So Close and Yet....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

F. Mulder

Starter
Hey Jack- thanks for taking the time! The Rams of the early/mid 70s were always considered one of the top teams in the NFL. You guys were constantly being mentioned as Super Bowl players and often overall champs and the regular season usually backed that up.

My question is why do you think so many great Ram teams you were part of, came up short? Was it bad luck? Did the other teams out play you? Did you guys not play your best games? Was it coaching? Any insight as to your opinions why the JYB Rams didn't have 2-3 Rings is greatly appreciated.

FWIW, I have very few heroes in life, and especially in sports but you are my #1 sports hero and one reason I am proud to be a Rams fan.

Thank you for your kinds words. Those years were tough and frustrating. We got close too many times and couldn't finish. There are many things that have to happen to get to the top and for whatever reason it just didn't happen on that given day. but the gratifying thing was we never stopped believing and continued to push. We made it. The result wasn't what we wanted but we made it. I wish there were 2-3 rings believe me .. but the men I went to battle with and the friendships formed through all of that took a little of the sting out of losing those championship games. I do wish the rams could have won some titles for fans like you , but I hope you saw us leave it on the field every game.