Saw 1st half again + Case to Jags next year

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Brockers did not play Nose Tackle extremely well. The run defense was even worse when he played nose. Their was improvement against the run after he was moved out of the NT spot. They need a wide body with a lower center of gravity to clog the middle. Brockers is big but he is tall and being a block eater in the middle isn't his game.

Eh, Brockers actually does a nice job of eating up blocks. However, it is true that we were worse with him at NT. That's because we're a better defense when Brockers can disrupt. He's quite good at clogging lanes, but he's also quite good at defeating blocks and making tackles. At NT, he's limited in his ability to make those plays. At DE, he's a big roadblock on runs to that side of the field. When you add in Donald on the opposite side, it gives us two great run stoppers at DE. It does leave us a bit vulnerable straight up the gut, but we have more bodies there to compensate for it.

Basically, yea, I agree that he's better suited for DE. Tyrunn Walker has done a pretty nice job at NT, but he's a big body who wears down quickly. That's definitely a position we should upgrade at this off-season.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Sam is done. His knee is at the stage where he should worry about the rest of his life and walking without pain. Too bad because he played like the best qb in the league on the first mnf game. Who knows how many yards and tds diggs and theilen would have by now if Sam could stay healthy.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
den I don't think players give much thought to market size. Dollar size means more, then chance to win.

Most likely Les, it's the dollars that count, but I do think location is important along with scheme. Whitworth stated such as why you chose the Rams, McVay because he knew him from Jay Gruden and the chance to bring his family to California.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Oh they definitely won't tag him. I don't know how successful he'll be testing the market, but it is a QB starved League so anything could happen. He just needs to stay hot is all. I think he likes it there though, and the coaching staff seems to like him, so maybe they'll extend him moderate number of years for a moderator dollar amount. He has to know it's in his best interest to stop swapping coordinators and coaches and settle down into an offense for a while. That, or he doesn't care about any of that and just loves to play. Which would be my guess, because that's how he looks everywhere he goes.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Oh they definitely won't tag him. I don't know how successful he'll be testing the market, but it is a QB starved League so anything could happen. He just needs to stay hot is all. I think he likes it there though, and the coaching staff seems to like him, so maybe they'll extend him moderate number of years for a moderator dollar amount. He has to know it's in his best interest to stop swapping coordinators and coaches and settle down into an offense for a while. That, or he doesn't care about any of that and just loves to play. Which would be my guess, because that's how he looks everywhere he goes.

The Vikings will cut Bradford and sign Case to a 2 year deal UNLESS they end up winning the Cousins sweepstakes in which case they cut Bradford, Bridgewater and keep Keenum for a year.

I know he has said he likes it there but I think you are right he wants to play so he may ask for his release if they get Cousins.

Cousins is going to make this an interesting offseason because two teams fortunes are going to dramatically change. And for the Redskins it'll be much for the worse. Which I like because Snyder is a POS.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The CB situation really hurt us against the Vikings, but it wasn't as bad as the scoreline reflected, and people lose sight of where we were last year. Our O has taken a 180 and can now compete. It's obvious that we're lacking a bruiser at NT, and teams are exploiting that - I'm not looking forward to the Saints and their RB duo. Case has really taken the bull by the horns and cemented himself at QB for the Vikings, always thought he was a decent / good QB - he just had zero help last year with us.

It'll be interesting to see which QB hungry team makes the biggest offer for Case after this season - he's a more than capable starter in the NFL, Jacksonville is a good shout @SteveBrown, I wouldn't be surprised in seeing a pre-draft trade there.
Case would also be a good fit for any New York Team ( The Bill's-Jets-Giants) or the Viqueen's could just Keep Case and Trade Bridgewater! LOL

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Chiefs don’t look special and saints haven’t played anyone good in the last 5 or 6 weeks. I’ll wait til I see them play this Sunday to determine if they are better.
You are and were correct, sir. Good wisdom!

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Case would also be a good fit for any New York Team ( The Bill's-Jets-Giants) or the Viqueen's could just Keep Case and Trade Bridgewater! LOL

The way Keenum is playing, I think he's securing his place at Minnesota - and the guy definitely deserves it. I can see them signing him long term and trading Teddy, and cutting Bradford (I think his body needs him to retire!). IMO, Bridgewater has never played as well as Keenum is right now, at best he was Mr inconsistent, would you trade your hot-hand QB for a guy that's coming off injury and is still a bit of an unknown quantity? I know I wouldn't if i was the HC/GM. As you said, the NY teams are in need of QB help, or they could always follow your lead in the ROD draft @DaveFan'51 and trade with NO for a backup for the ageing Brees...