So What is Britt's Value? $$$

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
He's an obvious re-sign, awesome Ram.

I'd say 3 year 15 million and guranteed 7.5. Sound good?

ChrisW

Stating the obvious

I'd say that sounds about right. The only thing I worry about with him is guaranteed money. I want him to fear getting cut if he screws up. no sense of security is helping him right now.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'd say that sounds about right. The only thing I worry about with him is guaranteed money. I want him to fear getting cut if he screws up. no sense of security is helping him right now.

That's fair

Maybe a more incentive latent deal is key.

Alan

Legend
Before anyone even thinks about limiting his salary in any way they should realize that the Rams won't be the only ones in the bidding. Other teams see the same thing we do.

Well be lucky to keep him IMO.

Last edited:

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Before anyione even thinks about limiting his salary in any way they should realize that the Rams won't be the only ones in the bidding. Other teams see the same thing we do.

Other teams know he's a head case that plays well under Fisher, too. They wanna over pay then that's their decision. I won't lose sleep over it either. I think resigning Barks is more important.

3 year 15 is fair.

A55VA6

Legend
I'm not a numbers guy, but I sure hope he stays a Ram. I love his determination and he's played very well this season. I still think he's an important piece to Brian Quick's development going forward.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Before anyone even thinks about limiting his salary in any way they should realize that the Rams won't be the only ones in the bidding. Other teams see the same thing we do.

I don't think he wants to leave St. Louis and Jeff Fisher, and I hope other teams realize that Fisher is the only coach that can get Britt to behave and perform. If they want to risk it on Britt, that's their mistake.

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
if he had a descent QB throwing to him this year he'd be over 1000 yards easily... sigh :( we need a quarterback

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
He moved the chains well with Shaun Hill, imagine what he can do with a real QB.

Alan

Legend
mr.stlouis not impressed with his value:
Other teams know he's a head case that plays well under Fisher, too. They wanna over pay then that's their decision. I won't lose sleep over it either.
I think you're greatly under valuing his worth to the Rams. With him we don't need to spend a high draft pick on a WR without him it's another big hole to fill and we don't have enough capital to get what we need now much less add another one. Plus I thinks he's our best WR.

TheDYVKX thinking sentimental discount:
I don't think he wants to leave St. Louis and Jeff Fisher, and I hope other teams realize that Fisher is the only coach that can get Britt to behave and perform. If they want to risk it on Britt, that's their mistake.
Possibly but this is his last chance to get the "big deal" and I seriously doubt he'll want to settle for less than what he can get. As for what the other teams think, do you think he's the same guy now that he was before? I don't and I'm probably not alone in thinking that. In any case, I don't want to lose him if we can keep him.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
He has played exceptionally well given that our expectations were low. When a player does that he normally lines himself up for a big payday. And I'm all for that. However, can he do for more than one season? If I were handing out the NFL funny money to him I'd go with a higher salary, with little guaranteed.

We won't really know our cap situation until we figure out how we'll be handling the QB position.

It's a really interesting question though as he as looked like an NFL receiver out there.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I think you're greatly under valuing his worth to the Rams. With him we don't need to spend a high draft pick on a WR without him it's another big hole to fill and we don't have enough capital to get what we need now much less add another one. Plus I thinks he's our best WR.

Possibly but this is his last chance to get the "big deal" and I seriously doubt he'll want to settle for less than what he can get. As for what the other teams think, do you think he's the same guy now that he was before? I don't and I'm probably not alone in thinking that. In any case, I don't want to lose him if we can keep him.

You could be right. But I'd play hard ball and play Bailey if somebody wants to give him 7-9 mil a year. Forget that! I wouldn't do it, nope.

I still wanna put the money on the OL more than any other position. I want Cutler if he's available, too.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Looking at the list on Sportrac make me think something between $5-6M per year should be reasonable he may want something longer than 3 years that would make him 29 and probably on the outside of scoring a big payday.

Maybe 5 years at $6M would be a good compromise of length and a decent payday??

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
No disrespect to anyone here, but I think y'all are nuts if you think there's no market for Britt that will make it difficult for us to resign him. He's the best WR on our team, and that includes when Quick was playing.
Pay the man what he's worth, letting him walk would be a major mistake.
Hopefully he wants to stay and we can get a deal done Asap.
For all the trash he talked all through training camp I can't think of one time during the season he mouthed off during a game. I think the only reason he pulled that crap during training camp was because Fish told him to toughen the team up a bit.
We need this guy back.

Alan

Legend
mr.stlouis liking the fallback option:
You could be right. But I'd play hard ball and play Bailey if somebody wants to give him 7-9 mil a year. Forget that! I wouldn't do it, nope.
There's a good reason why Britt is getting more snaps than Bailey. Possibly Bailey will be better than Britt in the future but he's not now and there's no guarantee he ever will be.

Of course we might lose Britt and have to go with him anyway. Going to be an interesting off season in so many ways.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I am 100% sold on Britt.
Give the man a QB and watch him explode.

In many offenses, Britt is the kind of guy you can force feed the ball to and win that way, imo.
we have not had that since the last #81 in horns.
(Don't you dare say Mardy Gilyard!)

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I definitely want him back...I also want another big wr to groom...Like a DGB, under the tutalage of Keeny Britt. I'd say he's worth whatever Cook gets...and we give him a good portion up front.....gotta pay our performers, and get rid of the baggage...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Seems fair. Might offer him 4 years $20 million if I feel very confident in him. Britt may not want something that long term, though. Because if he puts a couple 1000 yard seasons together and stays out of trouble, he could get a nice pay-day at 28-29 years old on the market.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I have to believe Britt wants to stay. Fisher, revived career, Sam Bradford(?), improved line(?). LOTS of potential to have a big season and make a name for himself. If I were him I would seek a 2 year.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Britt, Quick, Bailey and Austin are going to be a formidable group over the next few seasons.