Rookie Training Camp

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I been hearing teams talking about Rookie training camp starting this Friday, is that true!?
When does the Rams Rookie camp start!?! any info will be deeply appreciated!!
Johnny%205.jpg
" I need input!!":D

DeaconJ

Rookie
Oh crap....Google's broken again!

ST. LOUIS RAMS

First Day: April 20

OTA Offseason Workouts: June 2, June 4-5, June 8-9, June 11, June 15-16, June 18-19

Mandatory Minicamp: None

RamzFanz

Damnit
Yeah, Fish doesn't do the mini-camp. No Earth City TC dates out beyond OTA's as of when I looked yesterday.

rdw

Pro Bowler
I thought they held a mini camp for rookies in the past? I swear I remember reading about how the rookies appreciated how it helped them get acclimated to the NFL before regular camp started.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
He does a rookie symposium type of thing... gets them all in together... brings their families in so that they see the facility and know where their sons are working and understand what their jobs entail...

He brings people in to talk with them about what it means to be a pro (moreso than the NFL does, I mean).

Then they all sign on the same day.

Not sure exactly how it works this year, but I know I don't sweat it anymore when they say on NFL Network, "The Rams are the only team to have signed none of their players, yet..." because they do it all on the same day as part of a tradition. Signing day.

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
According to the collective bargaining agreement, teams are allowed one post-draft rookie minicamp, which may be conducted on either the first or second weekend following the draft.

The rookie camps will prepare the young players for organized team activities, most of which start later this month. Not all teams have rookie minicamps, in 2014 24 teams held one.

Most teams tend to wait until the second weekend as a rookie is not allowed to attend any off-season camps/programs if their school is still in session and he has not graduated.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
He does a rookie symposium type of thing... gets them all in together... brings their families in so that they see the facility and know where their sons are working and understand what their jobs entail...

He brings people in to talk with them about what it means to be a pro (moreso than the NFL does, I mean).

Then they all sign on the same day.

Not sure exactly how it works this year, but I know I don't sweat it anymore when they say on NFL Network, "The Rams are the only team to have signed none of their players, yet..." because they do it all on the same day as part of a tradition. Signing day.
Yeah, this is also when he brings in the armored truck with 1 million dollars in it to show how much money goes to taxes, agents, necessary things. The rookies always say it's real eye opening because it's a visual with cold hard cash.