Stafford restructured his contract

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

methomas50

Rookie
I see him being the QB at least this year and next. So i am fine with it. Odd he is selling his house though when it is closer to the facility.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Party Dancing GIF by Florida Georgia Line

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Was there ever any doubt?
From Jourdan!! She made it a Bug Deal instead of being HAPPY The Rams Drafted JARED VERSE.

Now she can ask about Ernest Jones.Sure he wasn’t at OTA’s because of his contract- lmao

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The Los Angeles Rams didn’t address Matthew Stafford’s contract request in the last three months but the situation won’t spill over into training camp. After delaying his press conference by about three hours, Sean McVay told reporters on Tuesday that the Rams and Stafford have reached an agreement on a new contract.

McVay said the deal came together on Tuesday, so it came down to the wire for both parties in order to avoid a holdout by Stafford in camp. Stafford is in attendance for camp and will be on the field for the first practice Wednesday, so that situation has been taken care of.

As for the structure of his new deal, McVay said it’s not a contract extension, so no additional years were tacked on to his current deal. That means Stafford is still under contract through 2026.

Currently, Stafford’s contract pays him $40 million per year, which is tied for 12th among all players. However, his issue was with the lack of guaranteed money beyond the 2024 season. His salary was not guaranteed in 2025 or 2026, which would’ve made it easier for the Rams to move on from him.

With Stafford in attendance, along with every other player on the Rams’ roster, the team can now kick off training camp with perfect attendance and everyone accounted for.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
@So Ram

What the hell is it with you and Jourdan? :not:
Those Brothers - just another example of her worry to much about Matthew Stafford’s contract.She questions The Rams brass IMO isn’t needed.

I do appreciate her reporting & questions though.Just calling out examples of what IMO is over the top.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes Full speed ahead
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
So more guaranteed money I'm guessing. Maybe to make it more difficult for the Rams to move on from him, or perhaps more accurately to have them show dedication to him. Just spitballin here, no idea and honestly I don't give a shit what the motivation was. But I am happy that QB1 is now happy.

Let's go make a title run MFers. :startstruck::trophy:

dang

Legend
So more guaranteed money I'm guessing. Maybe to make it more difficult for the Rams to move on from him, or perhaps more accurately to have them show dedication to him. Just spitballin here, no idea and honestly I don't give a shit what the motivation was. But I am happy that QB1 is now happy.

Let's go make a title run MFers. :startstruck::trophy:
Protect Stafford. Balance the attack to take pressure off the pass game. And let that bad mfer lead the Rams to another 1-2 super bowls before he retires in 3 years!!! Draft a stud LT next year (unless Ajax morphs into “the man”) and no need to draft a QB until 2026. Sounds like a good 3 year plan.