Simone Biles is the GOAT ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
She's amazing. Having gone through all of the stuff she's gone through (abuse, the inability to detect where she's in the air - I think it's called "twisties"), she's persevered, and has done things no other girl has ever thought to do. Truly one of the most special gymnasts, and probably the best vaulter I've ever seen in my lifetime.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Why do I care this much about gymnastics? My younger sister (the older younger sister; she's currently working towards a medical degree, which is something she's really wanted) was a gymnast at one point (my other younger sister is a black belt in taekwondo and a hell of a musician, and she persevered through cerebral palsy and autism), and she was actually really good. My mom used to teach gymnastics to young girls at a summer camp.

So I learned a lot about gymnastics (especially since my gymnast sister insisted on playing "Stick It", a really annoying chick-flick of gymnastics every car ride to her meets). I learned to hate that movie...but I also learned a lot about how much these girls work towards their dreams, learned from my mom, mostly watched gymnastics on the Olympics, and marveled at how amazing they were, even when they failed, they had the courage to try, in front of millions, and it made me respect every gymnast.

Simone Biles truly is a powerful young lady, and from everything I've heard, a true role model for young girls, not just gymnasts.