Studman Bailey

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You don't understand, do you? The concept of a rookie earning PT? Or that rookie receivers require time to assimilate the NFL?

Remember Greg Salas in the second game of the season in 2011? That was brutal. But later in the season he began to show what he could do.

There was no reason to push Bailey early on, not when a tough debut can wreck a rookie's confidence.

And Bailey did drop a pass in the preseason.

I understand that's your opinion about acclimating, yes. It's not a rule, just a generalization.

Oh, and they didn't make TA earn playing time so...

He did take time on special teams so, could be, but special teams was new to him. I wanted to see him a lot more by week 6 or 7 though when the WRs were dropping every other pass and the season was in jeopardy. Put pressure on them to produce. We'll never know now.

Last edited by a moderator:

MFaulk107

The Realness
I'm lovin Stedman.
I've always wanted to see what he really has.
I hope next season he get's a loooooot of time in the pre-season and regular season.
Just to see if small experience shows.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Well, at least I was right every time. :cool:
How so? You said they should have gotten him involved earlier in the season. They didn't. How he performs with 2 games remaining isn't indicative of how he would have done in the 2nd week or so.

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
How so? You said they should have gotten him involved earlier in the season. They didn't. How he performs with 2 games remaining isn't indicative of how he would have done in the 2nd week or so.

I know X. I'm kidding.

We'll never know. I wouldn't have put him in the second week either but once he started smoking it on special teams and the other receivers weren't producing, he deserved a shot that he didn't get IMHO. Once they gave him a shot, he produced. Once they got the ball to TA in the open field, he produced. That's what many of us wanted them to do, that's what they finally did, and the results were as expected. I'll leave it to everyone else to claim they weren't ready.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Stedman has best hands and route tree on this team he
Could end up our #1