Streaming Wars - WWE Network news and looking forward to 2021

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
News came out today that WWE Network was sold to NBC for exclusive streaming on their Peacock platform.

What does that mean? If you're an Xfinity cable or internet only subscriber (through their flex box), you get Peacock premium (the one with ads) for free, or $5/month for non-xfinity subscribers. $10/month get the ad-free version. Essentially, you get WWE and Peacock for half price with this bundle, if not free. For me, this is gonna save me $10/month. WWE Network is worth that price alone for the PPVs and everything else is just gravy. Now it's all free (sort of)!

Right now I have youtubetv because they were the least expensive platform that had the NFL Redzone channel on. Now that football season is over, I cancelled the sports package kept the tv, and I've noticed I never watch the traditional cable channels except for WWE Raw and MNF during the season.

Can someone tell me of a show that currently airs on a cable channel that is must see? The last one I watched was Vikings on History, and that is available on Prime and Hulu. I used to watch a lot of Comedy Central, now there's nothing worth watching on it. What happened to all the stand up specials? I don't watch cable news, Nick, or Disney. The movies that are TNT, FX, etc are all on the streaming platforms. My other interest is Discovery, which now has it's own platform that I'm considering.

In other words, I'm paying $65 plus tax a month to watch one episode of wrestling a week jam packed with ads or 16 MNF games.

Right now, my services on top of the internet price are:

Disney Plus
Amazon Prime
HBO Max (worth it for the movies)
WWE Network (free in a couple months)
Discovery Plus (maybe)
Youtube premium (in the event I want to watch cable news snippets or something random).
Hulu (which is free for me b/c I'm with Sprint)

All that for just above a hundred a month. WWE Raw condensed version is available on Hulu next day, and between that, the network, and youtube, I should get my fix there. So that leaves ESPN for MNF. I guess worst case is signing up for youtubetv again, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there. Who knows where that and NFL Redzone stand at that time.

Phew, that was longer than I wanted it to be lol. The transition is real, tho.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have Xfinity. The Peacock network has been blah so far. Adding stuff like this will help. I don’t have cable “technically”, but I have 4 streaming services lol. So I guess I have cable with Disney+, Hulu, HBO Max, and Amazon.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
All I can say Firestick.

Angry Ram

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have Xfinity. The Peacock network has been blah so far. Adding stuff like this will help. I don’t have cable “technically”, but I have 4 streaming services lol. So I guess I have cable with Disney+, Hulu, HBO Max, and Amazon.

Yeah the interface and ease of use is terrible. I have the flex box and haven't used it once. Now I think I'll have to.

All I can say Firestick.

Firestick or Samsung smart tv doesn't have Peacock support right now. I hate having to buy extra junk on top of a smart tv to support all these damn platforms. So I'm going to have to put my flex box on my Samsung, which is the only wall mounted tv I have, which means more ugly wires I'll need to hide.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The app stores on smart TVs typically suck imo. Never update or work poorly. Thankfully the flex box is easy to use.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Yeah the interface and ease of use is terrible. I have the flex box and haven't used it once. Now I think I'll have to.

Firestick or Samsung smart tv doesn't have Peacock support right now. I hate having to buy extra junk on top of a smart tv to support all these damn platforms. So I'm going to have to put my flex box on my Samsung, which is the only wall mounted tv I have, which means more ugly wires I'll need to hide.
Type Peacock on a firestick , go to Tech Hive and they'll explain how to do what they call sideload it.

Also I saw a bunch of how to download on a Samsung smart t.v..

When you buy a firestick there's a ton of apps/networks that are not on it but can be downloaded.

Sorry not good with links or I would have posted it.

Angry Ram

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I did it. Got my amplified antenna and canceled youtube tv. I feel so liberated.

Peacock set up on my main TV for wwe network. It's actually full of good shows too. All for free!