Roger Goodell earned $35 million in 2013

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/13/goodell-earned-35-million-in-2013/

Goodell earned $35 million in 2013
Posted by Mike Florio on February 13, 2015

goodell.jpg
AP

The bad news is that, in 2013, Commissioner Roger Goodell made $9 million less than he earned in 2013. The good news is he still earned a ton of money.

As reported by Daniel Kaplan of SportsBusiness Journal, and confirmed by PFT, Goodell made more than $35 million in 2013. His total compensation for the 2013 calendar year consisted of a base salary of $3.487 million and bonus and incentive compensation of $31.114 million. Along with “other reportable compensation” of $341,000, retirement and other deferred compensation of $34,000, and nontaxable benefits of $41,000, that’s $35,017,000.

“The Commissioner’s total compensation in 2013 is a fair reflection of his leadership and contributions during the year,” Falcons owner Arthur Blank, chair of the compensation committee, said in a statement issued to Kaplan. “Compensation packages for Roger and other senior executives are reviewed annually; accordingly, the compensation committee will conduct a thoughtful review and make a determination of 2014 compensation in March.”

Given that 2014 was a horrible year for the Commissioner — and in light of the anger recently displayed by Patriots owner Robert Kraft regarding the handling of the #DeflateGate scandal by the office over which Goodell presides — chances are the drop in compensation will be more than $9 million for 2014. Blank, Kraft, and Panthers owner Jerry Richardson make up the compensation committee.

Elsewhere at 345 Park Avenue, general counsel Jeff Pash earned $7.505 million in 2013. Steve Bornstein, the former executive V.P. of NFL Media, made $5.18 million. Executive V.P. of business ventures Eric Grubman earned $3.828 million, CFO Joseph Sinclaire made $2.437 million, executive V.P. of human resources Robert Gulliver was paid $2.236 million, and former executive V.P. of football operations Ray Anderson earned $1.833 million.

Federal law required the NFL to disclose the compensation of its key employees as part of the league office’s tax-exempt status.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Goodell's good at what he does... it's just what he does (protecting the money making ability of the owners and everything else be damned) isn't what we wish he did.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
As I've said umpteen times... Roger Goodell is the NFL's Corporate Lawyer and Acting Commissioner Pro Tem

In no way that matters does he function as a major league commissioner.

Maybe I have a skewed idea because I was raised on baseball and they have a tradition of very independent commissioners.

But even the NBA has Adam Silver now, after the train wreck who was very similar in David Stern. Valuations of franchises improved, but the game sucks now and problems like the former Clippers owner Sterling were allowed to fester for over a decade...

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I just wish I could trust the guy.

That is all.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
a base salary of $3.487 million and bonus and incentive compensation of $31.114 million
Um.

What?

What kind of incentive escalators could this guy have that equal 10X his base salary?

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Um.

What?

What kind of incentive escalators could this guy have that equal 10X his base salary?

GOOD ones ??? And because it's apparently subjective and not based on any real measurables, he is almost guaranteed to reach them...

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
How much of that is the kickback he's gets from Robert Kraft?
a02_jump_b_goodell_39480105-e1422272750273.jpg

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
He made $35,017,000? I'd say thats $35,015,000 too much. I'd give him 6 bucks a day for lunch. He can afford the lunch special at Burger King for that.

Athos

Legend
It's depressing really, how much corporate shills like that get paid.

To pretty much do nothing of note.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
It's a good gig if you can score it...About 25+ years ago, Michael Eisner had turned Disney around nicely...Did he do it all by his lil' old self??? I think not...Yet his thank you for it was a nice tidy $20,000,000...When is enough enough ??? (remembering that this was 25-30 years ago) My point being that the situation with Goodfellow is the same situation., just on a smaller scale...It's really obscene that the little guys that do all the heavy lifting are left holding little more their dick in their hand at the end of the day...BTW, with stock option gains, Eisner stood to walk away with $200,000,000...

Last edited:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Thirty-five-million-seventeen-thousand too much.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Um....Michael Eisner SCREWED Disney...he went for short term profits over long term profitability, totally alienated virtually every last creative in the place (I consulted at Disney briefly and have known more than a few people at various levels who've worked for and with Disney before and during Eisner's "reign") and turned what was a creative incubator into a corporate purchaser of other's creations.

It got so bad on the movie front that Pixar was HALF of all Disney's movie GROSS and that was with them releasing a movie every 2-3 years, while Disney released a full slate via Disney, Touchstone and a host of other production companies.

sorry for the rant, but Eisner's a sore point with me and my family. For those of use that remember Disneyland and Disney's creative legacy (warts and all), to see what Eisner did to it is just... obscene.

NukeRam

I test nuclear weapons
Name
Mike
EARNED???? Sure he protects the product but it's not like we don't know he's lying and covering up.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
If he makes the same level of bad decisions in his personal life as he does as commish he's living paycheck to paycheck.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Rounding things off, 3.5 mill + 1 Mill per owner in kick backs, equals 35.5 Mill. That's how he made his money! He's owned by the owners, and that's who he's out to please. PERIOD!!

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Here is how the incentives break down.

5 mil per evidence destroyed. 5 mil for each negative story squashed. 5 mil for delaying investigations and punishments until after the SB.

Those are the big payouts but here is his bread and butter.

He gets one mil for each lie he tells while keeping a straight face. This one adds up so fast they had to put a cap of 20 mil on it.

Now I know a lot of people are going to say I forgot to include how much he gets paid for each blowjob he gives an owner but upon carefully examining his contract it appears those are free.