Round 6 Pick 25 (201) - WR Bud Sasser

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/track...put:6/dt-tabs:dt-by-team/dt-by-team-input:stl

• 6'2" Height
  • 210LBS. Weight
Overview
Sasser had a career-high 77 receptions for 1,003 yards and 12 touchdowns receiving in 2014.

Pro Day Results

40-yard dash: 4.53 and 4.57 seconds
Vertical jump: 34 1/2 inches
Broad jump: 10 1/2 feet
Short shuttle: 4.31 seconds
3-cone: 6.86 seconds
Bench: 18 reps
Analysis
Strengths
Stepped his production up after departure of Dorial Green-Beckham finishing with 77 catches including 12 for touchdowns. Bigbodied receiver who was able to cause matchup problems when allowed to play from slot. Average athlete, but plays with plus body control and has outstanding ball tracking and focus skills when ball is in the air. Doesn’t need much of a window to haul in the throws. Hands catcher with desired arm extension at catch point. Can be a handful in the red zone.
Weaknesses
Stays glued to press coverage. Doesn’t have foot quickness or twitch to consistently escape long-armed corners who sit on his release from outside. Missing long speed. Doesn't create many yards after the catch. Allows defender to crowd him against sideline too often. Despite size, doesn't go up over cornerbacks as much as expected. Needs to work back to scrambling QB rather than become spectator.
Draft Projection
Round 7 or priority free agent
Bottom Line
Will be hard to get excited about a receiver who lacks deep speed and has a hard time getting a clean release against press coverage, but his body control, ball skills and poise give him a shot to make it in the league. Sasser's best shot might come with a team looking for size in the slot or as a zone beating possession receiver.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Getting that Stat line in the SEC is no joke. Hopefully it translates well

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Benches more than Havenstein!

PRO DAY RESULTS
40-yard dash: 4.53 and 4.57 seconds
Vertical jump: 34 1/2 inches
Broad jump: 10 1/2 feet
Short shuttle: 4.31 seconds
3-cone: 6.86 seconds
Bench: 18 reps

Bud Sasser: 6-2 5/8, 219; Hands- 10 1/8; Arms- 33; Wingspan- 78 5/8

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
At this point what can you expect? Maybe he can play special teams. He'll need that to make the team. Then again, Givens is a one trick pony and maybe they want someone with a couple more tricks.

RamBill

Legend
Twitter Reaction to Bud Sasser Pick

Nick Wagoner ‏@nwagoner

Rams giving their Mizzou fans a little something to enjoy in round 6 for the second consecutive year...

The Rams' first sixth-round pick is Mizzou WR Bud Sasser. Took CB E.J. Gaines in the sixth last year.

Evan Silva ‏@evansilva

New #Rams WR Bud Sasser is a @LordReebs favorite. 6'3/219. 4.53 40. 34 1/2" vert. 10' broad jump. Think he projects best as a "big slot" WR.

Nate Latsch ‏@NateLatsch

Mizzou WR Bud Sasser has good size and put up decent numbers at pro day -- 4.52 40, 6.88 3-cone drill, 11.37 60-yard shuttle. #STLRams

Nick Wagoner ‏@nwagoner

6 consecutive offensive players for Rams in this draft so far.Hope someone remembers to let Gregg Williams out of his office later. #STLPick

Casey Pearce ‏@ccpearce

Since Mizzou in the 6th went so well last year...@GainesTrain_31

Dion Caputi ‏@nfldraftupdate

With the 201st pick in the 2015 NFL Draft, the St. Louis Rams select Bud Sasser, WR. Missouri. Wins a lot of 50-50s. Can separate.

Eric Edholm ‏@Eric_Edholm

Bud Sasser. Nice. Rams landed E.J. Gaines, total theft in Round 6 last year. Rams coaches love Pinkel.

ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo

All 6 of Rams picks have been on offense. Every other team except for Tampa Bay (1) has taken at least 2 defensive players thus far.

Jim Thomas ‏@jthom1

It will be tough for Sasser to make 53-man roster, especially if they keep just 5 WRs. Could be him or Chris Givens if that's the case.

Sasser had 77 catches for 1,003 yards with 12 TDs last season for Mizzou. He's 6-2. 210.

Myles Simmons ‏@MylesASimmons

Anyway, Sasser made 77 receptions for 1,003 yards and 12 touchdowns in 2014 for Mizzou. He was 2nd SEC in rec, 3rd in SEC in yds receiving.

Brandon Kiley ‏@BKSportsTalk

I would not be shocked if Bud Sasser ends up starting for the #Rams.

Nick Wagoner ‏@nwagoner

Sasser said he didn't know Rams were interested but he's clearly excited about playing here with guys like Gaines, Barnes, etc. #STLPick

Bud Sasser on coming just up I-70 to play in STL: "This is the greatest feeling of my life."

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
I just watched his highlight reel and the analysis is spot on. I think he could factor in as a redzone threat but not much else because of his lack of speed. His soft hands and ball tracking ability definitely stand out on film. Definitely a natural ball catcher.

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
6 consecutive offensive players for Rams in this draft so far.Hope someone remembers to let Gregg Williams out of his office later. #STLPick

Lmao. I can so picture ol'Gregg locked in a room somewhere trying to beat the door down and screaming bloody murder.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I'm not a Mizzou fan. I don't evaluate talent for a living but I do believe this kid has a shot to make the team. He had over a 1000 yards receiving on 70 plus receptions and Maty "Awful" Mauk was throwing him the ball.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Lmao. I can so picture ol'Gregg locked in a room somewhere trying to beat the door down and screaming bloody murder.

We need more defensive tackles! I need another blitzing strong safety!!!!

Athos

Legend
Matty Terrible throwing him the ball and putting up those #s is impressive.

Sasser stepped up when we usually needed a reception at the most critical of times. I'm not sure how he'll translate to the NFL, but Colston was viewed as a big slow guy coming out and he's made a living being a match up nightmare working in the slot. Now, Sasser isn't nearly as big, but he's got a big body and soft hands.

He'll be a chain mover in the run 1st offense we've obviously built.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
This makes sense:
Sasser's best shot might come with a team looking for size in the slot or as a zone-beating possession receiver.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Never heard of him, but love his numbers/production...I bet there are about 100 or so kids that don't get drafted, but could come in and START in the pros if given a chance.....

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Never heard of him, but love his numbers/production...I bet there are about 100 or so kids that don't get drafted, but could come in and START in the pros if given a chance.....

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Matty Terrible throwing him the ball and putting up those #s is impressive.

Sasser stepped up when we usually needed a reception at the most critical of times. I'm not sure how he'll translate to the NFL, but Colston was viewed as a big slow guy coming out and he's made a living being a match up nightmare working in the slot. Now, Sasser isn't nearly as big, but he's got a big body and soft hands.

He'll be a chain mover in the run 1st offense we've obviously built.
But Mannion does not get the same excuse when revered ... Hmmmmm .... (n):LOL::D:rolleyes:o_O

Athos

Legend
But Mannion does not get the same excuse when revered ... Hmmmmm .... (n):LOL::D:rolleyes:o_O

Mannion = Matty. :sick::ROFLMAO:

You've not followed Mauk. Clearly. Imagine Manziel in college. Now imagine a guy trying to imitate Manziel.

Now imagine that imitation run 20 yards backwards every game at least once.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Mannion = Matty. :sick::ROFLMAO:

You've not followed Mauk. Clearly. Imagine Manziel in college. Now imagine a guy trying to imitate Manziel.

Now imagine that imitation run 20 yards backwards every game at least once.
and you clearly did not follow Ore. St. football. His TEAM was atrocious last yr. But a WR from mizzou gets the excuse, but a QB doesn't Seems you watch more Mizzou than Pac 12, no?