Sammy Watkins - Rams Top Choice?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
As much as I would like to see the Rams get Clowney it seems more and more likely (at least to me) that they will end up with Watkins which will not be too much of a disappointment for me! As long as the Rams end up with Clowney, Watkins, Robinson or Mack (or, a great trade down!) I will be happy Rams fan!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think that they are just covering all of the bases to accurately weigh the possibilities in a trade scenario.

FRO

Legend
I wouldn't pass Clowney for anybody in this draft. If he goes first Watkins is my number 2 guy.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wouldn't pass Clowney for anybody in this draft. If he goes first Watkins is my number 2 guy.

After a long back and forth off season, this is my preference as well

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
As much as I would like to see the Rams get Clowney it seems more and more likely (at least to me) that they will end up with Watkins which will not be too much of a disappointment for me! As long as the Rams end up with Clowney, Watkins, Robinson or Mack (or, a great trade down!) I will be happy Rams fan!

Honestly, I know teams wouldn't give what I'd be asking for the #2. I'd take ask for a little less than the RG3 trade or take Watkins, period. That can have the scraps with two of the top 3 playmakers gone.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
If Clowney is gone and for those that buy into the "we already have our tackles theory", then yeah Watkins would be the pick. I'm not sure he's better than Mack but he would be the choice.

tbux

Rookie
Get greedy- trade back and get Watkins at 3 or 4- then use those picks to trade up from 13 and get Robinson or Matthews- BOOM! perfect start.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Get greedy- trade back and get Watkins at 3 or 4- then use those picks to trade up from 13 and get Robinson or Matthews- BOOM! perfect start.

Id be dancing in the street if we could pull this off and still hang on to our 2nd and 3rd round picks

tbux

Rookie
i know that is a remote chance, but in theory- doesnt it sound doable?

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
i know that is a remote chance, but in theory- doesnt it sound doable?

Oh I have no doubt that this can happen just dont know if it will. we trade down with say Cleavland pick up there 2nd first rounder and maybe a 2nd or 3rd draft watkins at 4 then use those to picks and throw in somthing extra I think you could get back up with oakland or ATL and get Robinson or Matthews. May take a pick next year too but it would be worth it IMO.

RamzFanz

Damnit

If they pull that off, I'm with you. Even if they miss Watkins.

A55VA6

Legend
I would rather stay at 2 and make our pick to secure our "top player" on our board, but if we trade down I want to go no further than 6. I'm assuming Clowney is #1 on our board so if Clowney is there at 2, take him.

As of right now, these are my top 5 players I would like to see in a Rams uniform whether we draft them at 2 or 13 or wherever we happen to trade to:

1. DE Jadeveon Clowney
2. WR Sammy Watkins
3. OT Greg Robinson
4. WR Mike Evans
5. CB Darqueze Dennard

And of course I like guys like Aaron Donald, Pryor, Clinton-Dix. Mack is a good talent but I'm not sure he's a fit with the Rams. And I know Jake Matthews is good but idk... meh. Pick him at 13 if he's there (which he won't be) but not 2. I like Robinson more. I think he has more upside than Matthews.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
1a. Clowney
1b. Watkins
1c. Matthews/Robinson

I'm hoping we have an oppurtunity to trade up for one of the top 2 tackles.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
After extensively watching tape, I now have Mike Evans ahead of Sammy Watkins as the best WR in the draft.

Alan

Legend
A55VA6's preferences:
I would rather stay at 2 and make our pick to secure our "top player" on our board, but if we trade down I want to go no further than 6. I'm assuming Clowney is #1 on our board so if Clowney is there at 2, take him.

As of right now, these are my top 5 players I would like to see in a Rams uniform whether we draft them at 2 or 13 or wherever we happen to trade to:

1. DE Jadeveon Clowney
2. WR Sammy Watkins
3. OT Greg Robinson
4. WR Mike Evans
5. CB Darqueze Dennard
With no trade #2:
1. Matthews
2. Robinson
3. Lewan
4. Watkins
5. Evans
With a trade down to 4-6 at 4-6:
1. Matthews
2. Robinson
3. Watkins
4. Evans
5. Donald
With a trade down to 8-10 at 8-10:
1. Matthews
2. Robinson
3. Lewan
4. Evans
5. Donald
If we are able to draft Matthews, Robinson or Lewan with our first pick and we don't trade down at #13:
1. Ha-Ha
2. Gilbert
3. Pryor
4. Dennard
5. Donald
If we are able to draft Matthews, Robinson or Lewan with our first pick and we do trade down at #13 at 14-20:
1. Ha-Ha
2. Gilbert
3. Pryor
4. Dennard
5. Beckham

Last edited:

tbux

Rookie
After extensively watching tape, I now have Mike Evans ahead of Sammy Watkins as the best WR in the draft.

WOw interesting- I have Watkins by a pretty big margin. I have Evans in the 2nd tier of wrs. I see a Vjack clone (not a bad thing for sure) but Watkins as a D Thomas -Boldin hybrid. A perennial 1000 + 8 td wr. Tory Holt like production. Cant miss=- no holes in his game.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
WOw interesting- I have Watkins by a pretty big margin. I have Evans in the 2nd tier of wrs. I see a Vjack clone (not a bad thing for sure) but Watkins as a D Thomas -Boldin hybrid. A perennial 1000 + 8 td wr. Tory Holt like production. Cant miss=- no holes in his game.

Yeah, not to take anything away from Watkins I think he will be a good player, I just think Evans will be better. I really like his game and the way it translates to the nfl.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
1a. Clowney
1b. Watkins
1c. Matthews/Robinson

I'm hoping we have an oppurtunity to trade up for one of the top 2 tackles.

My listing is similar to yours but I have Mack at 4 and Matthews at 5:
1) Clowney
2) Watkins
3) Robinson
4) Mack
5) Matthews