Seahawks at Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Prime can fix this when he wakes up...

The truck is loaded for the tailgate! Couldn't leave without posting on the gameday thread!!!! GO RAMS!!!

I think our boys will respond well to last weeks game.

MOD EDIT:

If we want to be champions, we need to act like champions. The game has highs and lows. Roll with it.

And... here’s the usual jargon;

IT’S GAME DAY!

The GDT is a live thread tradition here at ROD.

While we all get fired up watching the game, please remember our core principles; we always show respect for our team and each other.

Despite the emotional highs and lows watching a game, we will moderate this thread with that in mind, however please refrain from name calling. This applies to players, the Rams organization, and others.

This is the core rule of the GDT. Moderators are tasked to issue thread bans, at a minimum, to maintain this standard.

This is our team. Win or lose. Good days and bad.

Go Rams!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

The truck is loaded for the tailgate! Couldn't leave without posting on the gameday thread!!!! GO RAMS!!!

Have fun. As for drinking this early, it’s 5pm somewhere....

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

I got you hooked up... I get up earlier than that lazy PT... LOL

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
See you there at the Coliseum! The Rams and the NFL, my "go to" place when I need some space from all the adversity the world throws at us. Life is hard and challenging for sure. Thanks for this port in the storm. Go Rams!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I got you hooked up... I get up earlier than that lazy PT... LOL

icon_lol.gif

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks-vs-los-angeles-rams-prediction-picks-2018

Seattle Seahawks vs. Los Angeles Rams Prediction and Preview
By Scott Whittum

ToddGurley_2018_1.jpg

Rams looking to bounce back from first loss

The Seattle Seahawks (4-4) and the Los Angeles Rams (8-1) will get together at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum for their second meeting of the season. Both teams are coming off tough losses, but after the horrific tragedy in Thousand Oaks, California, on Wednesday where 13 people lost their lives in a mass shooting, it puts things in perspective that football is a game and can bring communities together at the same time. Expect the atmosphere at the Coliseum on Sunday to be very emotional and electric as it will be a great opportunity for the Rams and their fans to show a strong united front to the world.

Seattle was manhandled physically in a 25-17 loss to the Los Angeles Chargers in a game that was not as close as the final score would indicate. Chris Carson got off to a nice start in the first quarter rushing the ball for 40 yards but left the game with a hip injury. Russell Wilson reverted to his form during the first two weeks where he took too many unnecessary sacks instead of throwing the ball away.

The defense couldn’t slow down Phillip Rivers as the Chargers threw for 226 yards and found a way to get timely big plays in the running game from Melvin Gordon. Also, the loss to the Chargers was the first home loss against an AFC team since a 34-12 loss to the Cincinnati Bengals on Oct. 30, 2011.

The Rams suffered their first loss of the season last week by a score of 45-35 to the New Orleans Saints at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. The Rams ran into an offensive buzzsaw as Drew Brees shredded their secondary for 346 passing yards and four touchdown passes. Alvin Kamara was another problem for Los Angeles as Kamara rushed for 82 yards and two touchdowns, which was enough to keep the Rams defensive line at bay.

Jared Goff did a very good job of getting Los Angeles back in the game during the second half as Goff threw for 391 yards along with three touchdown passes and one interception. Todd Gurley was kept in check running the football as rushed for 68 yards on 13 carries and should have been utilized a little bit more as 13 touches is not enough for Gurley.

Seattle at Los Angeles Rams

Kickoff: Sunday, Nov. 11 at 4:25 p.m. ET

TV: CBS

Spread: Rams -9.5

Three Things to Watch

1. Seahawks' wide receivers against Rams' secondary

With the issues that Marcus Peters has had in recent weeks for Los Angeles you can expect Seattle offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer to go after Peters and the rest of the Rams secondary. The idea of putting together sustained drives is great on paper, but the Seahawks wide receiver trio of Doug Baldwin, David Moore and Tyler Lockett is going to have to play well Moore caught three passes for 38 yards and two touchdowns in Week 5 against the Rams.

Lockett also caught three passes for 98 yards and a touchdown. If they can get separation against press coverage it will set Wilson up to try and launch a few medium to long passes to stretch the Los Angeles defense out. If they don’t and the offensive line struggles against Aaron Donald, then all bets are off.

2. Pound the rock with Todd Gurley

Gurley should see the ball at least 25 times on Sunday between running and catching balls out of the backfield. In the teams' first meeting, Gurley rushed for 77 yards on 22 carries and scored three touchdowns. In addition, Gurley caught four passes for 36 yards against the Seahawks defense. K.J. Wright should end up getting assigned to Gurley in pass coverage and that will be a great one on one matchup all afternoon long.

The fly sweep is going to be a weapon for head coach Sean McVay against the Seattle defense. Wide receiver Robert Woods rattled off 53 yards on a pair of fly sweep runs during the first meeting in Seattle this season. Expect that fly sweep implemented within the first two series to get the Seahawks on their heels quickly on defense.

3. Jared Goff vs. Seahawks' secondary

The Seahawks secondary had an up and down afternoon in their first matchup with Goff this season. Goff threw for 321 yards, but Seattle did come up with two interceptions at key moments. Patience is going to be important for the Seahawks secondary as they are going to give up yards what they can ill afford to do is give up too many chunk plays on Sunday.

Wide receiver depth should also play to Goff’s advantage as Cooper Kupp and Brandin Cooks are going to have advantages over Shaquill Griffin and Justin Coleman, the cornerbacks for Seattle. Goff will methodically pick apart this Seahawks secondary over the course of four quarters and get another 250-300-yard type of performance.

Final Analysis

This will be a fascinating game to watch unfold as both teams have a sense of urgency to get this win for multiple reasons. First, Los Angeles needs to keep pace with the Saints as it doesn’t look like they are slowing down anytime soon. Next, Seattle needs this to avoid a second two-game losing streak this season and to get back over the .500 mark.

Keeping the game close and getting it to the fourth quarter will provide the best chance to win for the Seahawks. They are going to have to avoid the catastrophic turnover that results in a defensive touchdown. So ball security and sound decision making by Wilson are going to be vital this week. Bottom line, Seattle is going to give a solid effort, but they will fall short against the Rams on Sunday.

On the other side, Los Angeles will be able to keep pace with the Saints in the race for home field advantage in the NFC playoff picture and also bring at least a little bit of joy to the community by winning their ninth game this season.

Prediction: Rams 27, Seahawks 16

— Written by Scott Whittum, who is part of the Athlon Contributor Network. Follow him on Twitter @ScottWhittum.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'm concerned about the field condition at the Colesium. Trojans played a game there last night and didn't finish the game until almost 11pm. Not much time to get a field ready. Expect to see the Trojan logo at mid-field bleed through the Ram logo again.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
upload_2018-11-11_11-0-23.jpeg

I want to see a lot of this today!

GO RAMS!

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'm a big Trojan fan. Being a big Ram fan also, just seems kinda embarrassing to the NFL and LA that they didn't plan ahead of time for the short turnaround to properly get the Colesium ready. Cleaning up after 80,000 college kids is a huge task. Repairing the field takes time also.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I see Andrew Whitworth has donated his game fee to the victims of the shooting, nice touch that.

As for the game, please stomp all over them. Come on you RAMS!!

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Mooch said the Rams are his upset alert team this week. His main reason being the fires disrupting the players daily routine/life, etc....,

I think he’s whack

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
I'm concerned about the field condition at the Colesium. Trojans played a game there last night and didn't finish the game until almost 11pm. Not much time to get a field ready. Expect to see the Trojan logo at mid-field bleed through the Ram logo again.

I'm a big Trojan fan. Being a big Ram fan also, just seems kinda embarrassing to the NFL and LA that they didn't plan ahead of time for the short turnaround to properly get the Colesium ready. Cleaning up after 80,000 college kids is a huge task. Repairing the field takes time also.

Great point, Bubba. Actually, to further the point, I will say, there is ZERO excuse for scheduling the Trojans for a night game the night before an NFL game is to be played there.

Bad enough that they couldn’t coordinate off weekends for what, 12 potential weekends? So if BOTH teams had to play there consecutive days you have an afternoon kickoff for the Saturday game, right?.....right?.....oh screw it.

:rant:I can see the Trojan red paint on Wussels back now! Carry on.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Russell Wilson reverted to his form during the first two weeks where he took too many unnecessary sacks instead of throwing the ball away.

He's going to be running for his life today hahaha.

Spread: Rams -9.5

I'm not much of a sports bettor but I would give the points, after thinking about this I believe it's going to be a rout.

Say what!?!?! ~RamsFan503 (Quacker Backer & Beiber Believer)

FIFY :neener:

Great point, Bubba. Actually, to further the point, I will say, there is ZERO excuse for scheduling the Trojans for a night game the night before an NFL game is to be played there.

It's really bad of them, and your point about off weeks is not easy to do but could be done with enough planning.

Just flat out no excuse for a late night game before the Rams play.

jap

Legend
These crazy Seahawks players seem to like poking the big, bad LA bear, don't they? Didn't they have their butts handed to them . . . in their own house!, no less . . . in last season's changing-of-the-guard game, and they are still! stupidly supplying bulletin board material for our Horns? The Rams are already focused on staying with the surging 'Aints in the race for home field advantage throughout the playoffs. Why would the 'Hawks players increase that focus by making silly comments about our D? Earlier this season, Seattle played against an Aaron Donald still rounding into football shape after a pre-season contract holdout. Do they really want to see The Kraken! on the loose yet again?

Last edited: