St. Louis fan base.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Re: St. Louis fan base.

Makes you wonder when they let Packer fans invade the dome in such numbers. It was like a neutral site game and it pisses me off!!!! :amped:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
All I saw on TV was Packers fan. Really annoyed. Don't blame the losses. Dodgers and Clippers fans get more support. Is it that they really only care about baseball ?

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry

WestsideRamsfan said:
This is a serious question. Leave it in this thread. What's wrong with the St. Louis fan base ?
Apparently, the Packers fan base travels real well. The citizens of St. Louis are probably spending their money at Cardinals games.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg

Makes you wonder if Kroenke says to himself... why the hell do I want to stay in St. Louis if I can't get a better showing with an improving team. Yeah, seeing Fox continually showing packer fans at the game made me sick. I wouldn't give a shit if they were 0-6 or 6-0, if I lived close, I would be there cheering them on.

At Cardinals games ? I thought game 6 and 7 are in SF? No offense, but it just seems as thought STL fan don't really care about football. Look, all I'm saying is that if STL fans keep it up, they will move to LA and you can only blame yourself. I used to want them to stay in STL, but come on.

bluecoconuts

Legend

Packers fans really travel well. All of the seats in packer games are held by season ticket holders and there's a wait list longer than the stadium has seats. Given that the only thing to do in Wisconsin (especially in the winter) is drink and watch the Packers, it's going to happen. As a result Packer fans travel really well, they buy tickets well in advance. And since St Louis isn't that long of a drive, it's likely that half of Wisconsin made the drive down Saturday morning and got a hotel to watch the game live.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Shoulda seen how many Packer fans were in Houston last week.

Bandwagoner factor.

Also, why would LA be any different? You think there aren't any Packer fans there? Especially w/ no team for 15+ years?

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall

I'm not shitting you, next week there will be as many rams fans in London as there were in StL today

Angry Ram said:
Shoulda seen how many Packer fans were in Houston last week.

Bandwagoner factor.

Also, why would LA be any different? You think there aren't any Packer fans there? Especially w/ no team for 15+ years?

See Dodgers and Clippers. Plus, LA fans are much more outspoken and hostile. Keeps the away crowds away. With no Raiders in LA, the Rams wouldn't have to compete for attention.

ScotsRam said:
I'm not shitting you, next week there will be as many rams fans in London as there were in StL today
A sad, but true story. If STL Loses the Rams, please don't blame Kroenke. That's all I'm saying.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler

So the Rams just went through the worst decade in NFL history and you're surprised by the casual fan's ambivalence here in St. Louis?

I hope those of you in southern California aren't trying to say that an LA stadium would be packed every game after the last ten years of mediocre (at best) football. I'm not sure I'm buying that.

Look, it pissed me off that so many Packer fans made it into the dome too, it was embarrassing to see on TV. If I could have made it to the game believe me, I would have. But to act like St. Louis doesn't deserve a team because of this doesn't seem right.

superfan24

Starter

MerlinJones said:
So the Rams just went through the worst decade in NFL history and you're surprised by the casual fan's ambivalence here in St. Louis?

I hope those of you in southern California aren't trying to say that an LA stadium would be packed every game after the last ten years of mediocre (at best) football. I'm not sure I'm buying that.

Look, it pissed me off that so many Packer fans made it into the dome too, it was embarrassing to see on TV. If I could have made it to the game believe me, I would have. But to act like St. Louis doesn't deserve a team because of this doesn't seem right.

Agreed 100% on everything. I get it the Rams are trying to improve the fan experience but it isn't there yet for the non-die hards to attend.
The fans are there give STL a break.

Lesson

Oh, really?

MerlinJones said:

I agree. The Rams just went through the worst 5 year stretch for a NFL team in history at 15-65.
If the Rams went 65-15 over a 5 year stretch, the Dome would have every seat filled with Rams fans. It's unfair to expect fans just to start showing up after a poor product has been on the field for so many years.

If you win, they will come.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler

Lesson said:
MerlinJones said:

I agree. The Rams just went through the worst 5 year stretch for a NFL team in history at 15-65.
If the Rams went 65-15 over a 5 year stretch, the Dome would have every seat filled with Rams fans. It's unfair to expect fans just to start showing up after a poor product has been on the field for so many years.

If you win, they will come.

Thanks for correcting me on that one. I know the Rams made the playoffs in '05, so my "worst decade" statement isn't really correct.
I guess the last five years have just felt twice as long to me.