Softli's Pick at #6

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ5wUARp6hg[/youtube]

paceram

Pro Bowler
I hope he is right but I don't think Richardson will drop to #6.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
ADP was #7 and most look back now or after his first 200+ yrd rushing game as a rook and still wonder how that happened...falling to 7.
I firmly believe and will be happy with Claiborne, Blackmon, or hint hint. All 3 are worthy and either position of player will solidify that area of need.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Not me but of course we have bigger holes but TR would provide insurance and a 1-2 punch that might be the nastiest in the NFL. This is why Fisher and Snead make the big bucks, to make these decisions. Let's hope they pull some slick moves on draft day.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
JdashSTL said:
Is anybody here completely against taking TR at #6?
Not even close to against it. What ALWAYS happens when Jackson gets hurt or needs a breather? Yeah, I'm sick of that too.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
JdashSTL said:
Not completely against it, especially if he is the only one of the big 6 available....but he is probably not the best value here.

superfan24

Starter
DR RAM said:
JdashSTL said:
Not completely against it, especially if he is the only one of the big 6 available....but he is probably not the best value here.

Agreed wanna get a complete need covered at 6, but wouldn't be pissed if rams picked him. I mean who could be pissed seeing this guy subbing in and out with SJ. I know Sam wouldn't be.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
X said:
JdashSTL said:
Not even close to against it. What ALWAYS happens when Jackson gets hurt or needs a breather? Yeah, I'm sick of that too.

I was just wondering if folks were looking at the depth of RBs in this draft and the value of RBs nowadays and that would make them not lean towards TR early in the draft. I have ZERO issues with taking him at 6, especially when factoring in the rookie salary.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
If he's available at #6, I'd be doing cartwheels to the podium to draft him. Not only do we get lock-up a position for the next 9 or so years that is extremely important in a run-first offense, but I also think he's the most "sure thing" of all of the offensive players. I'd let SJax carry the load this year and then TR can start to pick it up next year, getting about 60-70% of the snaps, and then it would be all TR.

The only thing that would make me think twice is if for some reason both Kalil and TR fall to #6, then I might have to rethink taking TR.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
brokeu91 said:
If he's available at #6, I'd be doing cartwheels to the podium to draft him. Not only do we get lock-up a position for the next 9 or so years that is extremely important in a run-first offense, but I also think he's the most "sure thing" of all of the offensive players. I'd let SJax carry the load this year and then TR can start to pick it up next year, getting about 60-70% of the snaps, and then it would be all TR.

The only thing that would make me think twice is if for some reason both Kalil and TR fall to #6, then I might have to rethink taking TR.

If Kalil falls to 6 (would require lots of help from the football gods) I think you'd have to take him. You'd hearing cheering from the Rams draft room all the way in NY.

I still think you can win with a good (not great) LT, but if an elite talent falls into your lap how could you say no.

Just for the record, I'd be ecstatic if they drafted Richardson as well.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I actually would prefer TR over any of the top 6 aside from maybe Kalil. I really think we need to think about the future and we really need a RB to take over for SJ as he wears down. I also am sick of the fact that if SJ goes down, we have ZERO running game. We absolutely need to address that and I get the feeling if it is a choice between Blackmon and Richardson sitting there at 6, we grab TR. I know the conventional wisdom these days is that you don't take a RB that high. I call bullshit. The NFL is now a passing league, blah blah blah. Virtually EVERYONE who has a good passing attack can run the ball. Coincidence?

Who was the top WR taken that played in the last four SBs? Hines Ward went 25th and was the earliest pick at WR for any of the last 4 SB winners. I'm not saying that RBs for those teams went higher but all those teams could run the ball. Combine that with very good QB play, some time to throw the ball, and suddenly receivers taken well outside of the top 10 light it up.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
RamFan503 said:
I actually would prefer TR over any of the top 6 aside from maybe Kalil. I really think we need to think about the future and we really need a RB to take over for SJ as he wears down. I also am sick of the fact that if SJ goes down, we have ZERO running game. We absolutely need to address that and I get the feeling if it is a choice between Blackmon and Richardson sitting there at 6, we grab TR. I know the conventional wisdom these days is that you don't take a RB that high. I call bullshit. The NFL is now a passing league, blah blah blah. Virtually EVERYONE who has a good passing attack can run the ball. Coincidence?

Who was the top WR taken that played in the last four SBs? Hines Ward went 25th and was the earliest pick at WR for any of the last 4 SB winners. I'm not saying that RBs for those teams went higher but all those teams could run the ball. Combine that with very good QB play, some time to throw the ball, and suddenly receivers taken well outside of the top 10 light it up.

Hakeem Nicks was a first round pick in 2009. If we're talking about the losing side as well, the answer is Larry Fitzgerald. Hines Ward was a third round pick, not a first.

I'm not disagreeing with your point at all. Just pointing out that part of your sentence. Otherwise, I completely agree.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Memento said:
RamFan503 said:
I actually would prefer TR over any of the top 6 aside from maybe Kalil. I really think we need to think about the future and we really need a RB to take over for SJ as he wears down. I also am sick of the fact that if SJ goes down, we have ZERO running game. We absolutely need to address that and I get the feeling if it is a choice between Blackmon and Richardson sitting there at 6, we grab TR. I know the conventional wisdom these days is that you don't take a RB that high. I call BS. The NFL is now a passing league, blah blah blah. Virtually EVERYONE who has a good passing attack can run the ball. Coincidence?

Hakeem Nicks was a first round pick in 2009. If we're talking about the losing side as well, the answer is Larry Fitzgerald. Hines Ward was a third round pick, not a first.

I'm not disagreeing with your point at all. Just pointing out that part of your sentence. Otherwise, I completely agree.

Holmes was also a 1st round pick.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
JdashSTL said:
Memento said:
RamFan503 said:
I actually would prefer TR over any of the top 6 aside from maybe Kalil. I really think we need to think about the future and we really need a RB to take over for SJ as he wears down. I also am sick of the fact that if SJ goes down, we have ZERO running game. We absolutely need to address that and I get the feeling if it is a choice between Blackmon and Richardson sitting there at 6, we grab TR. I know the conventional wisdom these days is that you don't take a RB that high. I call BS. The NFL is now a passing league, blah blah blah. Virtually EVERYONE who has a good passing attack can run the ball. Coincidence?

Holmes was also a 1st round pick.

You're right. I completely forgot about Holmes.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Memento said:

I'm not disagreeing with your point at all. Just pointing out that part of your sentence. Otherwise, I completely agree.[/quote]

Sorry - I meant Santonio 25th in '06 - my bad. I think Nicks was 27th or 29th. Kinda what I'm talking about. Far from an early first and almost a 2nd.