Snead is a Wizard

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
So many UDFA's that might make the team, where does he find these guys?
The Cunningham thread is a prime example. Even if BC doesn't even make the team(he will), he has provided some serious competition in camp. Every one of our guys knows he has to fight for his spot, that is invaluable.

If Snead keeps finding these hidden nuggets, we will be a very deep team in a hurry. Having a lot of cheap talent on the roster will certainly help when it's time to resign one of the core players, like Sam. It will also give us the ability to draft players with high upside that we can take time to develop.

This guy has been a home-run for us for sure....

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
He never stops working ... that's how. Even during the season, he'll drive back from away games and scout players along the way. He calls it "working my way back home."

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
He got burned on the Pead/Watkins trade down, but that's gonna happen from time to time when you're very aggressive.

More often than not, Snead gets it right.

The Brockers trade down was great. Looks like the Ogletree trade down was also.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I think he found some gems last year late in Matt Daniels, and Rodney Mcleod, Quinton Pointer, Matt Conrath, Corey Harkey, and Johnny Hekker.

This year, Bates, Stewart, Armstrong, Rivers, and Cunningham. I can see possibly 3 stars emerge from this group.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Yeah, but have you seen his hair ?

Seriously, I feel our team is in very capable hands finally.

FRO

Legend
max said:
He got burned on the Pead/Watkins trade down, but that's gonna happen from time to time when you're very aggressive.

He did get burned by that putting into consideration what he passed up. I know fans love trading down in drafts, but having more picks in a draft doesn't mean you will get better players. Also not every pick in every draft is going to work. On the whole you can't ask for much more out of a GM. Signing players like Finnagen, Long, Cook, drafting guys like Brockers, Jenkins, Givens, Austin, Ogletree, he has added some big time talent to this roster. They are building it from the ground up. Get young players and develop them. What's great is that we have 2 more first round picks next year.

FRO

Legend
X said:
He never stops working ... that's how. Even during the season, he'll drive back from away games and scout players along the way. He calls it "working my way back home."
He is a lifer. He is doing a phenomenal job.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
Ahhh but you have to place the credit where credit is due...Snead is by far the greatest GM we've had in sooo long a time...

Thanks Fisher and Kevin for bringing Snead to da house!

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Selassie I said:

This is why I posted this, can't ever remember feeling so confident about the top end of the organization.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
FRO said:
max said:

He did get burned by that putting into consideration what he passed up. I know fans love trading down in drafts, but having more picks in a draft doesn't mean you will get better players. Also not every pick in every draft is going to work. On the whole you can't ask for much more out of a GM. Signing players like Finnagen, Long, Cook, drafting guys like Brockers, Jenkins, Givens, Austin, Ogletree, he has added some big time talent to this roster. They are building it from the ground up. Get young players and develop them. What's great is that we have 2 more first round picks next year.

Yeah, he got burned all right.

He had 2 LBs that they were targeting and figured one of them would slide a few picks later. But they didn't. One was Mychal Kendricks who is playing well for the Eagles. The other is Bobby Wagner of the Seahawks.

Lesson

Oh, really?
max said:

I don't think that's fair to say until the book on Pead has been written.

nighttrain

Legend
PowayRamFan said:
Selassie I said:

This is why I posted this, can't ever remember feeling so confident about the top end of the organization.
i'm lovin Fisher and Snead, but after linny zigggy & shaw where could you go but up?
train

V3

Hall of Fame
I know it's the start of the season and people are excited but can we first see what the players do before we go anointing Snead as a genius. We haven't made the playoffs and we don't have any payers that have made the pro bowl. He hasn't proven anything yet. I remember a lot of people thinking Devaney was a good GM after his first season. Time will tell.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
V3 surprising us all:
I know it's the start of the season and people are excited but can we first see what the players do before we go anointing Snead as a genius.
Are you saying you're against irrational exuberance? :shock:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
nighttrain said:
PowayRamFan said:
Selassie I said:

i'm lovin Fisher and Snead, but after linny zigggy & shaw where could you go but up?
train

Too true. Unfortunately, too true. I SO look forward to those guys being specs in my rear view mirror. They're still bending us over the wood pile and it is going to take a lot of good management to scour out that blight.

Like Fish says, we still have a long ways to go - but I like our direction.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
V3 said:
I know it's the start of the season and people are excited but can we first see what the players do before we go anointing Snead as a genius. We haven't made the playoffs and we don't have any payers that have made the pro bowl. He hasn't proven anything yet. I remember a lot of people thinking Devaney was a good GM after his first season. Time will tell.
You literally stole the words outta my brain. I remember calling into Sirius NFL Radio and asking Tim Ryan if he thought the Rams were finally ready to be relevant again when we hired Spags and Devaney. He was like, ummmmmm.... I thought it was weird then, but he must have known something. Lets just wait to see if any of these players can get it done, ya know, in an ACTUAL GAME.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

V3

Hall of Fame
albefree69 said:
V3 surprising us all:
I know it's the start of the season and people are excited but can we first see what the players do before we go anointing Snead as a genius.

I've been burned before. Just trying to remind others of the pain to try and spare them.

It's fine to be hopeful but I'm not about to say Snead is a great GM, yet. He already has two high draft picks that are big question marks.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
V3 having better luck than me:
I've been burned before. Just trying to remind others of the pain to try and spare them.

It's fine to be hopeful but I'm not about to say Snead is a great GM, yet. He already has two high draft picks that are big question marks.
I started a thread a few weeks ago that tried to talk about this and some posters made an attempt to smack me down. It's good to see that you're getting a more reasoned response than I did. :bg:

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
V3 said:
albefree69 said:
V3 surprising us all:

Maybe, but for every "questionable" high pick he has found later round gold.
Although the jury is still out on some of these guys, overall he has improve the HELL out of this team.

Bottom line for me, this is first time I feel confident about who's calling the shots since Carroll Rosenbloom was kille, er, died.