Sammy Watkins has the best hands in the draft eh?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jjab360

Legend
Heard this claim multiple times since the offseason began. This new video from draftbreakdown that I didn't have the chance to watch live says otherwise.

Blatant wide open drops at 5:28 and 6:17 show a lack of concentration. He had a ton more like them his sophomore season as well, so this isn't just an isolated incident. Watkins has good hands, but not great hands and certainly not the best hands in the draft so please stop spreading this BS.

As for "nobody's perfect", I'm pretty sure I've never seen Stedman Bailey drop a wide open pass and I've only seen Mike Evans drop one in his freshman season. Those guys have elite hands, Watkins does not.

Last edited by a moderator:

iced

yea - those are called concentration drops..and they've been talked about a lot - also not sure where this "best hands in the draft" stuff comes from. I've never heard that, and it's no secret I'm Pro watkins.

tbux

Rookie
dude has fantastic hands- his technique is ideal. he does all the things right. NOBODY catches every pass dude- but I think most would say his hands are fantastic. notice you didn't mention the really good catches that he made look easy- that most would not have made. The dude is a stud- he is the consensus top wr in the draft for a reason despite being just over 6'0 tall!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
USC fans call him sammy dropkins for a reason...

That has more to do with his poorly timed drops in his first two years against the Gamecocks. Evans drops some passes too. But he does have a lower drop% than Watkins and better hands.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Landry has the best hands in the draft from what I've seen.

Watkins does have great hands, but not the best.