Somebody pinch me.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramit

ROD GRUNT
Listen fellow Rams fans, I have come to a realization. We have been given it all since McVay took over. All except a Lombardi anyways...

We have had a league best offense.

We current sport a league best defense.

We have had an elite special teams unit in every aspect other than returners.

This defense is special. It is fun to watch. It brings me great joy to see the camaderie that those guys have; the love for each other and the game that drives them. Selfless.

We, not me.

The struggles on offense (o-line) are due to the choices that were made in obtaining the talent needed to field a defense like this. Sacrifices have to be made somewhere. McVay knows that Jared is a pocket passer, but Jared is actually quite good at throwing on the run so McVay schemed it up.

Unfortunately, somewhere along the way, something hurt Jareds confidence which in turn made the offense anemic more often than not. Those turnovers were killer in the regular season.

Jared found something last night. Let's hope that whatever it was stays with him. Don't forget the young man that led us to a win against the chiefs on MNF....or the young man who led us to NFC champions against a really good saints team in enemy territory where the DB's were loud enough to make a dog vomit. He is still there.

Thankfully, the run game has found its stride. What we saw yesterday is the way to win a superbowl.

Remember when peeps were saying McVay was figured out? That he wouldn't/couldn't change his identity? That he gave up on the run too early? While that may be true to an extent at certain points in time...look at the team that played yesterday. McVay is an incredibly intelligent and humble man. He's the type to change with what's needed. We are soooo lucky peeps.

Here is my main point—let's just enjoy this playoff run. 3 out of 4 isn't bad peeps. Fans have short memories...let's live in the moment for now!

Love

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Nice post. And I am right there with you man. I am enjoying every moment of this because the stars have aligned for us here and this team has a legitimate shot at winning it all. We're gonna need some health in our favor but that's always the case for any team to make a run.

McVay is the face of this franchise too btw. He is unique in that respect as well. It's a new model for the NFL and good luck finding a guy who can do what Coach does for us.

And win or lose this has been a hell of a great season amidst all the terrible BS of 2020. What a great way to celebrate 2021 even if we do fall short at some point. :beer2::biggrin:

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Listen fellow Rams fans, I have come to a realization. We have been given it all since McVay took over. All except a Lombardi anyways...

This defense is special. It is fun to watch. It brings me great joy to see the camaderie that those guys have; the love for each other and the game that drives them. Selfless.

We, not me.

The struggles on offense (o-line) are due to the choices that were made in obtaining the talent needed to field a defense like this. Sacrifices have to be made somewhere. McVay knows that Jared is a pocket passer, but Jared is actually quite good at throwing on the run so McVay schemed it up.

Unfortunately, somewhere along the way, something hurt Jareds confidence which in turn made the offense anemic more often than not. Those turnovers were killer in the regular season.

Jared found something last night. Let's hope that whatever it was stays with him. Don't forget the young man that led us to a win against the chiefs on MNF....or the young man who led us to NFC champions against a really good saints team in enemy territory where the DB's were loud enough to make a dog vomit. He is still there.

Thankfully, the run game has found its stride. What we saw yesterday is the way to win a superbowl.

Remember when peeps were saying McVay was figured out? That he wouldn't/couldn't change his identity? That he gave up on the run too early? While that may be true to an extent at certain points in time...look at the team that played yesterday. McVay is an incredibly intelligent and humble man. He's the type to change with what's needed. We are soooo lucky peeps.

Here is my main point—let's just enjoy this playoff run. 3 out of 4 isn't bad peeps. Fans have short memories...let's live in the moment for now!

Love
At first I thought you were karate 61.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock

Your whole post was great and spot on.

The quoted articulates what I’ve felt all along....the 16 of the 2018 Super Bowl run IS STILL IN THERE!

Talking about Coach...did you notice in the press conference, he referred to 16 as ”our starting QB”?
Just so there’s no fucking dispute about reading someone’s body language and Frustration with the QB and we’ll see what McVay really thinks of Goff...bullshit. It’s all bullshit. No more suppositions and conspiracies.
Wolfie is the backup, period.

And now, they have the best defense in the NFL!

That was a brutally physical game...that midget is sitting in an ice bath today because he got his candy ass beat.

I love this team.

:helmet:

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In line with this, did you guys hear that McVay told everyone on the team that Wolford was starting earlier in the week? And nobody leaked it. Says a lot IMO about this team. Awesome.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
In line with this, did you guys hear that McVay told everyone on the team that Wolford was starting earlier in the week? And nobody leaked it. Says a lot IMO about this team. Awesome.
For real man. Great point. (y)

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
Remember when peeps were saying McVay was figured out?
Schemes can be figured out but,
There is no such thing as figuring out execution.

Hell, Lombardi at one point could have walked on the field and told the
other team, "we're running off tackle to the right for the next 3 three plays,
Now stop it," And the Packers would have still been successful.

I guess my point is that McVay is a true teacher and will have
his teams executing at a high level and that is far more important than
scheme.

Hobgoblin

Rookie
Part of me feels and I hope I’m wrong in that the team is clicking better now with Whit back.

But...Seattle prepared for a game with Wolford and not Goff with a run game.

Defense played lights out and it was amazing to see them firing in all cylinders.

I’m hoping Goff heals up more so he can nail his normal throws. They can take advantage of his status to make teams think he won’t take shots. That’s a big wild card for teams.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
No more suppositions and conspiracies.
Wolfie is the backup, period.

True , but McVay really likes Wolfie and If Goff starts playing poorly
the lease is not near as long as it used to be, and I love it.

IMHO This is a good thing. Competition between two players
brings out the best in each. I want Goff to constantly be pushed,
the same way I want every player to be.

Ramit

ROD GRUNT
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Schemes can be figured out but,
There is no such thing as figuring out execution.

Hell, Lombardi at one point could have walked on the field and told the
other team, "we're running off tackle to the right for the next 3 three plays,
Now stop it," And the Packers would have still been successful.

I guess my point is that McVay is a true teacher and will have
his teams executing at a high level and that is far more important than
scheme.
While I completely agree with you, my only caveat is that I didn't just mean scheme or execution. What plays he will call in certain situations....how if you have the dl shoot up field at the snap and have the flats covered with some zone behind it then you can beat (Goff) McVay...regardless of playcall...
It was the theme last year after the SB loss. I was referring to all of the above.

Now if Lombardi told me what you said then I'd have about 8 guys lined up at the LOS to the outside of the right tackle lol....I bet that scheme would stop 3 straight off right tackle runs....see my point?

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
While I completely agree with you, my only caveat is that I didn't just mean scheme or execution. What plays he will call in certain situations....how if you have the dl shoot up field at the snap and have the flats covered with some zone behind it then you can beat (Goff) McVay...regardless of playcall...
It was the theme last year after the SB loss. I was referring to all of the above.
I agree and I really wasn't trying to make a counter point . Sorry if it came off that way.

Now if Lombardi told me what you said then I'd have about 8 guys lined up at the LOS to the outside of the right tackle lol....I bet that scheme would stop 3 straight off right tackle runs....see my point?

LOL. The beautiful thing about football is that if you know how to execute anything is possible
They would have simply blocked down from the TE to the center, Kicked out with the first
player to come across the line of scrimmage with playside pulling guard (usually around where the 6 hole is)
And the runner runs inside the kickout while being lead by backside guard and fullback.
Every defender outside of the kickout would be running themselves out of the play.
Your off tackle goes from the 8 to the 6 hole.
This is all for s**** and giggles of course. I just love the game.
1610332303201.png

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Nice post. And I am right there with you man. I am enjoying every moment of this because the stars have aligned for us here and this team has a legitimate shot at winning it all. We're gonna need some health in our favor but that's always the case for any team to make a run.

McVay is the face of this franchise too btw. He is unique in that respect as well. It's a new model for the NFL and good luck finding a guy who can do what Coach does for us.

And win or lose this has been a hell of a great season amidst all the terrible BS of 2020. What a great way to celebrate 2021 even if we do fall short at some point. :beer2::biggrin:
You shut your whorish mouth with that falling short talk!! We go to Superbowl and win, yes?

Ramit

ROD GRUNT
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I agree and I really wasn't trying to make a counter point . Sorry if it came off that way.

LOL. The beautiful thing about football is that if you know how to execute anything is possible
They would have simply blocked down from the TE to the center, Kicked out with the first
player to come across the line of scrimmage with playside pulling guard (usually around where the 6 hole is)
And the runner runs inside the kickout while being lead by backside guard and fullback.
Every defender outside of the kickout would be running themselves out of the play.
Your off tackle goes from the 8 to the 6 hole.
This is all for s**** and giggles of course. I just love the game.
View attachment 42773
Yeah, but the nose tackle has a tactical nuke under his flak jacket.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

We, not me.

Love

Great post

I love McVay. Hope he's our coach forever. He belongs in the conversation of top offensive minds in the league. He made his name with that beautiful mind for X's and O's and with his hire he brought immediate and drastic improvement to our O.

What we couldn't know when he signed on was that he is an even more brilliant Head Coach than he is an offensive mind.

May his first 20 years as Rams HC see as much success as the next 20 years after that. Then he would basically be as old as Pete Carroll or Bill Belichick is now.