Saffold Or Verner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Verner or Saffold?

• Total voters

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Rams have expressed interest in both, more so in Saffold. But with our backs up against the cap we may only be able to afford 1. If it came down to, who is your choice? I added a neither option just to see how paranoid some may be about resigning future FA's like Quinn and Bradford.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Fisher mention Verner during a press conference. Not sure which one.
Are you sure you aren't thinking about Williams press conference when he said he got Verner to play well?

If so, I wouldn't exactly say they were showing interest. If Fisher mentioned Verner as a player of interest in a press conference the Rams could get a tampering penalty.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Are you sure you aren't thinking about Williams press conference when he said he got Verner to play well?

If so, I wouldn't exactly say they were showing interest. If Fisher mentioned Verner as a player of interest in a press conference the Rams could get a tampering penalty.

Yeah you may be right, there. None the less it doesn't change my poll question. I do beleive the Rams will put in on the bidding for him even if we don't get him.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
After releasing Wells, Dahl and a few others and restructuring Finny, could we get them both if we pay them 7-8m a year?

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
After releasing Wells, Dahl and a few others and restructuring Finny, could we get them both if we pay them 7-8m a year?

Yeah we could. I just wanna be sure we can resign Quinn down the road, as well. Don't want the pond to dry up...

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Yeah we could. I just wanna be sure we can resign Quinn down the road, as well. Don't want the pond to dry up...

Oh no doubt, Quinn>Saffold, Verner. I am sure Demoff has already factored that in for the future though. He could give them both front heavy contracts and give Quinn a contract which most is paid in the middle of his contract. He will find a way, I have faith in his ability to mesh the contracts together to the best.

tonyl711

Starter
if they resign Saffold I believe it will be before FA starts, the bidding will get too out of hand once FA starts IMO, if he does resign Dahl is gone so you save that money plus the 7 mil that has been added to the cap, If they want Verner they should have the money to sign both.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Oh no doubt, Quinn>Saffold, Verner. I am sure Demoff has already factored that in for the future though. He could give them both front heavy contracts and give Quinn a contract which most is paid in the middle of his contract. He will find a way, I have faith in his ability to mesh the contracts together to the best.

Yeah, man, Quinn needs to be a career Ram. Demoff works wonders.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond

Lol

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Neither. Call me crazy my bold move is S Malcolm Jenkins or..... S Donte Hitner. Yea I said it.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I have to be honest,i really have no idea which direction we'll go in FA this year. It seems that everything including our draft is based upon what happens with Saffold.
Things will be much clearer once that decision is made.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Isn't Verner a Titan UFA?? Name me one FA Titan that the Rams have signed that has done well? FORGET Verner IMO

Saffold hands down not even close. Saffold IF resigned would be the Rams starting OLT in training camp & pre season good chance even into some of the regular season games. Saffold has much more talent than Verner. BIG Issue is can SAFFOLD remain healthy to fill even that short time assignment???

IF Jake Long gets healthy enough to play OLT again then you move Saffold to the left a few feet to OLG starting post and team Long-Saffold together until one of them gets injured. Ram history tell us that is sure to happen with the Rams lousy luck with injured OL'ers. Better have additional help on that left side ready to fill in behind them. Matter of fact it would be a good ideal to sign OT Chris Williams as a back up for OLT. Now that I am on a roll might as well resign OLG Shelley Smith too to back up Saffold while your at it. I still think that Left side is in need of help after all that.

Wonder if we can draft a few Ol'ers with our first two selections that have enough talent to start early ...just maybe we would have enough talent to avoid any more games like we went through in game 17 Seattle.