Softli: C Long is primed to take another step in his career

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
[101]97584234[/101]
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.101sports.com/podcasts/rams-insider-tony-softli-tells-the-turn-chirs-long-is-primed-to-take-another-step-in-his-career/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.101sports.com/podcasts/rams- ... is-career/</a>

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Re: Softli: C Long is primed to take another step in his car

Good post.

He's ready to eat at the 18-20 sack table this season. Much of it is him, but the rest is his line mates and backers. Brockers will be as unstoppable as we have seen a DT be St. Louis. Softli said Brockers first step has got as fast as he has ever seen and he's about 325 # of solid muscle.

I don't know the exact % but it seems about half a players sacks are from their efforts alone the rest are from teammates pushing the pocket. He's gonna benefit from that this year.

A55VA6

Legend

I feel Chris Long should be able to post a monster season. He needs to make a pro bowl too. But I guess since fans vote, it won't happen. People never vote for Rams players.

nighttrain

Legend

Yamahopper said:
Good post.

He's ready to eat at the 18-20 sack table this season. Much of it is him, but the rest is his line mates and backers. Brockers will be as unstoppable as we have seen a DT be St. Louis. Softli said Brockers first step has got as fast as he has ever seen and he's about 325 # of solid muscle.

I don't know the exact % but it seems about half a players sacks are from their efforts alone the rest are from teammates pushing the pocket. He's gonna benefit from that this year.
Brockers and Langford improving will be huge. A stout rush from these two opens it up for the DE's. Collapse the pocket and force the QB outside
train

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

nighttrain said:
Yamahopper said:
Good post.

Brockers and Langford improving will be huge. A stout rush from these two opens it up for the DE's. Collapse the pocket and force the QB outside
train

This is too true. Anytime an edge guy is putting up big numbers as far as sacks and pressures and hits there is always a big guy in the middle taking care of business. Now that Long has that, he is poised to be one of the top pass rushers in the NFL, no doubt in my mind. I'd like to see him in the Pro Bowl. If Brockers goes too that will be awesome.

This DL is excellent and is still trending up because they are mostly very young.

nighttrain

Legend

LesBaker said:
nighttrain said:
Yamahopper said:
Good post.

train

This is too true. Anytime an edge guy is putting up big numbers as far as sacks and pressures and hits there is always a big guy in the middle taking care of business. Now that Long has that, he is poised to be one of the top pass rushers in the NFL, no doubt in my mind. I'd like to see him in the Pro Bowl. If Brockers goes too that will be awesome.

This DL is excellent and is still trending up because they are mostly very young.
thanks for the compliment on my thot's Les
train

jap

Legend

I hope The Mighty Quinn has increased his strength so he can display more ballast against the rush. Additionally, I hope both Chris and Quinn has increased their grip strength. I hate to see these DE's get their paws on opposing QB's only to see the QB's jerk free and scamper for a (usually) big gain. They need to own these QB's once the mitts are locked in.

iced

I still don't understand how we didn't have any pro bowlers with the #1 sack defense in the NFL...

yet JPP posts a meager 6 sacks... (our BACKUP hayes had more!!)

yea, it's not a popularity contest :roll:

fearsomefour

Legend

The same reason Fitzgerald can amass a WHOLE 700 yards receiving and make the Pro-Bowl. Its a joke. Seeing how most fans have little knowledge or care little for line play it makes that part doubly tough.

fearsomefour

Legend

If you look at Long and his sack numbers and age, a few monster sack total seasons could really propel him toward a HOF career. Of course, winning a title or two could cement that. I know I am getting ahead of myself here, but, Long is proving to be one of the best, most consistant and most durable DE in football.
But, no Pro-Bowls. It is a non sensical popularity contest, which is why the very average Lynn Swann is in the Hall of Fame and Henry Ellard is not. A total DISGRACE.

"He caught only 336 passes for 5,462 yards and 51 touchdowns in nine years. That means, his annual season average was 37 catches, 606 yards and 6 touchdowns. How anyone can consider those to be Hall of Fame numbers is beyond my understanding."

That is all you need to know about Swann. Now look up Ellards' numbers.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

I hope our front 7 can stay healthy; because if so they can be really special in 2013.

That was really funny (around 10min mark) when the panel practically refused to commit to the 49'ers as a top team. Uh, uh, uh,... it's a little early to predict... uh, uh, uh.

jap

Legend

fearsomefour said:
If you look at Long and his sack numbers and age, a few monster sack total seasons could really propel him toward a HOF career. Of course, winning a title or two could cement that. I know I am getting ahead of myself here, but, Long is proving to be one of the best, most consistant and most durable DE in football.
But, no Pro-Bowls. It is a non sensical popularity contest, which is why the very average Lynn Swann is in the Hall of Fame and Henry Ellard is not. A total DISGRACE.

"He caught only 336 passes for 5,462 yards and 51 touchdowns in nine years. That means, his annual season average was 37 catches, 606 yards and 6 touchdowns. How anyone can consider those to be Hall of Fame numbers is beyond my understanding."

That is all you need to know about Swann. Now look up Ellards' numbers.

Regarding Lynn Swann, I remember a scout commenting that Isaac Bruce in his early years had already made more "Lynn Swann"-type catches (the sliding receptions at ground level) than Lynn ever had in his entire career.

I have hated the stupid trend in major sports to allow the ignorant general public to choose all stars---rendering the distinction meaningless. I much preferred it when the players and coaches only were making the call. I am not to crazy about writers voting either. The old school savvy writers who knew their stuff were OK---these modern jokers don't know a 'Snoop Dogg' from a red dog.