Sean McVay discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dang

Legend
I am too lazy to see if this was already asked. McVay was 34 at the end of last season. Is he winningest NFL coach at the age of 34?

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Vince Lombardi was the best ever. The End.

First guy I thought of as GOAT. And he never cheated. (AFAIK)

I will never ever agree with anyone that Belicheat is the G word, just like back in the day I would never agree with anyone that Walsh was. Fuck the Whiners and Cheatriots.

For the Rams it hasn't been decided yet. But McVay has a chance to win a Bowl and gather more wins and accolades before his Ram career is done so he's in the driver's seat.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
George Allen, Chuck Knox and John Robinson all deserve mention for best Rams’ Head Coaches.

Consider where the Rams were before each of those three men were hired; and what they accomplished in their first season ... all comparable to what McVay did in Year 1.

Not meant as a criticism of McVay’s accomplishments.

Meant ... little bit ... as a criticism of those who ignore, or fail to know and respect the past.

F’ The Seahags . AFC guy ground Knox.

2nd time as a Rams HC he helped sink the ship.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
F’ The Seahags . AFC guy ground Knox.

2nd time as a Rams HC he helped sink the ship.

Hey! You be nice!

Seattle wasn’t in the Rams’ division when Chuck Knox coached the Seahawks. Heck they were not even in the NFC at that time.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Hey! You be nice!

Seattle wasn’t in the Rams’ division when Chuck Knox coached the Seahawks. Heck they were not even in the NFC at that time.
Exactly- F” The Hags & the division they came from. Donny Air was a better coach. He innovative a thing called the pass. A little different from the other team in the division well South of them with Bill Walsh & a thing called the West Coast Offense.

-Like I said Ground Chuck Meat was better the first time as a Head Coach as a Ram.Steve Largent bailed him out a lot.I mean Copper Kupp. that guy from Washington. Well I mean now we’re talking politics. —Washington.
I guess Eastern Washington??
Marv Levy wasn’t a bad coach.
Oh those memories—

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
BTW - let’s not forget about that Oregon coach Rich Brooks.I’d say Pete Carroll from USC is the better coach.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yeah - now Holmgren ? Great. KC ?? Confussed about the West Coast offense.Matt Lafleur? OH wait or is that Andy Reed ? I thought The Rams traded Dick Vermeil to KC for a first round pick.I’m getting really confussed now .It must be my Mad Mike head injury ??? Wait who built that team in the 90’s ? UCLA ? What - I’m thinking maybe I have GANG GREEN from Philly. Don’t bring up Jeff Fisher now you got thinking defense & Buddy Ryan. Wade Phillips?? Now I’m really confused?? Are we talking Tennessee or Houston.Maybe even New Orleans.

I can’t keep up with The NFL

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Just Glad Sean Mcvay is The Head Coach of The Rams when The Ram Fans start saying . WHOSE HOUSE ??
in SOFI 2021 where The SuperBowl will be Played!!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Actually, my point was the exact- opposite of ‘exactly’ but it’s all good.

You seem to be having a little bit of a stream-of-consciousness working here this morning.

All Good Bro — you know your Ram History better than myself? I just know 19 in a row and Chuck Knox was apart of it. —Drunk history though. I believe I was in Anaheim Stadium the last Ram Home game.I was dating(date) with this 405 chick.Before Cell Phones,but still gave out your number. I think I was working at Disney in some way or another. Goofy-

The story goes though,we were tailgating & making out pretty well in the parking lot.We had to wait for the 2nd half.It was the third base side.Her mom opened the gate.Actually I believe slide the gate & we were like Club level 30 yard line.There were a lot of open seats back then ??

-Just a drunk memory without a happy ending.I was a DUI ready to happen & she was no better.Beer for Beer.She was a Hot DLman.We are talking at least 2 talls after more than just a half of drinking & making out.
—Bingo - & Jerome Bettis was still a Ram.Chuck Knox I believed let Kevin Green(RIP) go ?

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Well, Fisher did bring us Aaron Donald, so he's got that going for him....
Fisher did a decent job fixing the mess that was left from the Linehan/Spags "dynasty". But yeah, the team would have been a winner if he would have trusted the offense to a modern aged mind. Seemed to me that he really thought he knew how to run an offense. However, he was dead wrong on the offense side of things and allowed the team to consistently play undisciplined football. Too many stupid penalties on both sides of the ball. He definitely gets a bad rap, I know I am guilty of it.
His "horrible coach" classification is in the category of "what could have been", as opposed to other losers that were in the "couldnt win a game if the other team didnt show up"
Kind of a cool story there too with Eddie George the head coach

I will say this about Fisher. Outside of 2010, when Bradford was winning OROY, the Rams were virtually unwatchable from 2007-2011. They were competitive under Fisher. They never got to .500 but they were more fun to watch. Of course McVay's performance made Fisher's look like an illusion.

I can see the DV argument, however for me personally, he had two bad seasons and then the best season in Rams history. If McVay had one losing season in four, I'd put DV above him.

For Martz - their first four years are identical - after that Martz never had another winning season, only had three total.

But look at what Martz inherited versus what McVay inherited.

And let's ask ourselves this:

What if Vermeil stayed and Martz got hired away to be a HC somewhere else?

Vermeil won a Superbowl. Whether the opinion is "without Martz, it doesn't happen" or not, he won the SB. That has to elevate him above everybody else. It works for Warner when "greatest Rams QB" discussions happen. Despite accumulating only 3 great years for the Rams, he's always considered "a great" because he won the SB. Better than Everett. Better than Goff. Better than Gabriel....according to popular opinion. Well, for my money, if it works for a QB, it should work for a HC.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Naw I still don’t think he’s better than Fisher. He’s a better coordinator but I don’t think McVay could have did what Fisher had to do.
Right now I have Vermeil, Fisher, Martz then McVay I think a Super Bowl would push him up there with Vermeil

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I will say this about Fisher. Outside of 2010, when Bradford was winning OROY, the Rams were virtually unwatchable from 2007-2011. They were competitive under Fisher. They never got to .500 but they were more fun to watch. Of course McVay's performance made Fisher's look like an illusion.

Vermeil won a Superbowl. Whether the opinion is "without Martz, it doesn't happen" or not, he won the SB. That has to elevate him above everybody else. It works for Warner when "greatest Rams QB" discussions happen. Despite accumulating only 3 great years for the Rams, he's always considered "a great" because he won the SB. Better than Everett. Better than Goff. Better than Gabriel....according to popular opinion. Well, for my money, if it works for a QB, it should work for a HC.

I thought it was a trade ? I think Vermicelli actually opened the door for Belacheat?? You tell me ?

—F””K Fisher !! I’ll give him credit for helping build The Rams franchise,but Les Snead deserves credit for doing what Fisher wanted.He almost went down with the ship.

Sean Mcvay has been excellent & in The End will be The Rams Best coach ever !!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Yes !!! That DESERVES a F””” FISHER for that Assignment!!!

Thank you LA RAM FANS & ED29 for getting rid of Jeff Fisher.Another 2 years under Jeff Fisher would have ruined The Franchise.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I’m add F””K MAD MIKE as well!! To say Dick Vermeil was not The Better coach would be insanity!!
Offensive Coaches ?? KC had one of The Best Offenses when Dick Vermeil was there.

Interesting to me with Sean Mcvay & Les Snead (Fisher) that The Rams have been the Youngest team in The NFL.

With all The Stats in The NFL a good one would be from 2012 to 2022 looking ahead a season. The Rams have to be the Youngest team by FAR
in age of a least 2years by average than the next Franchise??

dang

Legend
Win a SB then submit an application for best Rams coach ever. Win 5 SBs (Without cheating) then submit application for best NFL coach ever.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Win a SB then submit an application for best Rams coach ever. Win 5 SBs (Without cheating) then submit application for best NFL coach ever.

Well - SOFI stadium is going to Rock!’
Hate he lost to the 0-13 Jets.I guess being so close to LAX makes it fitting.
Will see if he becomes The Rams best coach Ever. Right now he is right up there. The Youngest HC ever in The NFL he is of NOW!!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Funny- the Jets game is on the NFL Network now. 5/24/21 21:00

Aulac

UDFA
Name
Smileless
I don't post often on here, so when I do, it is often a serious discussion.

I don't know how to control my emotion on this one, but I am so angry at Sean McVay! Creed Humphrey is the best performing center in the league this year, and instead we took Tutu Atwell, who ended his season by tripping over his own feet. Adding insult to injury, the Chiefs had to picked Humphrey up instead so now Mahomes has a fantastic young center.

I won't even get started on McVay not trying to retain John Fassel because his ego was hurt. The Rams probably have the worst ST in the league, when we used to have the best. Matt Gay is a product of Hekker, not McVay or Snead.

No experts were high on Tutu Atwell because it was such a far out of left field pick.

Rant over, I am livid!!!!!