Stafford's 37 best throws from 2023 - Will he be better in 2024?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

20hrswk

UDFA
I'm not sure how the Jordan Love throws got in there and don't know how to get them out - sorry.
It's interesting to compare the 2 QBs though.
Love seems to throw to his primary (play called) WR often unless he's scrambling and making a throw off that.
I think few QBs (Stafford being one) have the ability to go through 1st, 2nd, 3rd read and make throws.

View: https://twitter.com/i/status/1791243162033242270

On many of the throws he does what he does maybe better than anyone in the league . . .
. . . look off a safety before throwing or just chop his feet, survey to his 2nd, 3rd, 4th option.

If we give him time and he remains healthy . . . watch out.

A lot of things are better on the offense which will help.

Various receivers obviously, but many sightings of . . . Tutu.
Say what we will about Tutu, the guy has real good hands.

Last edited:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
That was a good watch.

Various receivers obviously, but many sightings of . . . Tutu.
Say what we will about Tutu, the guy has real good hands.

He was in that highlight package with some very good plays.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
That drop by Van against SEA was brutal. Damn, I forgot all about that.

So thankful for what he did, but so glad he's gone.

InfiniteRam

Rookie
A couple of things:

1. This collection of throws from Stafford is one of the most impressive football displays I've ever seen.
2. Tutu is EXTREMELY underutilized in this offense. He has strong hands and was all over this reel.
3. Kupp has AMAZING feet and he uses them to create last minute separation.
4. That Jefferson drop may be the worst I've ever seen.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott

Seeing him come up small in the SB, and playoffs in general, bum knee or not, he was just a non factor. Especially when he turtled up in that SB while a bench guy like Hopkins stepped up, that sealed his fate. He was never getting a 2nd contract here.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Seeing him come up small in the SB, and playoffs in general, bum knee or not, he was just a non factor. Especially when he turtled up in that SB while a bench guy like Hopkins stepped up, that sealed his fate. He was never getting a 2nd contract here.
Yeah, I still get irritated when I see that interception in the end zone with him not even attempting to make a play on the ball. Absolutely no dog in that guy....

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

His disappearing act in the first couple of games last season sealed his fate on the team. The Rams needed him to step up with Kupp injured. Nothing. Wasn't long before the Rams shipped him out.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Regarding Jefferson ... some players show promise early-on, then quickly fade, never to reach their potential. It's a waste. Similar to ROD's @Loyal.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Give the man a run game and a strong defense and it's over.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame

Had high hopes for Van especially with his pedigree.
He would never attack ball in air, always waiting for ball to come to him.

Glad to see him go. Was past frustrated with his lack of aggression in contested situations.

His successor though ????
One of the top unexpected and, very pleasant surprises of 2023.

D Rob was a DOG!!
All he did was get better every week-- to the point Defenses could not ignore his Presence.
Pay too much attention to Puka and Kupp and D Rob made teams pay dearly.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto

Glad to see him go. Was past frustrated with his lack of aggression in contested situations.

D Rob was a DOG!!
All he did was get better every week-- to the point Defenses could not ignore his Presence.
I absolutely agree. I thought Vans pedigree and background as his dad being an NFL WR Coach that he'd end up better, but he just didn't seem to have that fight in him.

I PERSONALLY am a MASSIVE fan of DRob and think he sticks a few more years and Puka and DRob will around 3-4 more years at least together.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
A couple of things:

1. This collection of throws from Stafford is one of the most impressive football displays I've ever seen.
2. Tutu is EXTREMELY underutilized in this offense. He has strong hands and was all over this reel.
3. Kupp has AMAZING feet and he uses them to create last minute separation.
4. That Jefferson drop may be the worst I've ever seen.
2. I imagine Tutu’s height helps get him lost in the crowd. Also, in a timing offense he has to be at his spots on time. He’s easily bumped. I think that is the issue. Stafford doesn’t trust him to be where he’s supposed to.
3. Kupp has the late part of the route, from his feet creating separation, to looking for the ball as late as possible, to showing his hands late, down to a tee. I’ve heard him coaching Puka in those things in videos this past year.

D Rob was a DOG!!
I hated the Van Jefferson and Cam Akers picks and got into a few arguments here over it. I didn’t like that draft in general. It felt like harassment around here. As if I wasn’t allowed to dislike a Snead draft. :zany1: I’ve disliked most of them through the years.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I hated the Van Jefferson and Cam Akers picks and got into a few arguments here over it. I didn’t like that draft in general. It felt like harassment around here. As if I wasn’t allowed to dislike a Snead draft. :zany1: I’ve disliked most of them through the years.

I was not a fan of those picks either.
Henderson and Brown were playing well enough to NOT have to draft a RB so early.

I was a big fan of reynolds. I know you can’t pay too much for your #3 WR, but he was still under contract, making it unnecessary to draft his replacement that year.

Fast forward to the magical postseason run of ‘21, and there were several role players who played some of their best ball for the Rams. At the very least, they made plays when the Rams needed somebody to step up. I don’t recall either akers or vj doing that.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Van and Akers showed promise. I thought we found two second round gems. Now they're both gone. Bottom of the roster guys on other teams. You can find talent but you never know what's in the heart and mind. Seems like this year and last year they targeted guys who have a strong work ethic. Maybe they learned something from previous drafts.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Ya very surprised to see #5 so many times in this reel.
Him & D Rob really complimented #10 & #17 very well.
Can't wait to see if / how the new blood fits in.