Sam Bradford On Schedule.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Name
JP
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5161/sam-bradford

Sam Bradford (ACL) has been cleared to run on a treadmill, and is "on schedule" in his rehab.
Bradford went under the knife 63 days ago. Bradford said last week he's "very confident" he'll be ready for the start of training camp. Despite a whopping $17.6 million salary-cap hit and four years of of thoroughly average play, it appears Bradford will be back under center for the Rams next season. They've been adamant they're sticking with Bradford despite owning the No. 2 pick in May's draft. Jan 21 - 10:10 PM
Source: Alex Marvez on Twitter

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Despite a whopping $17.6 million salary-cap hit and four years of of thoroughly average play

A backhanded remark that leaves out a lot of details like the records he set as a rookie and being offensive rookie of the year. And having a shit team in a win and you're in game twice. As well as his production in the first 6 games of this season.

Whoever Alex Marvez is he needs to do some homework

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
A backhanded remark that leaves out a lot of details like the records he set as a rookie and being offensive rookie of the year. And having a shyte team in a win and you're in game twice. As well as his production in the first 6 games of this season.

I think he just tweeted the above info. Rotoworld added their own little opinion.

Name
JP
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
A backhanded remark that leaves out a lot of details like the records he set as a rookie and being offensive rookie of the year. And having a shyte team in a win and you're in game twice. As well as his production in the first 6 games of this season.

That was not Alex Marvez who said that. That was from the rotoworld site.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I don't want to sound like a Bradford apologist or anything - God forbid. But honestly - how much of Bradford's "thoroughly average play" is because of what he has dealt with since his rookie season and INCLUDING his rookie season when he won offensive ROY. I would be all over getting in someone new if I felt it was on him but I can't say that. Can anyone honestly name a QB that has played better with equal or worse situational talent? I can name several highly regarded QBs that have done worse considering the weapons and time to throw.

Certainly, if Sam is not ready to go or if this injury looks to the Rams like a continuing problem, they will look to make a move. If they do so, that is based on real information that none of us have. Until then, I will watch his actual play, the amount of help he gets from his receivers, the actual time he has to deliver a pass, and go from there. Is he the second coming of Peyton Manning? Apparently not. But he has had shit to deal with and still was looking pretty damn good before he went down last season.

I'm sorry but there is NO QB that would have done well in his situation except maybe a Brett Favre who just didn't seem to give a shit and threw INTs in bunches. Maybe that would have been better. Though I seriously doubt it.

Bottom line for me. He is our QB until he isn't. If they draft a QB and he ACTUALLY plays better, I will be lock step behind him as well.

fearsomefour

Legend
Well Bradford is now ranked 163rd in all time passing yards....obviously a total bust.
(that was sarcasm)

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
I don't want to sound like a Bradford apologist or anything - God forbid. But honestly - how much of Bradford's "thoroughly average play" is because of what he has dealt with since his rookie season and INCLUDING his rookie season when he won offensive ROY. I would be all over getting in someone new if I felt it was on him but I can't say that. Can anyone honestly name a QB that has played better with equal or worse situational talent? I can name several highly regarded QBs that have done worse considering the weapons and time to throw.

Certainly, if Sam is not ready to go or if this injury looks to the Rams like a continuing problem, they will look to make a move. If they do so, that is based on real information that none of us have. Until then, I will watch his actual play, the amount of help he gets from his receivers, the actual time he has to deliver a pass, and go from there. Is he the second coming of Peyton Manning? Apparently not. But he has had shyte to deal with and still was looking pretty damn good before he went down last season.

I'm sorry but there is NO QB that would have done well in his situation except maybe a Brett Favre who just didn't seem to give a shyte and threw INTs in bunches. Maybe that would have been better. Though I seriously doubt it.

Bottom line for me. He is our QB until he isn't. If they draft a QB and he ACTUALLY plays better, I will be lock step behind him as well.
How about we look at it with a different QB with our team's level of talent around Bradford since he entered the league, how would the golden boy or Peyton look behind our offensive line? I guarantee they would not be playing like the all-pros that they are, if you go and look at the patriots and broncos and how much time their offensive lines give Manning and Brady, you'll see that they have the kind of time Sam had behind that BEAST o-line at OU give Sam an elite offensive line and i'll show you a great qb. It all starts up front.

fearsomefour

Legend
How about we look at it with a different QB with our team's level of talent around Bradford since he entered the league, how would the golden boy or Peyton look behind our offensive line? I guarantee they would not be playing like the all-pros that they are, if you go and look at the patriots and broncos and how much time their offensive lines give Manning and Brady, you'll see that they have the kind of time Sam had behind that BEAST o-line at OU give Sam an elite offensive line and i'll show you a great qb. It all starts up front.

Well Peyton has always refused to hang in the pocket and take a hit, good business move I guess. A good, smart, vet QB can make an Oline look much better than it is....look at Warner in Arizona, he made the line much better than they were by reading Ds and getting rid of the ball quickly. Brady and Manning both can do this. May not be as bad as you anticipate, but, doubtful both would have made through a season in once piece.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Well Peyton has always refused to hang in the pocket and take a hit, good business move I guess. A good, smart, vet QB can make an Oline look much better than it is....look at Warner in Arizona, he made the line much better than they were by reading Ds and getting rid of the ball quickly. Brady and Manning both can do this. May not be as bad as you anticipate, but, doubtful both would have made through a season in once piece.
No way to know for sure, but IMO their stats would have been surprising similar to Sam's. I mean neither one of them have had to play with 20 something different receivers and 30 different OL through a 3 year period or something like that. X hook me up with your statline of the amount of WR and OL Bradford has had through his first three years. :bigup:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That was not Alex Marvez who said that. That was from the rotoworld site.

all rotoworld care about are fantasy stats. i'm not even sure they watch games, certainly not rams games. all they see are the stats.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Bradford is the best QB option we have by far. Anyone who doesn't understand that is delusional. Why do so many people act oblivious to his obvious talent? Apparently, if your QB's greatest attribute isn't his legs these days, he is not exciting, versatile, or resourceful enough for the fans liking :rolleyes:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Yes and no. Manning has for most of his career been able to get rid of the ball quickly. Although - he still had a pretty decent O-line that would give him better time than what we have come accustomed to. Brady on the other hand has ALWAYS been exposed by quick pressure. On occasion he gets the ball out quickly as does Bradford and many other QBs. But when you watch the kind of time Brady enjoys back there it would have to make EVERY QB in the league envious. Warner didn't always have that much time but he was just fearless - either that or he valued his team far above his own health. But Warner was almost always amazingly quick at getting that ball out.

One thing I firmly believe is that few QBs have EVER had the drive of Manning or Warner. Brady is no slouch in that category either but I hate him so....:heh:

This is one of the reasons I say that Manning is so freaking spectacular. He reads defenses like no other and actually picks up defensive schemes so he DOES have more time. And when he doesn't, there is no one that gets the ball out more effectively. That's what makes him Peyton FREAKING Manning. Watch his passes. They're not even that good sometimes. But he passes when the defender has his back turned, he gets it there even though it looks like a duck, and - yes - he will drill a ball into the back of his own receiver to make a point.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Man if Sam was any more of a stud then he'd make Hulk Hogan look like a little schoolgirl. Rams are gonna kick so much arse next year even if Jake goes down.

fearsomefour

Legend
Yes and no. Manning has for most of his career been able to get rid of the ball quickly. Although - he still had a pretty decent O-line that would give him better time than what we have come accustomed to. Brady on the other hand has ALWAYS been exposed by quick pressure. On occasion he gets the ball out quickly as does Bradford and many other QBs. But when you watch the kind of time Brady enjoys back there it would have to make EVERY QB in the league envious. Warner didn't always have that much time but he was just fearless - either that or he valued his team far above his own health. But Warner was almost always amazingly quick at getting that ball out.

One thing I firmly believe is that few QBs have EVER had the drive of Manning or Warner. Brady is no slouch in that category either but I hate him so....:heh:

This is one of the reasons I say that Manning is so freaking spectacular. He reads defenses like no other and actually picks up defensive schemes so he DOES have more time. And when he doesn't, there is no one that gets the ball out more effectively. That's what makes him Peyton FREAKING Manning. Watch his passes. They're not even that good sometimes. But he passes when the defender has his back turned, he gets it there even though it looks like a duck, and - yes - he will drill a ball into the back of his own receiver to make a point.

Yeah, I agree. The way to beat both these guys is to get pressure on them....that is most QBs I think. Although Warner was better when blitzed and Manning could be as well. Manning will not hang onto the ball though. Brady cannot handle pressure. The real way to beat Manning of course is to run the ball 45 times and give the Broncos offense the ball 20 minutes only and pray for a couple of punts or dropped passes. Your right, Mannings' arm strength has declined and he throws some ducks for sure, but, he is so dialed in and on top of it he overcomes. Perfect example of why a vet pocket QB will always out perform a young runner all other things being equal.

fearsomefour

Legend
No way to know for sure, but IMO their stats would have been surprising similar to Sam's. I mean neither one of them have had to play with 20 something different receivers and 30 different OL through a 3 year period or something like that. X hook me up with your statline of the amount of WR and OL Bradford has had through his first three years. :bigup:
Brady has had a lot of turnover at receiver positions. But again, unless a guy is a game changer like Calvin Johnson, the receiver is least important part of the passing game in my opinion.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
503 I have never seen a QB stand in the pocket and take the hits like Warner did. Never. He had more courage back there than anyone I've ever seen and a lot of his production happened with him planted on the turf. A bunch of his highlight film material when they induct him in Canton will be plays he never saw the end of at the time.

It was a study in bravery and craziness.