Russell Wilson is a one-man band

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...h-quarterback-with-3000-career-rushing-yards/

Russell Wilson becomes the 10th quarterback with 3,000 career rushing yards
Posted by Michael David Smith on November 25, 2017

876911896-e1511635781353.jpg

Getty Images

Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson hit an overlooked milestone in Monday night’s loss to the Falcons.

Wilson, who ran for 86 yards, now has 3,065 career rushing yards. That makes him just the 10th quarterback in NFL history to reach that mark.

Last year Wilson played through an ankle injury and had his worst rushing season, with a career-low 259 yards and a career-low 3.6 yards per carry. This year Wilson is having one of his best rushing seasons (in part because he’s had to when Seattle’s running backs have struggled) and has 376 rushing yards and a 6.5-yard average. Wilson is second only to Cam Newton among quarterbacks in rushing yards this season.

Here are the Top 10 rushing quarterbacks in NFL history:

6,109 Michael Vick
4,928 Randall Cunningham
4,239 Steve Young
4,002 Cam Newton
3,674 Fran Tarkenton
3,590 Steve McNair
3,459 Donovan McNabb
3,407 John Elway
3,128 Tobin Rote
3,065 Russell Wilson

Wilson is likely to surpass Rote for No. 9 on the career quarterback rushing list within the next few games. He probably won’t pass Elway for No. 8 until next year, but by the end of next season he has a good chance of moving into the Top 5 for quarterback rushing yards in NFL history.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
He rushes for 3k yards, and someone can't take out his knees? Come on man, give us a break.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
6,109 Michael Vick
4,928 Randall Cunningham
4,239 Steve Young
4,002 Cam Newton
3,674 Fran Tarkenton
3,590 Steve McNair
3,459 Donovan McNabb
3,407 John Elway
3,128 Tobin Rote
3,065 Russell Wilson

The exceptions that prove the rule.

I dunno..........that list has some guys I wouldn't touch and some guys who compiled those yards over MANY more years than RW has played.

He rushes for 3k yards, and someone can't take out his knees? Come on man, give us a break.

I'm not going to say much other than that comment is lame as fuck.

He’s also the 10th biggest queer in NFL history too.

Your parents would probably be proud to see that you wrote that.

Right?

fearsomefour

Legend
I dunno..........that list has some guys I wouldn't touch and some guys who compiled those yards over MANY more years than RW has played.

I'm not going to say much other than that comment is lame as freak.

Your parents would probably be proud to see that you wrote that.

Right?
Russel Wilson is an amazing QB.
He is accounting for about 82% of their O this year. Everyone know that going in and he is stil effective. I love watching the guy play, I hate that he is on Seattle. He is, in my opinion, one of the very best QBs in the league. Without doubt.
I don't care about rushing stats for QB. His special ability is scrambling and finding receivers.

fearsomefour

Legend
Wilson is averaging 34 yards rushing per game in his career. Young averaged about 25 yards per game. The THREAT of the run is what helps make them so effective. They (contrasting Young and Wilson) have also become adept and picking their spots running. When Seattle gets the ball and needs to score with time against them Wilson running for a first down or two is nearly a sure thing.
However, both became much more effective when they improved in the pocket and using their mobility to turn a broken pocket into pass plays.
Starting a team and need a younger QB to build your team around? Wilson would be hard to argue against.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

View: https://twitter.com/Gil_Brandt/status/936313605389090816

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/01/russell-wilson-truly-is-a-one-man-band/

Russell Wilson truly is a one-man band
Posted by Mike Florio on December 1, 2017

When the Lions gave quarterback Matthew Stafforda new deal worth $27 million per year, many reacted by pointing out that Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers merits a major increase over his $22 million per year salary. But there’s another quarterback who is woefully underpaid, in light of recent movements in the market.

He’s Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson, who continues to be pretty much the entirety of the team’s offense.

As noted by Gil Brandt of NFL.com, Wilson has accounted for 96.3 percent of the team’s offensive touchdowns in 2017. That’s the highest percentage in the Super Bowl era for any one player.

Only one offensive touchdown has been scored without Wilson’s involvement. That happened way back in Week Four, when running back J.D. McKissic scampered 30 yards to the end zone. The other touchdowns — 23 passing and three rushing — were thrown by Wilson or carried in by him.

Wilson signed a four-year extension in 2015, which pays him $87.6 million in new money. He’s due to make $15.5 million next year, with a cap number of $23.7 million.

Given what he means to the offense, it’s time for the Seahawks to think about giving him more.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

How come the fuckhead lawyer didn't go on about how the krapper should be starting for the seagulls? Or any other team?