Snap Counts vs 49ers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
https://nflcdns.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/58341/LA_Gamebook.pdf

Offense
1606747678669.png

Defense
1606747784012.png

ST
1606748065138.png

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What am I missing with the Josh Reynolds Van Jefferson situation ? Reynolds playing 98% of the snaps and Jefferson not playing? Reynolds often runs lazy routes and doesn’t give his all when he doesn’t think he’s getting the ball. We already know what Reynolds is a 6-3 wr who isn’t good winning contested catches. His peak is like 8 catches for 90 yds which he does randomly and sporadically and than disappears.

Seems to me like Van has shown flashes of being something more every opportunity we give him. Most of the times when he runs a rout or makes a catch I think to myself “that doesn’t look like a rookie”

Am I missing something?

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Both Ramsey and Williams sat out a bunch. I think that there was something going with Ramsey, he sat out, he was a ghost all game until the penalty, and I'm probably reading too much into it but I found it odd that he was the only one wearing a ski mask on the field. Maybe he's sick or something.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Less Hollins, Reeder, and Reynolds. Hoping Ogbo can suit up against AZ. If Brown and Hendo can't get going, more Akers please. With Goff struggling at QB right now, I don't think the additional pass protection from Brown v Akers is really going to help one way or another.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
What am I missing with the Josh Reynolds Van Jefferson situation ? Reynolds playing 98% of the snaps and Jefferson not playing? Reynolds often runs lazy routes and doesn’t give his all when he doesn’t think he’s getting the ball. We already know what Reynolds is a 6-3 wr who isn’t good winning contested catches. His peak is like 8 catches for 90 yds which he does randomly and sporadically and than disappears.

Man, is there a better avatar for this season's offense than Josh Reynolds? Two weeks ago he has a career day against Seattle, catching everything in sight and playing out of his mind. And yesterday he just fucking flops and gives a pathetic effort.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Seems to me like Van has shown flashes of being something more every opportunity we give him. Most of the times when he runs a rout or makes a catch I think to myself “that doesn’t look like a rookie”

Am I missing something?
I think it's the blocking. Van is not a good blocker and McVay requires that.

But Reynolds is just out there eating snaps I agree. He's mediocre as F. And he's part of the reason our passing game sucks.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

Am I missing something?

Josh runs that deep route with purpose and the entire game ends up differently.

Seriously, that may be one of the only times in the McVay era that I've seen a WR run a lazy route.

Reynolds should be sat for that... and against the 9ers??? grrrrr.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Why isn't Polite playing more? I understand that he's the backup to Floyd, but you'd think that since he's been great with limited stats...something's up.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Why isn't Polite playing more? I understand that he's the backup to Floyd, but you'd think that since he's been great with limited stats...something's up.
I dont think he's been great, to be honest outside that one snap in the 1st game I've really haven't seen anything special from him. Was hoping we had scored picking him up. Still hoping he can reach his potential especially with Lewis having knee issues.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Is there anyone on the planet that thinks Reynolds should have had significantly more snaps then Cooper Kupp??

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Is there anyone on the planet that thinks Reynolds should have had significantly more snaps then Cooper Kupp??

I don't think Kupp has fully recovered from his injury. I saw him grabbing his arm again during the game, or something like that. He was certainly having a look at his wrist.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I believe the Rams will let Reynolds and Floyd both walk, after this season. They can easily be replaced with Jefferson and Lewis and should be worth some pretty high comp picks.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
I believe the Rams will let Reynolds and Floyd both walk, after this season. They can easily be replaced with Jefferson and Lewis and should be worth some pretty high comp picks.
Not so fast on Lewis. Leonard Floyd at least has been healthy throughout his career and Lewis has been nursing one injury after another at Alabama and now with us.
Jury is still out regarding his ability to get healthy and stay healthy and produce on the field.

~ArkyRamsFan~

Tano

Legend
I would like to see more Robinson and less Ebukam but how do you do that?

Psycho_X

Legend
Both Ramsey and Williams sat out a bunch. I think that there was something going with Ramsey, he sat out, he was a ghost all game until the penalty, and I'm probably reading too much into it but I found it odd that he was the only one wearing a ski mask on the field. Maybe he's sick or something.

McVay said Ramsey was having a "little hip issue" or something to that effect in pregame so they limited his snaps. Why Williams got even fewer snaps is a mystery to me at the moment though. Hadn't heard of him getting injured other than his hard fall in Tampa game but thought they said it was no big deal. Two best corners on a snap count is no bueno though.

Reynolds I could take or leave. He's a decent number 3 or 4 receiver but not worth a free agent contract to us. Lewis can't even stay healthy and might have a chronic knee problem. And if healthy I am high on him but he's shown nothing to me that says he can replace Floyd's production and savviness to date. At least in Staley's defense. If we lose our DC than my thoughts could change depending on who replaces him.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
https://www.si.com/nfl/rams/news/la-rams-week-12-personnel-report-vs-niners

PERSONNEL GROUPING (OFFENSE)
Source: Next Gen Stats

Total plays: 61 (excluding penalties)
11 (One RB, One TE, 3 WRs) Pass -- 30. Run – 24. Total: 54
12 (One RB, Two TEs, 2 WRs) Pass – 3. Run – 3. Total: 6
13 (One RB, Three TEs, 1 WRs) Pass – 0. Run – 1. Total: 1

PASSING BY PERSONNEL GROUPING

Jared Goff
11: 16-for-28 (57.14 percent) for 150 yards, with zero TD and two INT. Goff was sacked two times, posting an 42.3 passer rating.
12: 3-for-3 (100.0 percent) for 48 yards, with zero TDs and zero INT. Goff was not sacked and posted an 118.8 passer rating.

RUSHING BY PERSONNEL GROUPING

11: 24 for 123 yards (1.63 average) Long: 61. 1 TD
12: 3 for 4 yards (1.33 average) Long: 3. 0 TD
13: 1 for minus-1 yards (minus-1.0 average) Long: minus-1. 0 TD

PERSONNEL GROUPINGS (DEFENSE)
Total plays: 70 (excluding penalties)
Base (4 DBs): Pass – 5. Run – 16. Total -- 21
5 DBs: Pass – 20. Run – 15. Total – 35.
Dime-plus (6 or more DBs): Pass – 12. Run – 2. Total – 14.

PASS RUSH
Total plays: 37
Rush 3 – 4 (10.8 percent) Sacks -- 0
Rush 4 – 28 (75.7 percent). Sacks -- 1
Rush 5 – 5 (13.5 percent). Sacks-- 1.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Staley got 2 tackles from Hollins & 1 tackle from Ebukam zero sacks from both of them from that OLB'er post opposite Floyd. Both Polite & Patrick go zero snaps.

One has to think that the right side edge needs to get much more production from it if this defense is to help win games from this point on.

Not sure just what Okornkwo & Lewis (if he can get healthy) will do but I am expecting overall improvement if both of the past unhealthy ER's Lewis & Okornkwo get a heavy amount of snaps over the other two ER's especially Ebukam.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I would like to see more Robinson and less Ebukam but how do you do that?

Samson is starting to play a lot better.
-SJD is not 100% so Robinson should be more snaps.

Ebukham will show up Sunday imo.Hollins stinks & needs to get tougher.
OBO - is back,so will see who steps up.