SG Mock 18

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Shane Grandle

TE in a OT body
Name
RamsDCrep
1.23 Harold Landry EDGE 6'3 252 Boston College
Edge defender is probably the biggest need for the Rams, With a dominant middle push with Suh, Brockers, and Donald the Rams need someone who can come around the edge with the speed and make QB's step right into the pressure or have their heads taken off from the outside. Compared to Vic Beasley for his athleticism, Landry can step in Day 1 and add that speed factor around the edge, Still needing to develop some other moves, he may only start as a designated pass rusher, but with the new monsters in the middle I'm doubting there will be a ton of short yardage situations. He needs to be the Rams pick if available.

3.87 Brian O'Neill OT 6'7 305 Pitt
I think the Rams want to draft players to win now, but Brian O'Neill is a fantastic athlete who can step in as a backup at tackle and guard. Les Snead loves his senior bowl kids, and even though O'Neill didn't have the greatest week according to reports, he still showed off first round athletic ability and with time to sit could be a successor to Whitworth or fill in a spot left by Brown or Havenstein.

4.111 Micah Kiser ILB 6'2 240 Virginia
I do not like how much I like Micah Kiser (I'm a VT Hokies fan), but this is a high character guy with a thick build and who impressed at the combine. No one thought he would run a 4.66, but he can thump and play the run, and he is a sneaky good pass rusher from the ILB position. He would walk in day one and battle with Littleton and Hager for the other starting LB spot, and damnit I think he'll win it.

4.135 Holton Hill CB 6'3 200 Texas
A long athletic corner, he has a lot of talent, but has been suspended by Texas for breaking team rules. What's wrong with adding another highly talented, edgy personality to the team? I think he will fit right in and add to the swagger of Talib and Peters on the outside. Also would give the Rams a bit more depth and some future security if they can't keep Peters long term.

6.176 Daurice Fountain WR 6'1 210 Northern Iowa
A great athlete with meh receiver polish. Didn't play against any high end corner talent and would still disappear at times. Can make those acrobatic catches and big plays, but hasn't shown it outside of a stellar Shrine Game practice week. A late round flyer with deep threat and athletic upside.

6.183 Martez Carter RB 5'9 205 Gambling State
A deep sleeper at RB, Carter has great vision and a good pop in his athleticism. Not a premier athlete and didn't play against top competition, but reminds me of Benny Cunningham in his ability to catch the ball, and have a bit of wiggle when he runs. Does not shy away from contact and runs extremely hard. Could be a complimentary back and a solid special teamer.

6.194 Timon Parris OT/G 6'5 320 Stony Brook
Another depth play with some upside. Good athlete for the position, but I could see being a switch to guard a lot like Jamon Brown. Can lock his knees sometimes and is inconsistent. But with development and time he could be a serviceable tackle or guard.

6.195 Ade Aruna EDGE 6'6 262 Tulane
Was bumped to a 5T DE after a scheme change in college but plays much better on the outside. He gets eaten up by bigger tackles due to his pad level, but could correct that with some good coaching. Has the tools to play outside, but idk how much of a scheme fit he would be, a rotational defende with upside.

6.198 Shaun Dion Hamilton ILB 6' 233 Alabama
2 consecutive knee injuries have slowed down his career, but this is a smart inside linebacker who beat out and started over all the other kids at Alabama including Evans. He is smart, not only football smart, but valedictorian in high school smart. High character and effort player who will fit the scheme and benefit from the big 3 defensive linemen we have.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
I too like O'NEILL, but here's the caveat he is a converted TE we had one of those before at LT and he never gave up a sack his senior year at Baylor and how good did that turn out! So I am a little gun shy on converts. If we are still drafting at #23 due to no OBJ I think if all the OTs are there we need to look hard at them not ideal because Landry is a day 1 starter, but something needs to be sacrificed, but of Whit goes down so can our Offense. Just saying.

One pick I don't like is a CB in the 4th. If OBJ is not coming we need to identify if that player exists a great WR.

Our 3 big needs are Rush LB, WR, BU LT. I know we need an ILB but we have 3 on the roster currently and from what I gather from the posters Wade seems to find them later in the draft. We need to address the WR again unless OBJ, Gronk or Dez don't come.

Shane Grandle

TE in a OT body
Name
RamsDCrep
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I too like O'NEILL, but here's the caveat he is a converted TE we had one of those before at LT and he never gave up a sack his senior year at Baylor and how good did that turn out! So I am a little gun shy on converts. If we are still drafting at #23 due to no OBJ I think if all the OTs are there we need to look hard at them not ideal because Landry is a day 1 starter, but something needs to be sacrificed, but of Whit goes down so can our Offense. Just saying.

One pick I don't like is a CB in the 4th. If OBJ is not coming we need to identify if that player exists a great WR.

Our 3 big needs are Rush LB, WR, BU LT. I know we need an ILB but we have 3 on the roster currently and from what I gather from the posters Wade seems to find them later in the draft. We need to address the WR again unless OBJ, Gronk or Dez don't come.

Converted TE is a risk, but there have been plenty of them who make the transition and playreally well. Jason Peters, arguably the best OT in the last decade is a converted TE.

I also didn’t factor in any trades to the mock because it is impossible to actually guess what some people are willing to pay and move around for some pieces.

I also don’t believe the need at WR is as big as some people are making it out to be. I think the Rams genuinely like Reynolds and Thomas on the outside and really want to give them some run. Are they Watkins or OBJ? No but the offense isn’t designed to funnel through one guy.

But I do appreciate the comments and I can fully understand where you are coming from.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I like a draft with no trades to give a different perspective and all the picks cover needs love Hill at CB, feel Rams can do better than Carter at RB in the 6th (RB deep draft), but when you do watch Carter, he always does something that makes an impression that's for sure.

Overall if the Rams come away with Harold Landry and Brain O'Neill, the Rams would make this Ram fan sleep well at night.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Great draft. could definitely live with it. Would rather grab Antonio callaway than Fountain but he's my draft crush lol so its still good. Really like all the other picks as they are on my board.

Ram65

Legend
Like positions taken not up on all the players. Landry or Evans are my top wishes that could be available.

3.87 Brian O'Neill OT 6'7 305 Pitt

Rams may have to move up to get him.

Last edited:

Shane Grandle

TE in a OT body
Name
RamsDCrep
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Like positions taken not up on all the players. Landry or Evans are the top wishes that could be available.

Every mock I looked at had him in the 3rd round, but then the scouting reports would have him listed as a 2nd-3rd round talent, I wouldn’t be against moving up a few spots for a player the Rams love, probably a senior bowl standout.

Rams may have to move up to get him.