Roger Saffold Cleared to play

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

now that he has 2 bionic shoulders he shouldn't fold like a cheap tent every time a dlineman challenges him.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Now we have to figure out what exactly to do with him. Would be awesome to see him healthy and productive for an entire year, but is starting him on this young line a good idea or not?
Lot of question marks here...

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame
Saffold will provide options on the O Line this season. I still think when he is healthy, he is an excellent OG. We are better off with him this year if he is healthy.

A55VA6

Legend
Hopefully he can stay healthy.. but if not, Reynolds and Brown played pretty good last year and Wichmann looked good at times, so I think we're in ok shape.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I think it's him or Reynolds starting next to Robinson...They'll have nice depth with both of them around...

psxpaul

Rookie
Name
Paul
I would get him some playing time at center this offseason, and make him the 6th OL. You can't count on him to stay healthy for a full 16 games, and continuity is so important.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
r3Ea5mA.jpg

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Just playin'. I love me some Rodger Saffold. Dude's a BEAST.
This is the year that he puts it all behind him and dominates.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Now we have to figure out what exactly to do with him. Would be awesome to see him healthy and productive for an entire year, but is starting him on this young line a good idea or not?
Lot of question marks here...

Gonna be interesting to see how it shakes out. If healthy he is the best guard on the team right now. Maybe in a year or two that changes but it was only what 2014 that he was kicking ass at RG?

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Saffold, when healthy, is the best OL we have had since Pace....which isn't saying too much now that I think about it...

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
When they started Reynolds at LG, the whole left side OL improved. GRob benefited GREATLY. No false starts or holding calls and Reynolds helped him with recognizing blitzes and odd pass rushes. Until GRob starts recognizing on his own I'd like to see the Rams keep Reynolds at LG. He's smarter than Saffold, and GRob needs a coach next to him for a while longer. Saffold is brittle anyway, so let him spell players off the bench. Rams OL the last 5 games was a vast improvement over the first 5 games. Its that "continuity" thing.