Samson Ebukam had minor knee surgery

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
https://www.latimes.com/sports/rams/la-sp-samson-ebukam-rams-surgery-20190321-story.html

Rams’ Samson Ebukam had knee surgery after season
By GARY KLEIN
MAR 21, 2019 | 7:40 AM

la-1543546295-gux9z9703z-snap-image

Rams linebacker Samson Ebukam spikes the ball after returning an interception for a touchdown Nov. 19 against Kansas City. (Wally Skalij / Los Angeles Times)

Rams linebacker Samson Ebukamunderwent minor knee surgery after the season, and he is expected to be brought along slowly during offseason workouts so that he will be back to full speed by training camp, a person with knowledge of the situation said.

Ebukam, a fourth-round draft pick from Eastern Washington in 2017, started at outside linebacker last season. He made 40 tackles, six for losses, and had two sacks. In the Rams’ 54-51 victory over the Kansas City Chiefs, Ebukam returned an interception and a fumble for touchdowns.

The Rams have made two offseason moves to fortify their edge-rushing presence.

And on Tuesday, they signed veteran Clay Matthews to a two-year contract. Terms were not disclosed. Matthews, who will turn 33 in May, amassed 83½ career sacks during 10 seasons with the Green Bay Packers. He is scheduled to be introduced at a news conference Thursday.

Ogbonnia Okoronkwo and Trevon Young are expected to get extended opportunities during offseason workouts and organized team activities.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
i'd like to know when this injury occurred, significant in how his season played out.
train
Seems we never hear the full story on Rams injuries until after the season. It's a good reason to be a little more cautious in assessing players until we find out what's really happening.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just about everybody has something similar to this every year,
. It’s an unfortunate result of the game. Hope everything went well with it for him.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
If he got scoped, it could be to just clean things up based on years of wear rather than any specific injury.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
gimmie a break with all the excuses for players not performing like we'd like them to. The guy isn't a starter plain and simple. Watch his college tape, you can tell.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
gimmie a break with all the excuses for players not performing like we'd like them to. The guy isn't a starter plain and simple. Watch his college tape, you can tell.
And yet the Rams coaches made him a starter last year. I guess they never watched any of his college tape.

nighttrain

Legend
i don't know for sure, but Ebukam was playing very good, then all of a sudden not so good, was it the injury?
train

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
And yet the Rams coaches made him a starter last year. I guess they never watched any of his college tape.
That's only because he was the only one that was half way decent. I'm not saying he's terrible but I'm saying he's going to be the guy we saw last year for the rest of his career. Average

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
That's only because he was the only one that was half way decent. I'm not saying he's terrible but I'm saying he's going to be the guy we saw last year for the rest of his career. Average
Interesting is last year at this time Ebukam was the only one penciled in as a starting OLB, the other side was up in the air. This year the only one we can say for sure will start at OLB is Fowler, and he wasn’t even on the team last year at this time. The other side does look like Matthews to lose, with Ebukam and Okoronkwo backing up. Just shows you how bad our Linebackers were last year.

wild ram

Rookie
Name
Erick

Samson is not in COLLEGE anymore. He was a start last season !! The Rams went to the SuperBowl last season & he was apart of it !!
Weather you like it OR not ??

SCORE BOARD BABY !!!

wild ram

Rookie
Name
Erick

Not true. They scouted him well. A 4th round pick starting on a SuperBowl team is not that bad, injury beside !! He should get better especially now with Clay Matthews it totally adds to the depth. He might not start, but still is a playmaker.

wild ram

Rookie
Name
Erick
i don't know for sure, but Ebukam was playing very good, then all of a sudden not so good, was it the injury?
train

The KC game was late in the season. The Rams defense sure looked good the last game of the season. I think he is underrated to Rams fans.
IMO he was a heck of a draft pick & a part of what makes The Rams one of the better teams in the NFL. The Rams oryhas scouted & coached this team well.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Not true. They scouted him well. A 4th round pick starting on a SuperBowl team is not that bad, injury beside !! He should get better especially now with Clay Matthews it totally adds to the depth. He might not start, but still is a playmaker.
I was being sarcastic.

wild ram

Rookie
Name
Erick
Interesting is last year at this time Ebukam was the only one penciled in as a starting OLB, the other side was up in the air. This year the only one we can say for sure will start at OLB is Fowler, and he wasn’t even on the team last year at this time. The other side does look like Matthews to lose, with Ebukam and Okoronkwo backing up. Just shows you how bad our Linebackers were last year.

I wouldn’t say they were that bad as to how good they can be this year & years moving forward. They were young for sure & took that risk. I’m sure they were hoping to find a player that would fit as well.
The Rams getting Fowler was a huge & need move. The Rams needed more beef up front. Fowler can be moved around which helps to find mismatches.
I’ll admit Ebukham is not the best, but he is a solid Ram defender for value. He is also a ascending player, so to talk trash about him is BS. Plus this organization has unquestionably been better than Inhave seen since the 70’s.
I give Dick Vermeil a lot of credit for what he did, but the teams front office was still CRAP !!
Demoff & Snead are solid , Kronke let’s them do there thing. Not having a guy like Emuham & having Ogletree’s contract would be donkey due!! Will see what happens.
Now let’s talk about a udfa Cory Littleton!!
not a bad ascending player who worked his way into the play caller last season. He is not the best even though he was a Pro Bowler..
Excellent coaching & player development.

wild ram

Rookie
Name
Erick
I was being sarcastic.

Totally get that , but truth is this organization has done extremely well with there draft picks these last 2 years under McVay..

Goff left them with not a lot of value picks , but sure made the best of them. Positioning themselves to find guys like Embuham .

Reynolds , Copper Kupp, J Johnson who Rams fans were scratching there heads at because they traded back to get Everett & the puck to get JJ for free. Instead of taking an O’lineman. Getting rid of Robinson & end up starting Blythe last year for free as well.
Just keeping it real !!

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
I wouldn’t say they were that bad as to how good they can be this year & years moving forward. They were young for sure & took that risk. I’m sure they were hoping to find a player that would fit as well.
The Rams getting Fowler was a huge & need move. The Rams needed more beef up front. Fowler can be moved around which helps to find mismatches.
I’ll admit Ebukham is not the best, but he is a solid Ram defender for value. He is also a ascending player, so to talk trash about him is BS. Plus this organization has unquestionably been better than Inhave seen since the 70’s.
I give Dick Vermeil a lot of credit for what he did, but the teams front office was still CRAP !!
Demoff & Snead are solid , Kronke let’s them do there thing. Not having a guy like Emuham & having Ogletree’s contract would be donkey due!! Will see what happens.
Now let’s talk about a udfa Cory Littleton!!
not a bad ascending player who worked his way into the play caller last season. He is not the best even though he was a Pro Bowler..
Excellent coaching & player development.
Until Fowler came along we had no pressure on the QB from the outside linebackers. Before Fowler there was no true starter in his place.
Cory Littleton played great, but even he was asked to play out of position, as that spot was to be kept open for Mark Barron, which was filled in by Ramik Wilson until Barron was healthy enough to play.
Ramik Wilson? Don’t really remember his name being called much.
Face it, until Fowler came along the linebackers as a whole stunk it up, with the exception of out of position Littleton.
This year I do expect a big step forward in this area, but they sure couldn’t get any worse.

wild ram

Rookie
Name
Erick
Until Fowler came along we had no pressure on the QB from the outside linebackers. Before Fowler there was no true starter in his place.
Cory Littleton played great, but even he was asked to play out of position, as that spot was to be kept open for Mark Barron, which was filled in by Ramik Wilson until Barron was healthy enough to play.
Ramik Wilson? Don’t really remember his name being called much.
Face it, until Fowler came along the linebackers as a whole stunk it up, with the exception of out of position Littleton.
This year I do expect a big step forward in this area, but they sure couldn’t get any worse.

How is that Samson’s fault ?? The Rams had injuries to Fox & Florida DT who never got healthy.
Clay will bring a lot to The Rams defense as well as Weddle.The question mark to me will be finding a big DT to replace Suh ?? Will see how things play out, but a good cover CB if available is not a better way to retool. A solid pass rusher is always an option as well.

I like the way Les Snead evaluates LBers so I think The Rams are in a good space. Yes Fowler was a huge acquisition , but you can see that by the 1 year deal he just got. Will not end up costing The Rams all that much, but having a guy like Ebukam around let’s them have the veterans around him.

Last edited:

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
How is that Samson’s fault ?? The Rams had injuries to Fox & Florida DT who never got healthy.
Clay will bring a lot to The Rams defense as well as Weddle.The question mark to me will be finding a big DT to replace Suh ?? Will see how things play out, but a good cover CB if available is not a better way to retool. A solid pass rusher is always an option as well.

I like the way Les Snead evaluates LBers so I think The Rams are in a good space. Yes Fowler was a huge acquisition , but you can see that by the 1 year deal he just got. Will not end up costing The Rams all that much, but having a guy like Ebukam around let’s them have the veterans around him.
An outside linebackers responsibility is to put pressure on the QB from the outside. I’m still waiting for Ebukam to do that. That being said I think Ebukam has tons of potential and I still have high hopes for him. But I’m pretty sure Ebukam’s plays will be a lot more limited with the Signing of Matthews, much more so probably than any other linebacker on the Rams. If I sounded like I was knocking Ebukam I was, because I personally expected more.