Stevie Johnson is expected to be released by the Niners

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

manmaderam

The one and only
In my opinion I would believe so. Im in favor of trading or cutting Givens for him. And resign Britt. Then let Nick Foles throw

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Stevie Johnson was their best reciever. They just didn't know it. What a dumb move. I would take him as our #2.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams fans are so strange with receivers. I thought people were high on bailey? Adding another receiver in any way pushes bailey out (I'm not as big a fan, so give me cooper). I'm just confused at this point. Which one is it? Are bailey, quick, Austin and Britt good receivers or is every receiver that gets cut from one team gonna become our number 2? Lol

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Rams fans are so strange with receivers. I thought people were high on bailey? Adding another receiver in any way pushes bailey out (I'm not as big a fan, so give me cooper). I'm just confused at this point. Which one is it? Are bailey, quick, Austin and Britt good receivers or is every receiver that gets cut from one team gonna become our number 2? Lol
I think a lot of us are just unsure about them at this point. Quick is coming back from a deflated shoulder, Britt is a legit #1, Austin and Bailey are still unproven. I know they have talent, but what have they really done? Austin needs to be used correctly to be effective and Bailey has had two good games so far. Stevie Johnson had back to back 1,000 yard seasons. He's showed he can perform at a high level consistently in this league. That's why.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Johnson definitely has talent, but I'm not sure he has enough to warrant a contract. Bring back Kenny Britt, hope for Amari Cooper to drop and you've actually got a strong WR group for the first time in awhile.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think a lot of us are just unsure about them at this point. Quick is coming back from a deflated shoulder, Britt is a legit #1, Austin and Bailey are still unproven. I know they have talent, but what have they really done? Austin needs to be used correctly to be effective and Bailey has had two good games so far. Stevie Johnson had back to back 1,000 yard seasons. He's showed he can perform at a high level consistently in this league. That's why.
But stevie and stedman were the exact same player last year. Same stats and both didn't play much due to being third ok the depth chart. Niners have let Crabtree Lloyd and Johnson walk. If Johnson was any good, he'd still be on that roster, In my opinion

Athos

Legend
You can find a cheaper alternative for a deep speed guy in the draft.

Yes, Givens should just be cut.

Pead too. No idea why Pead is still on roster.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I was pissed when they got him and he did nothing...At the very minimum Givens can run a fly pattern and is younger, I'll keep Givens or go in another direction.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
But stevie and stedman were the exact same player last year. Same stats and both didn't play much due to being third ok the depth chart. Niners have let Crabtree Lloyd and Johnson walk. If Johnson was any good, he'd still be on that roster, In my opinion
You can say this about both Bailey and Johnson, but look who he had throwing to him. Sometimes teams make mistakes too. They have a new coach so maybe he just wants to bring in his own guys. All I'm saying is it was his first year in the system and he was their fourth option behind Gore, Crabtree and Davis. He's shown the ability to put up good numbers if he's a focal in an offense.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I like StevieJ a lot, was gutted when he got signed to the niners and I was worried - but they just didn't play him...

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You can say this about both Bailey and Johnson, but look who he had throwing to him. Sometimes teams make mistakes too. They have a new coach so maybe he just wants to bring in his own guys. All I'm saying is it was his first year in the system and he was their fourth option behind Gore, Crabtree and Davis. He's shown the ability to put up good numbers if he's a focal in an offense.
I agree with everything you say. It's just interesting to see how wide receivers get cut from other teams and rams fans always seem to flock to them (I saw a dwayne bowe advocate earlier this week)

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I agree with everything you say. It's just interesting to see how wide receivers get cut from other teams and rams fans always seem to flock to them (I saw a dwayne bowe advocate earlier this week)
Yeah, it happens with everyone who gets cut lol our roster just isn't good enough to some I guess.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, it happens with everyone who gets cut lol our roster just isn't good enough to some I guess.
Lol i stopped worrying so much when I saw other teams do the same thing. I think I saw a falcons fan saying thy needed to take watkins last year haha

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
I don't think there is any reason to cut Givens with the other holes the Rams have at the moment. The guys not breaking the bank, let him play out next year and see what he can do with Foles. I never been a fan of creating a hole when there's not one there. Still, room on the roster for a wr on the roster.