Some stuff I noticed when I re-watched the Cards...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
The Ram WR’s were magnificent in catching away from the body throws. We are being spoiled, y’all.

I admire McVay for not going into a shell even with a big lead late in the game.

Can’t praise our OL enough. All game long they were imposing their will and by the mid 3rd quarter on the Card D was exhausted.

Honestly, how do you take away the starting position from Blythe? I’m a big JB fan, but Damn!

Tbh, I’m not seeing the flash plays from our rush LB’s, with the exception of an occasional flash play from Ebu. From Christian, Countess, Shields, and NRC, sure. Plus the other mostly all star starters, of course. But Easley, Longacre, and Lawler have been just so-so, IMO.

There seems to be a quiet, unflappable confidence by both the O and the D. Their body language seems to be saying “we got this”.

Another thing. Isn’t it a joy to watch the D’s play make the job of the O so much easier? Then the O returns the favor by running up a lead that makes the D’s job so much easier. Been a long time since we’ve seen THAT, huh?

Hard to watch the secondary from the tv broadcast, but when I could the Card receivers seemed mostly smothered. What a secondary.

McVay won 34-0 going away and without getting particularly fancy in his play calling. Didn’t need to reveal any more of his new wrinkles. Probably saving them for the Chargers and/or Vikings.

I’m sensing that both the O and the D are just getting warmed up as they continue to gel. Scary thought for upcoming opponents.

Re: The guys warming up -
Preseason comes to a close. It's getting interesting this week. Wonder what the 1st battle for LA will bring out in the guys.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I just hope that the O starts a little quicker this week...I love where this team is but I kind of temper my joy do to the fact that our guys played 2 teams that are dumpster fires on both sides of the ball...

Don't stop now...ROLL RAMS !!!!!!

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Did anyone see Kupp's wired up? Seemed like he was saying he was amazed that McQuade spun the laces to him?

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Did anyone see Kupp's wired up? Seemed like he was saying he was amazed that McQuade spun the laces to him?

Thanks for the heads up on his Wired video. THIS is why the Rams are succeeding, what a humble decent guy. Plays hard but is still a decent human being.

In reply to your question @LARAMSinFeb. he seems to be amazed that McQuaide constantly has the laces in front - away from the kicker. I guess it's little details like the that make him the best LS in the game, and something that we never see.

McQuaide goes to Kupp "How were those laces" Kupp replies "On the money, on the money"
And then later Kupp asks the question to a coach "It's nice how Jake throws you the ball and he puts the laces out in front, I don't know how you can do that" and the reply comes "lots of practice"

Love it.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Tbh, I’m not seeing the flash plays from our rush LB’s, with the exception of an occasional flash play from Ebu. From Christian, Countess, Shields, and NRC, sure. Plus the other mostly all star starters, of course. But Easley, Longacre, and Lawler have been just so-so, IMO.
It's difficult to get rush when the QB gets the ball out so quickly. I noticed a few times that by the time the LB gets to their blocker the ball is out, a by product of having Suh, Brockers, and Donald rush the interior. Easley got some pressure, drew a holding penalty. JFM played a lot, 3rd down especially, could be breakout player next season. Lawler played only one snap.

TexasRam

Legend
agree on your observations.

I took a quick watch of Brandon Allen’s snaps today. He had one snap where he really got pushed back 3-4 yards on a run play. not good. the other snaps were solid and one snap he really moved a huge man backwards about 5 yards.

Hard to say why he got beat the one snap. I wonder if it’s technique abs something that can be fixed or just lack of strength to hold up.

Allen has talent for sure. But not ready to start by any means yet.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just thought of something else. The improved tackling is noticeable.

I particularly appreciate the wrap-up style of Littleton and JJ.

And while I’m at it, I’ve gotta say that I haven’t noticed Kupp having to motion to any of our current WR’s where to line up, etc. Lol.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's difficult to get rush when the QB gets the ball out so quickly. I noticed a few times that by the time the LB gets to their blocker the ball is out, a by product of having Suh, Brockers, and Donald rush the interior. Easley got some pressure, drew a holding penalty. JFM played a lot, 3rd down especially, could be breakout player next season. Lawler played only one snap.

I hear you, shovel. No question that our first two opponents wanted to get the ball out quickly vs our pass rush.

But still...

We’re seeing plays by AD, Suh, and certainly Brockers, anyway. Littleton and Wilson, too, at times. But aside from Ebu, not so much from our other edge players either against the run or the pass.

But I will say this. Opponents are struggling to run, pass, or certainly score against this overall D. Obviously, that’s the name of the game and Wade’s gotta be pleased.

I guess I’m just nitpicking here while expecting more flash plays from our edge players. Call me greedy. Lol.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
On another note about the Cards game, the crowd has changed. The Rams fans are really getting animated and loud. Loud and proud. A guy next to me during warmups had the Rams horns tattooed on each side of his head and Rams logo tattooed on the back of his head. I'm seeing more and more rabid ride or die fans. It all started with the playoff game and has carried over. The quiet and reserved Rams fans or curious non fans that were just going for something to do are being weeded out. The buzz is for real. When you replay the game, listen to the crowd noise when Todd G, Cooks or JoJo break away. Finally, some home field advantage. Oh, and it kills me that a huge portion of season ticket holders are selling their seats to Packers fans. I get it, you sell these tickets for $200 or $300 or $400 per seat and get back 1/2 of your original money you plucked down. You know who you are and you can cry all the way to the bank knowing that Packers fans or Steelers fans would rather die than sell their seats to opposing fans.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
And while I’m at it, I’ve gotta say that I haven’t noticed Kupp having to motion to any of our current WR’s where to line up, etc. Lol.
That shouldn't go unnoted. This team seems to be playing from the same book on both sides of the ball. I did notice Peters directing Littleton on one of the mic'd in segments but that is probably to be expected and just shows Peters' understanding of the game - not Littleton's lack of. It would be surprising to see Littleton be fully in charge of his position AND calling the defense with as little time as he's spent in this position.
You know who you are and you can cry all the way to the bank knowing that Packers fans or Steelers fans would rather die than sell their seats to opposing fans.
You may want to go back and look at the stands in the Steelers home opener against the Chefs. Lots of yellow seats showing and it wasn't half time. Maybe they don't sell their seats. But they didn't seem to show up any more than for which Rams fans constantly get ragged on.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
His Wired segment was amazing. This team is just gelling right now. I know it makes it easy when you're winning but you can tell these guys love each other. What a job by McBae