Schottenheimer expected to be Rams'

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
As per Peter King tweet.... Also on rotoworld.com

Schottenheimer expected to be Rams' new OC
SI's Peter King reports that Brian Schottenheimer is expected to be the Rams' next offensive coordinator.
Schottenheimer's offense was picked apart in Jets coach Rex Ryan's Friday press conference, referred to as too complex for Mark Sanchez to comprehend and become comfortable in. Sam Bradford will have his work cut out. Per King, the Rams prefer Schottenheimer to Hue Jackson, who interviewed for the coordinator's gig this week. They were Jeff Fisher's only two known targets.
Source: Peter King on Twitter Jan 21 - 1:09 AM
Player Outlook
Game Log
Career Stats
Draft Advice

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=49.189259,-122.858834
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
We all know Sam is good at book lernin', so that ain't so much of a problem as I see it.

Why are we talking like this again?

Anyway, with a whole off-season to work on it and much advance time to get the playbook in their hands, I don't see it as being much of a problem - UNLESS - it doesn't get phased in properly. I watch the Jets quite a bit, being a Dolphin hater, and I didn't see that offense as so complex. I've never even heard an announcer say that before.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
X said:
We all know Sam is good at book lernin', so that ain't so much of a problem as I see it.

Anyway, with a whole off-season to work on it and much advance time to get the playbook in their hands, I don't see it as being much of a problem - UNLESS - it doesn't get phased in properly. I watch the Jets quite a bit, being a Dolphin hater, and I didn't see that offense as so complex. I've never even heard an announcer say that before.
I remember seeing someone say that Schotty's offense was too complex. I think that was the problem last year. I hope he dumbs it down the first season.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
X said:

This. I too watched quite a bit of Jets football these past couple of years and have never seen anything to lead me to think that their offense was "complex". A lot of quick slants, WR screens and bubble screens. Maybe that is because they didn't think that Sanchize was capable of running the full offense, but somehow I doubt it. I will trust in Fisher that Schotty Jr. is the right guy for the job....

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Remember when Sanchez had a "red light, green light" version of the playbook?

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2009-11 ... -jets-hope

Usually, its the players not executing rather than OCs. Unless it's like McDaniels and refuses to alter the offense as injuries mount. Anyway, that's a different topic.

I hope there is more slants, there hasn't been enough of those. Hopefully those slants will go to Blackmon. :amped: :amped: :amped: :amped:

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Sam will jump all over the new playbook like a bum on a bologna sandwich. Plus, with a whole off-season to get ready for the next year will be huge. Bring it on!

Anonymous

X said:

I agree. This will be a less onerous "system switch" year for a lot of reasons. In that spirit this is what I see as the differences this year (including your points and a couple more):

* no lockout

* more than that, with a new coach they have extra OTAs

* if they keep Clemens he was coached by Brian S. before so he becomes the new Feeley (ie. teacher/sidekick/back-up)

* Fisher wants to orient around tough-minded, safe offense, but also in general the entire Fisher "adaptibility/flexibility" thing where his offensive attack is built on actual team strengths not theories

* Brian S. has more of a feel for working with young players than McD did (Brian S. has "been there" and in fact has taught this offense to several qbs, including Brees, Rivers, Favre...who had never been in it before the Jets...and Sanchez)

* for that matter, they will have a qb coach

* Coryell system is easier to learn as a system

* most of the receivers and linemen will be more veteran--so there's less of this thing where they were both trying to learn about the NFL *and* learning a particular system at the same time...

* for that matter, whether they keep one or both of them, both Clayton and LLoyd have been in Coryell systems before

IMO, it really will be more like an advanced version of 2010.