Rodgers vs. Bradford ESPN

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
Watching some highlights on ESPN (I know why torture myself) and they were praising Rodgers for at least 5 mins about how well he played and bla bla bla. and then mention for 10 secs Bradford's one perfectly thrown TD. the complaint here is that they both had mirrored stats and Bradford is the one coming back from a blown ACL lighting it up yet it's all about Rodgers like this is something new. unbelievable

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Eh, Rodgers has earned the right to be praised endlessly on ESPN. He's arguably the best player in the NFL playing for one of the most storied franchises with one of the most diehard fan bases. There are a lot of things ESPN wastes way too much time talking about but imo, Aaron Rodgers is not one.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The NFLN staff did a nice job at halftime. I was particularly impressed with Warren Saap discussing Sam Bradford.

Warner seems to try too hard to "not look like a homer". I find that annoying sometimes.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Earlier they had a picture of Rodgers and a picture of Gilbert with a caption of "Rodgers drove his team down for a TD in his opening drive, now it's Bradford's turn."

So 10 seconds is an improvement.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
As mentioned, Rogers has earned the spotlight. Sam, to date, has not. Sam's time will come.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Eh, Rodgers has earned the right to be praised endlessly on ESPN. He's arguably the best player in the NFL playing for one of the most storied franchises with one of the most diehard fan bases. There are a lot of things ESPN wastes way too much time talking about but imo, Aaron Rodgers is not one.

Agreed. Rogers is a truly great QB.

It doesn't help they don't beleive in Bradford. It's not like they're covering Andrew Luck, here.

cracengl

Rookie
The highlight of the game on NFL network was Michael Sam's sack as far as the Rams were concerned. Big effin deal.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
well that's my point. he's proven it's no big deal he put a few drives together for 10 points. it's expected. Bradford does about the same thing coming off ACL and they don't care. the point is to highlight NEWS not Rodgers being Rodgers in preseason. if your gonna rag on Bradford for always being make or break then they should shut up and post the highlights when he puts up

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Defenses are just as vanilla as offenses in the preseason. An All Pro QB should do well against that. Rogers is and All Pro and picked them apart as expected. Bradford did it the second time we had the ball. That was encouraging.

I don't have a problem with ESPN heaping praises on a guy who's been there done that. They didn't spend much time on Bradford because he hasn't accomplished a lot as yet. He certainly looked good on the second drive. Not bad considering the injury he's coming back from. I'm hopeful he will accomplish good things that ESPN will spend 10 minutes talking about him.

SierraRam

Recreational User

Rodgers took over and blossomed in his 4th year - Sam was on his way before the injury. Will Sam ever be Rodgers? Probably not. But I think were looking at 5+ consecutive years of great QB play from Sam. It's his time.

Rodgers & the Pack did exactly what we tried to do: control the LOS, run the ball, play action pass...

Long, Saffold, Brockers, Laurenitus will make the difference.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Honestly I hear about overhyped rookies (Mark Sanchez, Johnny Manziel, Robert Griffin III) more on BSPN than consistent pros like Aaron Rodgers.

iced

well that's my point. he's proven it's no big deal he put a few drives together for 10 points. it's expected. Bradford does about the same thing coming off ACL and they don't care. the point is to highlight NEWS not Rodgers being Rodgers in preseason. if your gonna rag on Bradford for always being make or break then they should shut up and post the highlights when he puts up

It's even better when everyone rips on bradford for "dinking and dunking" as Rodgers does the same thing on the other side of the field.

RamWoodie

Legend
Watching some highlights on ESPN (I know why torture myself) and they were praising Rodgers for at least 5 mins about how well he played and bla bla bla. and then mention for 10 secs Bradford's one perfectly thrown TD. the complaint here is that they both had mirrored stats and Bradford is the one coming back from a blown ACL lighting it up yet it's all about Rodgers like this is something new. unbelievable
It was Aaron Rodgers man! He'll get the press because He's arguably the TOP QB DOG...relax.

A55VA6

Legend
That's the problem... ESPN. They're terrible. NFLN seems to give credit when credit is due.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

He's one of the top 5 QB's in my lifetime IMO..........he's just that good.

stlramscar

UDFA
look until Bradford and the rams start winning CONSISTENTLY nobody outside of the st.louis media will take them seriously.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Sam isn't even half the QB Rodgers is. And that's OK, because not many are even close to his level. Rodgers is going to get that attention because he's going to be in the HOF within the next 15 years or so. Sam played extremely well, and we know that. Even Packers fans were impressed. But until Sam can put up performances like that consistently, he isn't going to get that attention and he shouldn't.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It's even better when everyone rips on bradford for "dinking and dunking" as Rodgers does the same thing on the other side of the field.

Exactly!

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
I'm re-watching the game on DVR this morning. Rodgers is flat out on a different level from my perspective. The 1st drive play-action where he had to scramble to get away from Robert Quinn. Aaron has eyes in the back of his head. He found a lane, accelerated through it, slid in between 5 blue jerseys.....then the part I was most impressed with, came instantly up out of the slide before a player could touch him, and was back in huddle, while our guys were still trying to figure out who's fault it was. Next pass, lightening sling throw to sideline to beat the DE's again.

If we meet the Packers in post season with both teams at full strength, I think it would take a shoot-out to beat an Aaron Rodger's led team.

It sure would have been nice to see both teams with 1st strings at full health. May be some rust early in the year. We may start some games slow, but I think we finish stronger. We'll be grinding out the early seasons wins until we hit our stride. By mid-season we'll be blowing teams out. I still think we'll end up 19-0.