Speaking of Fisher . . .

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
I think back to 2010 when we were 7-9 in a weak division. I remember the positives, but the negatives were the 2 wins we left on table. At Tampa, if we hold them on last drive we win. Spagscalls zone blitz in which Chris Long has the zone where Cadilac Willams goes and he's not match for Chris. TD Bucs.

In SF, we have a 3rd and 29, zone blitz and it's 4th a very long, cannot remember. But, another zone blitz, first down 49ers they tie it and it goes to OT. Also a bogus PI against OJ in that OT caused a problem.

Had Rams been 9-7 and made playoffs,and had 2011 been the injury-filled, drop filled nightmare would Spags have gotten 3rd year?

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Who knows?

I'm just glad things worked out the way they did and we have fisher now.

A55VA6

Legend
Honestly, even with the weak division I don't know how the hell the Rams got to 7-9 with that roster in 2010. Bradford did some great things with what he had. But I definitely believe we're in a better position than we would have been if Spags stayed.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I think back to 2010 when we were 7-9 in a weak division. I remember the positives, but the negatives were the 2 wins we left on table. At Tampa, if we hold them on last drive we win. Spagscalls zone blitz in which Chris Long has the zone where Cadilac Willams goes and he's not match for Chris. TD Bucs.

In SF, we have a 3rd and 29, zone blitz and it's 4th a very long, cannot remember. But, another zone blitz, first down 49ers they tie it and it goes to OT. Also a bogus PI against OJ in that OT caused a problem.

Had Rams been 9-7 and made playoffs,and had 2011 been the injury-filled, drop filled nightmare would Spags have gotten 3rd year?

IMO, Spags wouldn't have gotten a *4th* year after 2011's showing. Despite the fact that it was an impossibility for him to generate a bunch of wins that year due to the vast amount of injuries and stupid offseason that took away the team's ability to learn the offense, Fisher had become available (Kroenke's buddy). I asked Demoff how many wins Spags would have needed to keep his job, and he replied (IIRC) about 5 more (7-9). It was a lose/lose for Spags.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom

Do you mean: "Would he STILL have gotten the third year that he did receive anyway?"
I don't see why not.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
IMO, Spags wouldn't have gotten a *4th* year after 2011's showing. Despite the fact that it was an impossibility for him to generate a bunch of wins that year due to the vast amount of injuries and stupid offseason that took away the team's ability to learn the offense, Fisher had become available (Kroenke's buddy). I asked Demoff how many wins Spags would have needed to keep his job, and he replied (IIRC) about 5 more (7-9). It was a lose/lose for Spags.
If there was a coach that could have gone 7-9 with 2011's injuries, we should have hired him as coach for life.

jjab360

Legend
Alright guys we get it, he meant to say 4th year instead of 3rd year, doesn't make the question any less legitimate.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If there was a coach that could have gone 7-9 with 2011's injuries, we should have hired him as coach for life.

Spags dug his own grave by turning to one year rental past their prime castoffs and culling the younger players. Kinda like Dan Snyder except worse.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Spags dug his own grave by turning to one year rental past their prime castoffs and culling the younger players. Kinda like Dan Snyder except worse.

Besides Spagnuolo being over the top and excluding employees from the players, he could not managed a roster to save his life. Now some was bad luck, but when he went with 4 WR's the Rams would lose two in a game and the same scenario with corner backs as well.

He probably would have been better off going with Brad Childress as his offensive coordinator, but IMO, I believe he received an ultimatum from ownership to hire McDaniels. Overall I am glad those days are gone! Even though he had a worse record the Scott "Milquetoast" Linehan he was still an upgrade. Linehan is a heck of a coordinator, but as I have posted many times previously, he could not motivate a group Marines at a Brothel!

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave

He thought the team was ready to turn the corner, and was in a contract year (since there was no way he was going to be kept with just 1 year left on his contract). And yes, none of the 1 year rentals panned out. But injuries were far more the story of 2011 than that.