Seashits Fans talk about Fairley signing

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=109432

Interesting responses
Nick Fairley Visiting the Rams (now signed)

There are worse strategies in the NFL than being really dominant at one thing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Except the Rams already have four D-Lineman who are arguably as good or better than the Hawks best lineman in 2013.

Agreed with Vols that being dominate in one area can be a really good strategy, I just think the Rams are ALREADY really dominate in that area.

Not to be too on the nose about it, but as the fans of other NFC West teams, heck, I think we should be ROOTING for the Rams to give a big deal to Fairley. That's money that they're not spending at OLB, Safety, WR, OG, etc.

If you want to increase you d-line rotational depth and d-line is already far and away the strength of your team, it's one of the best drafts in recent memory to do so. Using high ticket FA signings for anything except for hole-filling absolute needs just isn't the way to go about it, IMO.

Put another way, another really good d-lineman for the Rams is a luxury purchase. I just think making luxury purchases when some of your other cupboards are bare doesn't make any sense. I mean, they're competing on price with other teams that actually NEED a DT.
icon_lol.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Every year, it's the same story with these guys. Last year, they added Donald to an already stellar line ...and then lost more games than the year before. Let me know when they figure out their offense.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can't blame Bradford for their poor offense that last several years... except that he's fragile and breaks often.

Foles is likely a slight improvement from Shaun Hill... or maybe not.

I should add... to stay on topic... that Fairley doesn't scare me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meh...

His partner was the real player. Be interesting to see who he is as a player (after an injury) without Suh. Lions paid more for Ngata, which says enough.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Typical Jeff Fisher - he builds teams with limited skillsets, focuses on being bullies... and well, that's all.

They play dirty, they get in lots of fights, they talk tough... everyone is afraid of them because they worry their players will get hurt.

And then the Jeff Fisher team finishes 7-9 8-8 or 9-7

It's formula that has had his teams playing .500 football for the past 20 years!!!

I tell you, HELL of an NFL coach!

Corbin

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sorry don't know how to post proper like some of you behind enemy lines reporters :)

Adrian

UDFA
Name
vermeilsRE
http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=109432

Interesting responses
Nick Fairley Visiting the Rams (now signed)

There are worse strategies in the NFL than being really dominant at one thing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Except the Rams already have four D-Lineman who are arguably as good or better than the Hawks best lineman in 2013.

Agreed with Vols that being dominate in one area can be a really good strategy, I just think the Rams are ALREADY really dominate in that area.

Not to be too on the nose about it, but as the fans of other NFC West teams, heck, I think we should be ROOTING for the Rams to give a big deal to Fairley. That's money that they're not spending at OLB, Safety, WR, OG, etc.

If you want to increase you d-line rotational depth and d-line is already far and away the strength of your team, it's one of the best drafts in recent memory to do so. Using high ticket FA signings for anything except for hole-filling absolute needs just isn't the way to go about it, IMO.

Put another way, another really good d-lineman for the Rams is a luxury purchase. I just think making luxury purchases when some of your other cupboards are bare doesn't make any sense. I mean, they're competing on price with other teams that actually NEED a DT.
icon_lol.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Every year, it's the same story with these guys. Last year, they added Donald to an already stellar line ...and then lost more games than the year before. Let me know when they figure out their offense.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can't blame Bradford for their poor offense that last several years... except that he's fragile and breaks often.

Foles is likely a slight improvement from Shaun Hill... or maybe not.

I should add... to stay on topic... that Fairley doesn't scare me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meh...

His partner was the real player. Be interesting to see who he is as a player (after an injury) without Suh. Lions paid more for Ngata, which says enough.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Typical Jeff Fisher - he builds teams with limited skillsets, focuses on being bullies... and well, that's all.

They play dirty, they get in lots of fights, they talk tough... everyone is afraid of them because they worry their players will get hurt.

And then the Jeff Fisher team finishes 7-9 8-8 or 9-7

It's formula that has had his teams playing .500 football for the past 20 years!!!

I tell you, HELL of an NFL coach!
Let's ask the cardinals 1st string quarterback errr, 2nd stringer, uhmm, 3rd string quarterbaaaa... Let's ask Cardinal fans what our dline can do to a season!

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
I hate the Hags and I like the Fairely pick up but a few of them have a point.

We need to get better on the offensive side of the line, when we can put up some points that will make our D that much better. We got Foles and that's a start, now we need the o-line to come together

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Pretty typical some educated responses especially being it is not their own team and also enough ignorance to keep the rivalry alive and heated.

Athos

Legend

This from the SeaShit fans? Forget eating a dick.

Go eat a nice fresh cow patty.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I'm having a real tough time getting real giddy about how terrific the front 4 is...They aren't going to score enough points to win many games...Of course neither will the offense if they don't do something about Oline...I guess I kind of mirror Ky Ram's thought, however I still have some heartburn over the Ram secondary...If they are going to re-do the Oline in the draft, I say good luck with that...

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I hate the Hags and I like the Fairely pick up but a few of them have a point.

We need to get better on the offensive side of the line, when we can put up some points that will make our D that much better. We got Foles and that's a start, now we need the o-line to come together

Agreed some of what they said was spot on

RobertWinn

UDFA
Name
David
Lol this is quite a slurpfest.

I hate the 49ers more than anyone, but the Seachickens can get annoying.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I think of this like a puzzle.

Part of the pieces are in place and the picture looks awesome. Other areas of the puzzle don't quite have all the pieces in place...yet, but it's only March 13th. It's not like the regular season starts tomorrow.

I'm not panicking. Just because the Snisher has added to our strengths at this moment doesn't mean they won't address our weaknesses soon.

Corbin

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
This from the SeaShit fans? Forget eating a dick.

Go eat a nice fresh cow patty.
And then they can all choke on a cow dîck.... To be continued

Lesson

Oh, really?
Keep Barksdale and add 2 starting OL via draft or FA, and this team will make the POs.

tonyl711

Starter
good signing IMO, now resign Barksdale and an OG or OC in FA then draft a few OL and we should be OK, how can it be a bad thing making a strength stronger? this Dline is going to give DC nightmares.