Saints sign Tyrun Walker

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
A replacement for the injured Rankins and probably intel on Wade Phillips's defense

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good for him! Get that one last game check for the year:sneaky:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
After Sunday hopefully we'll see him referred to as "Tyrunned on" Walker.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Excellent signing for the Saints he is a good stuffer with some size.

Didn't he replace brockers against the falcons and then the rams d couldn't stop the run for the rest of the game?

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
Dude did not play this year.

I don't remember him as being exactly rocked up and/or perpetually fit. Maybe he was, but I doubt he's in any sort of football shape now. No, round isn't a shape in this case.

He gets paid to spend the week on Bourbon Street getting more round.
Good for him.
If the Saints make him a starter or give him plenty of PT, good for us.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Didn't he replace brockers against the falcons and then the rams d couldn't stop the run for the rest of the game?
Yes he was a piece of the replacement duo that failed in the Falcons gm. Tyrunn Walker mostly played the NT post reserve behind Ethan Westbrooks but he would rotate to the 5 tech post of Brockes at times mainly on run downs. The Rams 3 DL was extra light in 2017. Brockers 302lbs/ Westbrooks 287lbs & Donald 280lbs. Rookie Tanzel Smart 290 lbs was the 2nd part of the replacement. Both Smart & Walker failed.

Rams Org. will most likely lose both NT's (Suh & Westbrooks) here in the first of March due to UFA'cy. This post will be a large need in the offseason. Shu's market value in FA'cy has been guesstimated @ 3 yrs for approx $28 million little over 9.3 million a yr. Doubtful the Rams can afford that. Stop gaps most likely will be ordered once again.

Possible NT prospects might be 35 yr old Brandon Mebrane, 33 yr old Steve McLendon, 27 yr old Jon Hankins or 27-year-old Tyeler Davison who we will see this Sunday. I would hope that we draft a DT early if possible but a CB is a much bigger need.

Last edited:

theduke

Rookie
Camp Reporter
Last year, Myles asked DMarco Farr how the Rams would integrate Aaron Donald after Week 1 because of his training camp.

Farr replies, “Tanzel, Ty Walker, OUT! AD, you’re in.”

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Possible NT prospects might be 35 yr old Brandon Mebrane, 33 yr old Steve McLendon, 27 yr old Jon Hankins or 27-year-old Tyeler Davison who we will see this Sunday. I would hope that we draft a DT early if possible but a CB is a much bigger need.

Pretty sure Les will address the nose in the draft. Lots of big guys who can move and stay on their feet. CB too I hope, we need someone who's a fit moreso than anything else, even a guy in round 3 who can just play the call would be really nice.

The position the Rams will address almost for sure in FA is SAFETY. The class this year in FA is loaded, or should be, if you can believe the rumors on who is going to re-sign who. Should be about 4 solid or better options on the market.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Pretty sure Les will address the nose in the draft. Lots of big guys who can move and stay on their feet. CB too I hope, we need someone who's a fit moreso than anything else, even a guy in round 3 who can just play the call would be really nice.

The position the Rams will address almost for sure in FA is SAFETY. The class this year in FA is loaded, or should be, if you can believe the rumors on who is going to re-sign who. Should be about 4 solid or better options on the market.

Sure would be nice to find another UDFA like Rodney McLeod again but I see nothing on the arising at this time. I do not see any UFA high safeties that have caught my attention thus far (do you know of one).
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/ufa/free-safety/

I would lean to draft a starter myself, go with JJ III at high safety primarily with Marqui Christian as our primary strong safety till the rookie is ready. Rams do have an interesting SS on the PS named Steven Parker who seemed to have some promise in preseason. Rams can easily sign FS Blake Countess for 1 more season he is a RFA.

We have to deal with CB Marcus Peters & avoid that over $ 9 million cap hit that come along with him. If it were up to me in this upcoming draft I looking for a future starting CB & FS. Fix this concern in this secondary. If we do have a 1st, 3 thirds & one 4th picks we should be able to accomplish this. CB Talib only has 1 more season under contract too.

Wade does have the option of inserting a needed up Brockers back in @ NT with Sebastian Joseph-Day in reserve. John Frankiln-Myers taking the 5 tech with the 6-3 275 lbs Morgan Fox returning from the IR as DE Franklin's reserve. Donald & Smart @ the 3 tech. All we need to do here is draft a talented NT to start in the future to help the rotation as a rookie.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sure would be nice to find another UDFA like Rodney McLeod again but I see nothing on the arising at this time. I do not see any UFA high safeties that have caught my attention thus far (do you know of one).

It's rumored that the Bears might not sign Adrian Amos, who is young (26) and has two good seasons under his belt already. If not he will be very highly sought due to his age. Perfect fit for this roster and defense, as he has been good in coverage and is a very sure tackler. He would be my top target however I doubt the Bears let him walk.

Landon Collins may hit the market depending on how the Giants decide to proceed this offseason. I think he will be re-signed, but he's a guy to watch and if he does hit the market he's like Amos (young & talented so Rams will at least pursue him).

Earl Thomas will be on the market. Doubt we are willing to pay him big bucks, but Rams might make a run on him depending on what is out there due to what a significant upgrade he would be.

Tyrann Mathieu should also hit the market. He's still sub-30, and brings flexibility which Wade does covet. I have to think he will be considered.

Haha Clinton-Dix is still young (surprised to see he is 26) and would afford the Rams an upgrade opposite Johnson. He should hit the market and I am sure the Rams will give him a look.

There are some other options too, but those above are the ones I'd be looking at. Have to think the relative quality of the class, when coupled with the strength of this DL group in the draft, will dictate the direction Les goes.