Schotty's staying; continuity for Bradford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
Jacksonville’s decision to hire Gus Bradley as head coach was good news for Sam Bradford and the Rams’ offense. It means offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer will be returning to the Rams in 2013, and Bradford will have the same coordinator and the same offensive scheme for the first time in his NFL career.

The Jaguars announced Thursday morning that they had hired Bradley, the Seattle Seahawks’ defensive coordinator. Schottenheimer had interviewed for the Jaguars’ job on Monday night and Tuesday of this week.

“When I first found out, I was able to talk to both Jeff (Fisher) and Sam,” Schottenheimer said. “It’s an exciting time to be a Rams fan.”

The competitor in Schottenheimer wanted to be chosen as Jacksonville’s new head coach. But Schottenheimer said, “The cool thing is I know I’m in a great spot with great people (in St. Louis), with so many amazing things going on.”

With the hiring of Bradley in Jacksonville, seven of the eight NFL head-coaching vacancies have been filled. And Schottenheimer isn’t in the mix in Arizona, the lone remaining vacancy.

Follow Jim Thomas on twitter @jthom1

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football ... 3e28f.html

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Mike French
Great. Now please, no more coddling Sam Bradford. His excuses are gone. Same offensive coordinator. Our offensive line, even with all the injuries, were 14th in the league with not getting QB sacked. Our receiving corps will be the best its been in years, assuming they sign Amendola. And we still have a stud RB, assuming we sign SJax. If Sam struggles, or if he is middle of the pack again, then the verdict will be in.
Reply · · 16 hours ago

James Granger · Top Commenter · MidAmerica Nazarene University
That is really good news for the Rams and Bradford. Now if they can just sign Jake Long and draft Warmack then Bradford and the Rams will be fine offensively. I'd also like to see them draft Vacarro for the safety position.
Reply · · 17 hours ago

James Bigj Claxton · Top Commenter · Missouri University of Science and Technology
Does Jake long have anything left? His performance was down last season, but with that being said, he would definitely be an upgrade of what we already have.
Reply · · 10 minutes ago

Dennis L. Skiles · Top Commenter · Northwest High St. Louis
what's up with kaepernick? or should I say green bay. rams slapped the snot out of him and wilson, anyway sam said he was going to run more and he didn't.
Reply · · 15 hours ago

Dennis L. Skiles · Top Commenter · Northwest High St. Louis
4 rookie qb's in the playoffs, puzzling.
Reply · · 15 hours ago