Self-scouting during the bye week

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
So, what's your issue you'd like the Rams to self-scout and work on this week?

- I'd love to see Goff re-adjust some of his mechanics, his accuracy has gotten a bit spotty as the season has progressed.
- I'd love to see Sammy get a finer grasp of the offense (read @jrry32's piece on the redzone miss).
- I'd like to see more runs with Gurley in the redzone (and do we have someone on the roster capable of catching a fade??)

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
- The deep passing game. This is a huge staple in McVays offense and we have to get Sammy and Josh going downfield.

- Redzone offense. Obviously.

- Running game. I say this because our longest run this season is 29 yards by Gurley. The blocking has been great. But I want to see a team that’s capable of scheming Gurley and Austin to rip off 50+ yarders.

I’m probably being picky. But if we want to remain the top offense in football, these things need to happen. Lets stretch the field out and see what happens.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
To be honest, I see McVay using the current offense because it's working. I think Goff feels comfortable being conservative with the ball.

McVay seems to be a very good "Take what they give us" play caller.

WestCoastRam

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
To be honest, I see McVay using the current offense because it's working. I think Goff feels comfortable being conservative with the ball.

McVay seems to be a very good "Take what they give us" play caller.

Interesting point, how much of us not going deep is teams playing coverage to eliminate the big play deep... could be a reason why Gurley seems such fewer 8 men boxes.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I just wonder if getting the TE's more involved in the Red Zone will help get us more TD's! I hate seeing us settle for FG's as much as we do!

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Sammy, Sammy, Sammy. I don't like how he stops routes. I don't like how he sits at the end of his route when the QB is scrambling to make a play.

Where's the Watkins that tore up the 49ers? Everyone knows he's a weapon. Let's get him caught up to speed.

I also liked the screen to Austin. Dude can be a playmaker in this league... just gotta' get him the ball in space. I would love to see some more screens involving him. Seems to me you could set up a screen to him once teams start keying on Gurley when we do that jet sweep/fake play.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, I guess I'd like to see if Austin and Watkins are fits and the Rams should keep them or not.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Red zone offense.
Sammy
Get Higbee and Everett more involved
Intermediate routes for Tavon
Work on deep ball
Plays that involve Thomas and Reynolds