Sean McVay discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
As a forever SuperBowl NFL fan.

I propose these 2 questions. Will start with the first,and add the 2nd which is to a lesser degree.

Is Sean Mcvay The best coach ever?

Ram coach ever ?

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Might go down as best Rams coach ever. It will be very hard to capture the leagues GOAT title.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Right now I’ll just say no to both,but after 2021 we may have a clearer answer to the 2nd question.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think he already is the best Rams coach ever.

The only one who has achieved more than him was Vermeil, but he also only had one good season as a Rams coach.

He's the only Rams coach to win the AP coach of the year award. He's one away from tying the most playoff wins by a Rams head coach too.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think he already is the best Rams coach ever.

The only one who has achieved more than him was Vermeil, but he also only had one good season as a Rams coach.

He's the only Rams coach to win the AP coach of the year award. He's one away from tying the most playoff wins by a Rams head coach too.
I agree.
I always struggle with the idea that Vermeil is the franchise best coach, solely due to the SB win. I mean, he had a worse record than Rich Brooks thru his first 2 seasons, and Brooks is in the conversation of worst ever. I only rate based on guys who I saw coach, so McVay is the top in my book now.
1. McVay
2. Martz
3. Robinson
4. Vermeil

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As for best ever. Even I'm touting that Bill Belichick is the GOAT coach.

But what is/was he without Brady? Not sure if he's any different than what he was before Brady.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
The Houston Astros are forever branded CHEATERS and get zero respect of any kind from the media and fans.

Bill Belicheat has been PROVEN to be a repeat cheater. REPEAT CHEATER. And somehow he is considered the GOAT of coaches by many.

That's a giant load of fucking bullshit.

Belicheat is the greatest CHEATER of all time. That's it. He's 100% NOT the GOAT of coaches.

Even the beloved Don Shula (RIP) would only refer to Belicheat as The Cheater until the day he died.

Open your eyes people.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Probably the greatest coach in Rams history is George Allen. Like McVay, he never had a losing season. In the 70's, Chuck Knox had 4 seasons as HC and won 4 NFC West titles, but could never get past the Cowboys or the Vikings in the playoffs. Robinson did well in the 80's. Yet, it was only Dick Vermeil who won a Super Bowl with the Rams, and that has to be weighted more than just wins and losses in the regular season.
1. George Allen
2. Dick Vermeil
3. Sean McVay
4. Jogn Robinson

I wouldn't call any Rams HC the best HC in the NFL.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I agree.
I always struggle with the idea that Vermeil is the franchise best coach, solely due to the SB win. I mean, he had a worse record than Rich Brooks thru his first 2 seasons, and Brooks is in the conversation of worst ever. I only rate based on guys who I saw coach, so McVay is the top in my book now.
1. McVay
2. Martz
3. Robinson
4. Vermeil

without looking, George Allen ? He will always be a Legend from the past that died at such a Great Football Moment.
When he was at Washington he had a special time as well.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
I still think Chuck Knox needs to be on this list.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's gotta win a championship to even be the best Rams coach ever. Who would've thought that Martz's one trip to the big game would be his only? Long way to go.

Ellard80

Legend
Unless things fall apart drastically he will likely go down as the best rams coach ever.

Best coach ever is going to be a long shot... to say the least.

Deac

Starter
Name
Sean
Until he wins championship, no for Rams.

1 Vermeil
2. Allen
3. McVay
4. Knox
5. Robinson

Best ever? That's some serious pipe dreams right there.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Unless things fall apart drastically he will likely go down as the best rams coach ever.

Best coach ever is going to be a long shot... to say the least.
Nothing is likely, my friend. Is he capable of winning a Super Bowl? Yes. But being capable and actually doing it are vastly different things. That's why I lost my mind when we won in 1999. So many years as a Rams fan and nothing until Super Bowl 34. Now it's 20 years later with two Super Bowl appearances, one with Martz and one with McVay.

Fifty-one years as a Rams fan and one Super Bowl win. No, nothing is likely.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
As a forever SuperBowl NFL fan.

I propose these 2 questions. Will start with the first,and add the 2nd which is to a lesser degree.

Is Sean Mcvay The best coach ever?

Ram coach ever ?

It's a little early to start a cult of personality. Maybe after some Super Bowl wins.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
That first Knox stint was the best Rams coaching ever. 5 years as coach and won west each year. 3 times in NFC championship.

Now that second stint is a whole other story

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
without looking, George Allen ? He will always be a Legend from the past that died at such a Great Football Moment.
When he was at Washington he had a special time as well.
Well, like I said, I only rate based on who I saw and the first coach I can remember was Ray Malavasi