoma, but at Oklahoma he wasn't always being sacked and pressured, he had consistent help in the backfield, and receivers that could run their routes, get open, and catch the ball. That's not happening here with the Rams yet, and yeah everyone's a little/lot disappointed, but hopefully, it's coming soon because I'm really looking forward to going to NO to watch the Rams in Super Bowl 2013.

Go Sam!!! Go Rams!!!