Romo Sucks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I wish all these guys would just take a breath once in awhile. Do they have to fill ever second with jiber jaber. Maybe if they stopped talking for a few seconds inbetween every play, they wouldnt have to slober all over kissing so much ass. They could just say why something happened. Give situational information, some stats. I have to mute every now and then just to keep sain.

brucebruce

Rookie
People have fawned over romo in the booth but i think he'd be better if he chilled out a bit and stop trying to show how 'smart' he is.

Olsen on the other hand does it perfectly. the best.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
^Agree with above.

Greg Olsen is awesome in the booth! Multiple times over the last few seasons I have looked up who the commentators were just because I wanted to know the name of the guy that was doing so awesome - Greg Olsen - every time.

He's not for everyone but I also really enjoy Aqib Talib as a commentator.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Funny thing was I was going to post about Romo & how bad he was. Turned on NFL network & saw Bengal’s vs Bills. I think the post though was boring weekend playoff games.

Romo has been bad all season. I told people how much he stunk.One person said that he was good & I questioned him. Then in following weeks he was just as bad. Imo have to agree

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Came on to mention Olson too. Insightful and talks just the right amount.

I like Romo's insight but he needs to learn less is more.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Yeah, I heard a couple of head scratching comments in that game and was stunned how bad he was.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
The bills attempted a borderline desperation bomb down the left sideline, down 2 scores. The Bengal DB played it perfectly and it was incomplete. Romo said "that's a game saving play" or something to that effect..... Game saving?? They are up 2 scores in the 4th quarter!!!???

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
He has gotten worse, I’m not a fan. He was better in much smaller doses.

The whole play by Play / color analyst thing is off kilter

It is as if it is curved toward keeping the less informed fans entertained at the expense of the dedicated fans

I thought he was so overreactive yesterday it was nauseating

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Doesn't Romo get paid $1M per-game?

I watch the games. I can talk football. I have the same number of Super Bowl appearances as Romo.

And, most relevant, I can be very stupid when analyzing football. I'll do it for a lot less than $1M per-game.

Hell, I'll do it for access to the post-game-buffet. But I am bringing tupper-ware.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I like Romo.

But apparently I don’t pay super close attention as I missed these calls.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I like Romo.

But apparently I don’t pay super close attention as I missed these calls.
He's no where near the worst. He's just not quite as good as the general consensus would have you believe.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Read the comments in that article.

Ramfansince79

Rookie
Name
Ramsfan79
I wish all these guys would just take a breath once in awhile. Do they have to fill ever second with jiber jaber. Maybe if they stopped talking for a few seconds inbetween every play, they wouldnt have to slober all over kissing so much ass. They could just say why something happened. Give situational information, some stats. I have to mute every now and then just to keep sain.
Preach on! I hate that soooooooooo much. I don’t need a play by play description of the play I just saw.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Never liked Romo. Some were fawning over him in the booth since he started, I wasn't buying it. He had a few good things to say but wasn't as good as some claimed him to be. I don't think Olsen's good either, he gets stuff wrong too much for my liking.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
I don't mind announcers as much as many do. I appreciate it's a hard job.

I like Romo's instinct to explain details. Yeah, he goes a little overboard with praise sometimes, but that's not terrible.

Only announcer that I disliked this year was Jonathan Vilma (for Rams-Saints game). That guy gets all sorts of things wrong, points out the obvious, and he is a cliche machine.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't mind announcers as much as many do. I appreciate it's a hard job.

I like Romo's instinct to explain details. Yeah, he goes a little overboard with praise sometimes, but that's not terrible.

Only announcer that I disliked this year was Jonathan Vilma (for Rams-Saints game). That guy gets all sorts of things wrong, points out the obvious, and he is a cliche machine.
I think we miss Howard Cosell, Pat Summerall and later John Madden...

Ram65

Legend
I'm an Olsen fan too.

He gives perspective from an offensive blocker and a pass catcher being a very good NFL TE. He comments on plays giving credit when due and some criticism when warranted on all positions. He also has a light delivery with a great sense of humor. He does favor the TEs which is understandable. Going to send Kittle a bill from his tailor after messing up his suite.

I like Sanchez. He is insightful and funny. Doesn't take himself too seriously.

Always liked Moose Johnston too.

Romo has lost that enthusiasm that made him like a fan.